Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar WARNING!!/980 Recap (Merged)

Art

I don't agree. The fact is we have a better record since he has been out.

I have seen him out of position too many times to count. He is great at closing on the ball, but not so great at reading coverages, and we have been burned because of it.

So, I guess you saw Holdman being out of position more then once during the last game as well? Biting hard on play action and letting the TE go right by him leaving him wide open for a nice gain or how about on one of Alexanders few long runs when he over persue'd and gave Alexander a huge cutback lane with no one in sight to stop him. I actually took the time watch Holdman throughout the game and he did nothing except when he blew his assignment which gave the Seahawks a big play. If you don't think Lavar would be a huge upgrade at weak side linebacker you're kidding youself, all you have to do is watch how poor Holdman plays throughout the game.

I don't agree. The fact is we have a better record since he has been out.

I have seen him out of position too many times to count. He is great at closing on the ball, but not so great at reading coverages, and we have been burned because of it.

To say that WARRICK HOLDMAN the NO NAME is better than LaVar Arrington is pure LUDACRIS. I have no personal anger at Warrick Holdman, he doesn't choose who plays (just want to make that clear). Come on people, there are some people on this board who will agree with the coaches decision just simply because he is the coach.

Yet, I am sure these same people (some of them) wouldn't agree with the president's decision (nothing wrong with that). They will just accept what the coach says and not develop their own opinions...

That is just wrong in my eyes...

:doh:

I don't at all he has swallowed his pride and stood on the sideline cheered his teammates and said all the right things while the damn crowd yesterday was screaming ARR ING TON. This is not a mind game the coaches know what they have.
I agree. There is more to this than we are being told. And not playing Arrington almost cost us the game. Don't tell me that Seatle was not moving the ball at will on that last drive and that Arrington couldn't have done something about it.:mad:

I heard the entire interview, Lavar is a punk, Doc and the Judge tried to get to it with Larvar and the Coach protected him. Made me sick. Lavar doesn't remember the old adage, "What have you done for me lately...". He said he lost his job because he was hurt. He doesn't know why he isn't playing and he doesn't have to go the coach and ask. Coach defended that move.

:laugh: What should he have said? nothing? so you can still bash him with you opinion that will not change no matter what? How is Lavar a punk? While we are dissing Redskins How do you think Clintion Portis would handle this situatuion? Any player would be upset if he is not getting in the game and is a proven commodity in this league. The coaches are playing mind games not a good thing to do when the team is 3-0 and you have the best "team" atmoshpere you have had in 15 years.

Lavar: I'm gonna do what I can do. If I can get back on the field, I will do whatever I can to do that. I just wanna play, be a part of this team, help it be a winner.

He will start playing more, you can count on it.

Hey, LaVar broke some eggs with all the complaining about the contract and saying they forced him back to quickly. Now he has gone on record saying Im 100% healthy and Ill do anything.

You will now see him doing more. Special teams, rushing the FG and regular D. If nothing else, if they don't play him, the Skins will look stupid. They are now pretty much forced to put in him more.

The year Marvin Lewis was here, he played DE on third down or obvious passing situations. I think he had 11 sacks. At the very least, he could give us some sort of pass rush from the front four. It's good that they're 3-0, but I don't think they scare anyone. They don't get a lot of sacks and they don't get any turnovers. Eventually that catches up with you.

Lavar is being "punished" or "reprimanded" in some way. There has to be something underneath all of this. It is absolutely bewildering that one of the top 10 LBs in the NFL isn't being given back his starting job. I understand that Greg Williams and to an even greater extent, Joe Gibbs are coaches who keep the guys in there that are doing well enough to win but we are talking about a player with the talent of a Takeo Spikes or a young Junior Seau that is simply being left on the sideline. (No debates necessary on my comparisons. That's an entirely different thread so just leave them there.) Lavar may have some shortcomings that will prevent him from being "the next Lawrence Taylor" as he was unfairly touted as a rookie, but there is a CLEAR-CUT, easily-visible impact on offenses when he is healthy (as he claims) and on the field. Either he and the coaching staff are playing possum about his injury status, or he is in a serious doghouse (perhaps the grievance about his supposed contract bonus?) and is simply not getting out until he asks for a trade.

None of what said here is based on fact. They are just my own surmisals from what I have read here and I'm just trying to inspire those who might have more info (andyman :) ) to come forth and shed light.

Reading coverages? We're talking about a linebacker here NOT a quarterback. I think half the time you guys sit there and make **** up in support of your oppinion.

