Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar WARNING!!/980 Recap (Merged)

Art

He is one of the biggest Redskins fan on Radio.. unlike hypocrites like Tony Korn......

Tony is a skins fan but just tells it how it is, so how does that make him a hpyocrite, and unlike others he says when he is wrong like this morning.

I just don't get the "no need to rush him back" arguements. Yes we are 3-0 but you are kidding yourselves if you think we are some sort of powerhouse team that can afford to bench our best players. I can't imagine any other team doing this. Do you think if Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher were injured that their respective teams would hesistate to bring them back, even if they were winning without them?

Talking about schemes he is part of

I am sick of this scheme excuse.

He is the highest paid player on the team, if you are not on the field it is because of something else. If he is better then everyone else he would have his job.

I think we have seen the last of him on this team. If he is 100% healthy and is not on the field then there is something else behind this.

Ok,

What is more realistic. They are working Lavar back into the schemes gradually since the D is playing relatively well making sure there is not a repeat of the "I need to be on the field/you put me back to soon!" fiasco

OR

There is some unsaid conspiracy going on between Gibbs and Williams against LaVar in which Lavar knows all of the defensive packages 100%, he is 100% healthy and they are not playing him simply because they don't like him even though they KNOW he can help the defense when he is in there. And they are keeping him out even to the detriment of the team just to prove their point?

I dunno, maybe I'm just a tool but I think it's the first option.

Ok,

What is more realistic. They are working Lavar back into the schemes gradually since the D is playing relatively well making sure there is not a repeat of the "I need to be on the field/you put me back to soon!" fiasco

OR

There is some unsaid conspiracy going on between Gibbs and Williams against LaVar in which Lavar knows all of the defensive packages 100%, he is 100% healthy and they are not playing him simply because they don't like him even though they KNOW he can help the defense when he is in there. And they are keeping him out even to the detriment of the team just to prove their point?

I dunno, maybe I'm just a tool but I think it's the first option.

Lavar has been here the whole time he was injured you think he just decided to learn the playbook week 1?

Theory (with no supporting direct evidence, only circumstantial evidence):

Dale Lindsey and Lavar are not getting along--he's a drill-sargeant type who screams at his players (he made one cry, yatta, yatta), and at some point Lavar has gotten into his doghouse. I figure that Lindsey fixes the depth chart and packages at LB, and Williams pretty much defers to him in those matters--that's part of what an LBs coach does. So until Lindsey says the word, Lavar remains on only a few under-used packages. Coaches need to be in command of their units--if Lindsey appears not to be making these decisions, he loses face with the players, it's harder to push and motivate them, etc. So Williams won't likely over-rule Lindsey at this point. That's where the trouble is. And didn't Lindsey coach Holdman before? (I could be wrong about this...)

My guess is that in the next few games, we'll see Lavar get his chance. Behind closed doors, Williams and Blache will decide, it's time to get him in the mix, whatever the deal with Lindsey is. However it works out, I take it Gibbs has very little say on the process--you hire people to take these sorts of responsibilities. Under-cutting your own coaches is not productive.

Let's hope it lights a fire under LA, and when he gets in there he kicks ass.

About trading LA--not sure that's feasible given the cap numbers.

About holding out LA due to the FA part of his deal--he had to MAKE the pro-bowl two years for that to kick in. Not playing him lessens the chances that he becomes a FA. DOubt that's the issue.

Lindsey is a hot-head and LA is a sensitive guy with a big ego. My guess is the trouble is there. In Gibbs presser today, he said he wouldn't comment on issues between players and coaches (that's something they keep in-house) and that he spoke to LA THIS MORNING and "had a good talk." But "It's a process we're going through there." Gibbs is trying to smooth things over with LA, but support his coaches at the same time.

I'd like to see him play. Even this year, he's made a difference, IMHO. He broke through and hit Orton against CHicago, and even though he didn't get the sack, the play was busted and other D players got it. He is a disruptive force, in both good and bad senses, I guess. ;)

Lavar should not be the one to approach the coaches and ask for playing time. The coaches know what he brings. He should at the very least be rushing the QB on passing downs.

Lastly, did I miss something in the pre-season? I thought Lavar played well, was active and was in on many tackles. Was I wrong?

I love Lavar as well and I wouldnt want to get rid of him at all..however if we did I wouldnt want him to go to any NFC team at all cause that guy is crazy in a good way..he will come looking for us..lol!

The point I was trying to make is that he go to a team that sucks. maybe cleveland then.

I truly and sincerely hope that Lavarr just displays some character and realizes that to mentor some of these LBs and just wait for the injury that most likely will happen like The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said.

I have high hopes for Lavarr. I don't buy into the "Me" crap. He is a team player, A player who plays on instinct. He can be utilized but he dug his own slow recovery with the public complaint that he was hurried into coming back to quickly after the knee surgery that he had last season.

The D is playing well and so long as we have Greg W. leading the D, we're okay but I just want to see the Lavarr Leap! He's a play maker, Play him!

I can settle this once and for all.

There is one reason....and one reason only why Lavar Arrington is not playing and being phased out of this team.

I own his jersey.

