Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To the Yankees: Boo frickity hoo.

Spaceman Spiff

What a bunch of suck ass crybabies. They barely make it to the playoffs in the last week of the season and then whine about how the Angels got homefield advantage.

:cheers::cheers: here's to the death of the yankees. may they go 86 years between world championships.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2179632

Yanks angry at Showalter for pulling stars vs. Angels

ESPN.com news services

The New York Yankees will be on the road for Game 1 of their Division Series against the Los Angeles Angels. And the Bronx Bombers are crying foul about it, directing their ire against former Yankees manager Buck Showalter.

Showalter removed starters Michael Young, Mark Teixeira and Hank Blalock for pinch-runners in the third inning against the Angels on Sunday. The Texas Rangers led 4-1 after three innings, but the Angels rallied for a 7-4 victory and earned home-field advantage for the first round against the Yankees with the victory.

Young, Teixeira and Blalock went a combined 4-for-5 on Sunday, but their replacements went 0-for-6.

The Yankees, who lost 10-1 in Boston on Sunday, finished with an identical 95-67 record as the Angels, but Los Angeles won the tiebreaker because it won six of 10 games against New York this season.

Former Ranger Alex Rodriguez, who played for Showalter in Texas, was one of the Yankees who was peeved at the Rangers manager's decision.

What do you think was Buck Showalter's primary motivation in removing his starters?

Getting them an ovation

Sticking it to the Yankees

"There's a code of honor when so much is on the line," Rodriguez told the New York Daily News. "You hope people do the right thing. But you can't control what people do."

Yankees manager Joe Torre was equally surprised.

"It's surprising," Torre told The New York Times. "If his team was in the playoffs, I could understand it a little bit more. It's just surprising he pulled them so soon."

Showalter defended his decision, saying he wanted his three young stars to get an ovation from the home crowd in the team's final game of the season.

"Those guys posted up every day," Showalter told The Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "They deserved that cookie."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said told the New York Times that he didn't mind Showalter's decision, however.

"If we had won one more game, we wouldn't have to be worried about what anybody else did," Cashman told The Times.

Game 1 of the best-of-5 series between the Yankees and Angels is Tuesday night at 8 p.m. ET.

On one hand, I do understand the gripe, I think it sucked that the Rangers basically did less than their best, however, I don't like the Yankees at all. The drummer in my band is an annoying Yankee fan and we will actually have to cancel band practice if there is a game on, so I hope they go out in 3 games... :D

The funny thing about the Yankees is they are lucky that there is this stupid rule to give the division to head to head record, when in the past they played for it.

However didn't the yankees mail in that last game, so how can they call out Texas when they did the same thing :laugh:

ARod complaining??? There's a shocker.

You know, if the fate of your season rests on whether or not the Rangers play their starters and you have a payroll that DWARFS every other team in baseball, I don't think you have much to complain about.

Seriously, do you know what this whiny crap sounds like to a Pirates fan?

You know, if the fate of your season rests on whether or not the Rangers play their starters and you have a payroll that DWARFS every other team in baseball, I don't think you have much to complain about.

:notworthy

Yeah, i can't really get on board with this. This doesn't annoy me as much as them asking for a forfiet last year because Tampa was late due a hurricaine.

If home field was important to the Yanks, Jaret Wright wouldn't have pitched yesterday, plain & simple.

Hopefully the Yanks will take it to Colon tomorrow night.......

I used to think Yankees fans were by far the most bandwagon like, but I have noticed that all of a sudden being a Bosox fan is the trendiest thing since the popped collar.

Understandably so. People who hate the yankees jumped on the bandwagon once they saw that the Sox were the main challenger. I know I did. Anyone who can beat the Yankoffs is good in my book.

Understandably so. People who hate the yankees jumped on the bandwagon once they saw that the Sox were the main challenger. I know I did. Anyone who can beat the Yankoffs is good in my book.

It is for that exact reason why I hate the RedSox as much as I hate the Yankees.

what, that people were happy to see a team finally topple the naz..er, yankees?

Teams have beaten the Yankees. I hate the Philly Eagles, but I'm not going to run out and join the Patriots bandwagon just because they can beat them and the Redskins can't. Regardless, it's your right to cheer whomever you want, and I'm not judging you. I just get tired of people always jumping on bandwagons of teams that are winning instead of sticking to the team they really like.

Teams have beaten the Yankees. I hate the Philly Eagles, but I'm not going to run out and join the Patriots bandwagon just because they can beat them and the Redskins can't. Regardless, it's your right to cheer whomever you want, and I'm not judging you. I just get tired of people always jumping on bandwagons of teams that are winning instead of sticking to the team they really like.

It's not like I abandoned my favorite team. I just root for the Sox when I see them playing the yankees.

I've always kind of liked them, I went to Fenway in high school and saw them whip the **** out of the angels....and ever since then I've liked them alright...was just finally happy to see them beat the yankees last year....and hopefully this year.

Man, no Sox love? After taking a gynormous crap of humble pie and ramming it down the Yankees throats last year how could you NOT like them :laugh:

I just love the fact that the Yankees are the Evil Empire, and they are all that is wrong with baseball in people's eyes. It even helps the Sox, because even though they are over $100mil in payroll, they are still $100mil+ behind the Yankees, and people look at them like the little guy knocking off the big guy.

The reason there are so many Boston fans are:

1. They have been the perrenial losers, the epitome of the underdog.

2. There are 400,000 students that come to Boston every year, and that adds for a HELL of a lot of fans.

3. EVERYONE hates the Yankees, and any team that beats them deserves praise.

4. They have a HUGE travelling fandom, a common summer trip is to watch the Sox play somewhere other then Boston. So in a place like Baltimore, which has many New England transplants to begin with, there are also a lot of Bostonians that make the trip down for a weekend vacation.

Exactly. There will be no Red Sox/Yankees ALCS this year... because the Red Sox are not good enough.

And you think the Yankees are? They tied the Sox an had a single win more then them in head to head games, they are about as even as you can get. I think they are 36-35 against each other over the past three years, an amazing statistic.

Archived