Please stop and think about this situation rationally for a second. Do you even for a minute think that this has anything to with what LaVar can or cannot do on the field? The coaching staff is making this personal and while Arrington is saying the right things for the time being, one of the coaches needs to step up in difuse this situation before it starts to boil over.

We're a worse defense without Arrington on the field.

He will start playing more, you can count on it.

Hey, LaVar broke some eggs with all the complaining about the contract and saying they forced him back to quickly. Now he has gone on record saying Im 100% healthy and Ill do anything.

You will now see him doing more. Special teams, rushing the FG and regular D. If nothing else, if they don't play him, the Skins will look stupid. They are now pretty much forced to put in him more.

I really, really, hope you are correct...

I want LaVar to play as much as he wants to play.

:(

EDIT:

Laurent, you are 100% correct. Hit the nail on the head...

Everyone forget about how we used to get beat Lavar was out of position and the other team took a screen for 70 yards because Lavar didn't stay home. Looks what's happening with ST two long TD's because he didn't play his responsibility on the field.

I've heard this excuse so many times and it is completely stupid. So what. People get beat. It freaking happens. Everyone in the NFL gets beat. Suck it up. Guess what people, we are not going to have 16 shutouts. Not really sure, maybe you can google this fact, NOBODY EVER HAS OR EVER WILL.

So maybe we should sit Lavar, and continue on our 18 sack a year defense pace. Or maybe we should continue to have to blitz our corner backs and get burned for 40 yard pass plays if they don't make it to the QB. :doh:

All I have to say is now that this has become a very hot topic, more people will actually pay attention to Holdman's play throughout the game for themselves and see just how much better Lavar would be in there. I can't wait til this sunday and see how everyone feels if Holdman remains the starter and seeing first hand that he's an average back-up at best, nothing more.

We must not forget that with Lavars tenure here he has hadto fight off big linemen to make his tackles because we had some of the worst defensive tackles in the NFL. We could NOT stop the run and couldn't get to the QB. Those were some of the most terrible years for him defensively.

If this Org would have done right and put some studs in front of him, we might have seen some Lawrence Taylor like appearances or another Lavar. Who knows?

I dunno... I'm not going to second guess Greg Williams and Joe Gibbs... especially when we haven't lost a game this year. I love Lavar, and PERSONALLY would like to see him play, but if the Coaches don't think he should be in there I'm smart enough to realize that I don't know one tenth of what they do about football.

All I have to say is now that this has become a very hot topic, more people will actually pay attention to Holdman's play throughout the game for themselves and see just how much better Lavar would be in there. I can't wait til this sunday and see how everyone feels if Holdman remains the starter and seeing first hand that he's an average back-up at best, nothing more.

yeah, we have a LINEBACKER controversy. :)

Man I'm glad most of you guys don't coach this team, you would think we are 0-3 with a last place defense.

Question for the folks that are clammoring for Lavar to get in there. What is our record without Lavar in our line up?

Ok, good.

Now don't you think this buys them a bit of time to work Lavar into their plans as they see fit? Why rush him back in. Holdman isn't doing a great job, he's doing a serviceable one. No one will dispute that, but the defense is playing well as a unit. Why disrupt the chemistry they have just to get a fan favorite player more individual stats?

He'll get in when the coach's see fit and not before. At 3-0 I'm pretty comfortable with that.

Agreed. Only this franchise would even have to go through this. Reading some of the comments from this thread makes me want to go f'ing throw up. Anybody that says we don't need Lavar on the field is a freaking idiot. Period.

I don't care if he freelances all over the field. He is supposed to "freelance" as the weak side LB anyway. Don't forget, he has yet to play his true position in the NFL yet. He was forced to play Strong side because he was far and beyond our best LB. Now that we have Marcus, Lavar is allowed to "freelance". I'll take a freelancing Lavar over the 5 tackles Holdmen has. I don't care what our defense is doing right now. It's not what it could be doing with Lavar playing.

:applause: EXACTLY!!!! :applause: I have no idea what everyone else is talkin' about!! Because if you listen to most of the fans oh here, you'd think that Holdman is playin' on a pro bowl level or is so dominating at the weak side LB position that we really don't need LaVar.....FINALLY, someone that get's it!! :applause:

I don't see how anyone could come to such a misguided warped conclusion unless they seriously disliked lavar from the start. You're nothing more then a hater buddy. You don't know squat.
Just a couple of years ago that guy was one of the best linebackers in the NFL how can you call him a punk ?

Archived