I also own:

Bailey's jersey

Ramsey's jersey

Taylor's #36 jersey

....and lastly I own Clinton Portis' jersey. One can only assuredly assume he is next.

There is one reason....and one reason only why Lavar Arrington is not playing and being phased out of this team.

I own his jersey.

I also own:

Bailey's jersey

Ramsey's jersey

Taylor's #36 jersey

....and lastly I own Clinton Portis' jersey. One can only assuredly assume he is next.

Man, that sucks. Funny you say that though. After the game yesterday on the shuttle ride back to the metro I talked to this guy who said that Portis isn't a Gibbs kind of player, and look for him to be replaced by Betts and Cartwright.

:paranoid:

I own his jersey.

I also own:

Bailey's jersey

Ramsey's jersey

Taylor's #36 jersey

Dude, you and me both. I got his jersey for my birthday. My first ever authentic NFL Shop jersey and all this talk crops up just a few days after I opened that gift. :(

A lot of people are fabricating quotes that lavar has never said or even remotely hinted to.. I'm so sick of people have short memories. Since lavar has been here he's been about the Redskins. He's playing nice now and the only time in his career he didn't play nice that I'm aware of is when he freaked out on the media regarding the team's handling of his leg. I was critical of him because of that but damn, don't make up crap or assume he's a certain type of guy when you really have no clue.

Thank you! And folks with all these selective memories about his play kill me. I tell you, it's as if he's never done anything good as a player. He didn't make the probowl by osmosis. And don't tell me about any reputation cause everybody seems to think he's overrated. All I know is the defense is not making anything happen, and all the people that are so called getting the job done aren't getting sacks or pressure on the QB. You could put him in to not get pressure and not create turnovers.

I think it's simple -- like Ramsey, the coaches just don't trust Lavar as a player.

I think your right but heres the difference between the two. Ramsey played poorly in the preseason. The last time we really saw Lavar Arrington fully healthy he was spitting out Mike Vick's jersey. He played well in the Steelers preseason game and then vanished. Lavar Arrington deserves more than two reps as a rush end.

Chew on this all of you Lavar haters. Joe Gibbs just said on his radio show that Lavar is not playing because he is not the starter. Doesn't this team not have starters on Defense???? Every other player except Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor get subbed out at some point. I am just tired of being lied to. I am tired of not seeing a talented player get a chance to show the world what he has. Give him a chance. Give him a half a game and if he can't do it he can't do it. He has been here for five years and always been a solid player and a good locker room presence. We didn't pay him millions because he is tall. Put him in the dam game.

I own his jersey.

I also own:

Bailey's jersey

Ramsey's jersey

Taylor's #36 jersey

That's why the only jerseys I have ever owned were:

Riggins

Joe T.

Monk

and rypien

lucky for me Rypien's didn't have his name on it and now it's a Ramsey Jersey.

I also refuse to buy a jersey of a guy younger then me. A matter of pride.

but thats for another thread

If that is Arrington's answer to special teams, he should be traded as soon as possible. This team doesen't need players like that around here. We have rid ourselves of alot of "me first" players. Arrington is a "me first" player that is taking up a ton of cap space that we could use for a true Redskin. LaVar has not changed one bit since his days in college. Why do you think Paterno told him to leave after his junior season? He had had enough of him. The Redskins have had enough of him. Let him rot on the bench the rest of the season then trade him to an AFC team so we only have to see his sorry a*s every few years.

Yeah, Dirk, a player who has been to Pro Bowls and plays hard should let people like you besmirch his career and his reputation.

At work, I've been 'corrected' on several things that I never got wrong--I correct my boss on her misperception. "My record speaks for itself." I guess I'm a bad employee for standing up for myself. I accept the blame for the things I do wrong, of course.

Dirk, you're the one with the LA vendetta. Enough.

Just curious. When your new boss came on, did you go on record as saying that she had to prove herself to you?

What "record" speaks for Lavar? Because he got voted into a few Pro Bowls? Puhleease. This isn't Lawrence Taylor we are talking about. LA is not a player and has never been a player who offenses had to account for.

If that is Arrington's answer to special teams, he should be traded as soon as possible. This team doesen't need players like that around here. We have rid ourselves of alot of "me first" players. Arrington is a "me first" player that is taking up a ton of cap space that we could use for a true Redskin. LaVar has not changed one bit since his days in college. Why do you think Paterno told him to leave after his junior season? He had had enough of him. The Redskins have had enough of him. Let him rot on the bench the rest of the season then trade him to an AFC team so we only have to see his sorry a*s every few years.

What in the world are you talking about? Did you not hear what the man said? He said he would do ANYTHING he is asked to do and he was never asked to play on special teams. For the love of god, please get your facts straight.

Not as much as he can hurt us.

Right, like Holdman didn't hurt us on his 2 tackle performance? Did you miss him letting his reciever run right by him as he was biting on playaction. Or maybe you missed him completely over persueing on one of Alexander's few long runs and letting him cutback to the weakside for a huge run. He has done NOTHING in all 3 games and has certainly hurt us more then help us. Lavar needs to be in there, simple as that.

Archived