Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To the Yankees: Boo frickity hoo.

Spaceman Spiff

Amazing. They don't even win their division outright (had to depend on "tie breakers") and they want home field advantage because some other team screwed them over by taking their starters out... riiiiight. With a week left in the season, Brian Roberts got his elbow turned inside out. I would take my starters out of a garbage game at the end of the season too.

The Yankees suck. That Tampa thing was the ultimate whiny crappy classless thing to do. This is nothing compared to that. This is just being whiny ****es.

The awesome thing is now I have the satisfaction of knowing that one of the times the Orioles kicked the crap out of them this year knocked them out of home-field advantage! Woo-hoo! GO ORIOOOOS!!!!!

LOL

I do love the fact since he bolted Bmore the Yanks have not won :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

I made this last year:

MikePriceless275.jpg

This is a big story up here. A lot of people are coming down on the Yankees and esspecially their announcers for the comments they made during the final game. Hearing it yesterday, it was pretty pathetic.

:logo:

I think I remember talking about this before, right around when I joined, I think.

Yankee fans hate Mike Mussina. If you ask 100 Yankee fans about Mussina, at least 85 will tell you he sucks (That number might be higher)

Yankee fans all have that BS about "becoming a yankee"

Case in point:

Giambi "became a yankee" when he hit a grand slam in the rain against the Twins. (In May, mind you)

Randy Johnson "became a yankee" this past Saturday, when he beat the Red Sox to clinch the division.

The list goes on & on, I don't want to keep naming, because even as a Yankee fan, this "Become a Yankee" stuff annoys me.

Mussina, mind you, pitched a 1-0 victory in Oakland in game 3 of the ALCS (The Jeter flip game) when the Yanks were down 0-2 to the A's

In 2003, he came in relief after Clemens got lit up by the sox in game seven, and held the fort down until the Yankees came back. 4 scoreless innings, if i remember correctly.

Those are defining playoff moments on a perrenial contender, but it doesn't matter.

Moose may get lit up tonight, but there is not a pitcher on the Yankee staff I would rather have pitching a do-or-die game five than Mussina.

But we all know how most Yankee fans think, that's why they say Al Leiter should pitch instead.......

Go Yanks

I don't hate the Yankees. I love the Yankees. I mean I really love the Yankees. They have brought me joy from my childhood through today. A love passed on from my mother - NYC born and raised. She always taught me not to pay attention to those inferior teams and their sour grapes.

Did I mention I love the Yankees?

I don't hate the Yankees. I love the Yankees. I mean I really love the Yankees. They have brought me joy from my childhood through today. A love passed on from my mother - NYC born and raised. She always taught me not to pay attention to those inferior teams and their sour grapes.

Did I mention I love the Yankees?

I heard ya loud and clear on that one!!!! YANKS RULE!!!!

By the way... What was that cheerleader post all about??? If those girls don't want to be exploited, then don't become a cheerleader. Besides, they're really marketing themselves for other future endeavors.

hey Warrentonboy Yankee fan,

I've probably spent enough time on the cheerleader fair pay campaign than my work allows. I pretty much said all I wanted to about it. But what can I say, I like fighting for people.

I do feel that they are being used - and that's okay for both sides if it's a fair exchange. But in this case I don't think it is and all the talk about how much the cheerleaders get out of it is just that - talk. I realize that some of them want to use it as a springboard for "other things" but how realistic is that? How many professional sports club cheerleaders actually start a career from this?

I certainly understand that it's a great fun thing to do, cheering is fun as is getting to see the games up close and being a part of the team family - although they seem to be treated like distant cousins who serve their purpose and then are shunted to the kids' table during Thanksgiving dinner. The seemingly harsh penalty in the rule against fraternization with the players (does that include coaches and management?) is very insulting - since they're not really treated as employees - as in no real pay, why should they be subject to such a rule? I wonder where that rule came from? Some players' wives maybe? I don't know but the team shouldn't be involved in such things. If a player's marriage is going to be threatened then it's going to be threatened - it's not the cheerleaders' fault. The players can find plenty of noncheerleaders to "fraternize" with. Does the band have a no-fraternization rule as well? And yea why not give the band a little something to compensate them. Paying them more is NOT going to change who wants to play in the Redskins band at a Redskins game. When the "family" gets to be so rich it boggles the mind why not share a little with its members?

My main complaint about the pathetic $75 a game only pay is that it evidences a lack of respect for their hard work and their role in the team family. I didn't suggest this become a full-time highly paid position. Suggesting $1000 a week or even $500 a week for the season only comes to $8000 or $16,000 per year. And you know they spend a lot of time off season on direct and indirect activities for their roles with the team. That really isn't a lot of money for professional teams who bring in the kind of money they do. I bet they have no problem spending many more thousands for "consultants" or "creative artists" or whatever for frivolous things in "service to the team." Some of these women could probably use help for the ridiculous college tuition fees they have to pay these days. Now that's a nice PR notion for the team. Helping the cheerleaders get their education or even amass a down payment for a home in this ridiculous market.

Look, I know no one is making them do this and I know how much fun it is to be an object of desire and turn guys' heads. We all like that. But it is being used in service to the team - it's not like they're groupies. Besides the fun cheering, I'm sure this is all a great ego boost for them but the same can be said for the players and even the owner - albeit on a much larger scale. But why does that preclude them from being better compensated for their efforts. And why such oposition to it? Trust me, for the most part you'd get the same women trying out for the squad and you'd have the same people making the selection. Paying them more is not going to turn them into cynical chorus girls. And what gives anyone the notion that some - not all just some - of them aren't just playing a role anyway when it comes to their "enthusiasm" for the team. Hey, we women all know how to fake an orgasm. You guys never spot that - or maybe you don't want to.

So, Warrentownboy, you have succeeded in distracting me from my work even further when I promised myself to leave the subject alone for now. But men should realize that "loving" women is best done when you love all of them and all aspects of their lives. And that includes fair treatment as well as the goodies.

Thanks for the excuse to take a break from work. I am so undisciplined sometimes I'm ashamed of myself.

Go Yankees!

Archived