Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar WARNING!!/980 Recap (Merged)

Art

Lavar is on now. JT: What's going on over there? Lavar:What's on with Howie Long, let me hear it.

After they played the clip. Lavar then said, It sounds like a man is trying to come up with something to put on

his notepad so he can sound intelligent. He did not say that stuff, there is nothing he won't do on the football field.

He didn't say he wouldn't attend meetings. He said it was ludicrous that Howie said that. He just wants to get on the field.

He says he healthy and he's not hurt. He is tired of them using his health as an excuse not to play. He wants to be on the field.

He also says he's 100%. He doesn't want this to be a distraction he cares too much about his team. he is doing what is asked of him.

He's done everything they asked him too. Up downs and all the stuff he missed at camp.

He said Warrick Holdman has the job as starting OLB. He doesn't want to add to the confusion.

He basically said you damned if you do, damned if you don't address the situation(as for him not playing).

It's all rumors saying he's a free lancer and that he doesn't do what he wants to do. I just wanna play and be a part of

this team and be a part of a winner.

He is trying to figure out where he fits in. Lavar wishes Warrick Holdman well and it's not about LA and Warrick.

He's not going to stir it up so he gets playing time. If people want to talk bad about me, they can talk bad about me.

People who know me, know me and I'm not a problem on, off the field or in the locker room. JT: Well Said.

LA: I'm not going to play with a grudge

besides my normal playing grudge.

DOC;What is the package LA is in? LA, He is told not to give out what packages he plays in.

DOC: How did the game look and how did you teammates look. LA: Offense was impressive. Santana Unbelievable players.

OL is blocking there tails off. Mark looks like the Jaguars Brunell. Gave props to Royal, Cooley and others.

Proud of the win, sometimes that's how you have to win. never an easy week in the NFL.

LA says he just sits back and wait for his orders. He has never been asked to play Special Teams.

He won't comment either way on if his contract situation affects his playing time.

He says he does not communicate on whether he fits in on week by week in the game plan with the coaches.

JT has a lot of respect for the way Lavar is handling this. As far as not being angry, etc. JT said LA is setting a hell of

an example for kids.

JT said he saw many # 56 jerseys and LA said he loves it. He says every story has its up and downs. He just wishes he could

show the fans on the field. He said he loves his fans and the people that support him. He loves it when he is down and he

said we, his fans pick him up from his down times.

John Thompson is a babbling idiot......

he is running his trap about not painting Lavar with brush, or something.

HEY JOHN!!! Wake up from your stupor and read some quotes from Williams and Gibbs. They are painting the picture. Lavar is not in it right now. So Lavar is going to be sour. So what?

Thompson is an idiot, sorry. How one man could talk so much but say so little is beyond me.....

All I can do is laugh at this terrible comment. But, we are all entitled to our own opinions I guess. :doh:

Lavar said all that was BS about not going to meetings... .. he is fine with coach... Thompson is asking him everything that we want to know... He doesnt want all this to be distraction... there is no power struggle.. he will do anything the coaches ask from him... he looks at it as the situation where he is not a starter as of now... Holdman is starter... I do what is asked from me... I am not going to sit here and create controversy... I am more focussed on letting my fan know the truth... all are rumors... I will do what I can do... If they dont want me on the field then what can I do... I just want to play... I have dealt with so many coaches... Holdman is a solid ballplayer.. I wish him the best.. this is not a war... coach make the decision... I am not going to babble to get playing time... Lavar is not a problem on the field off the field... I am a Man... I will ready when they call me... I lost my job... as a man I admit it... lost my job after i got injured...

Package....

I have been told not the discuss about packages... I am a team player...

Team...

Arlington... we are 3-0... Moss and Clinton are incredible, O-line is doing great.. Brunell is healthy.. looks like old.. Betts, Jacobs, Cooley are great.. benefit from moss, santana, brunell playing well... we got key 1st downs... deffence unit was rested when they needed coz of all those 1st downs... Anytype of win is big win..

Q. Has anyone asked u to play special team?

Arrington: I take my orders.. I have not turned anything down...

Q. Anything due to contract?

Arrington: No comments.. ppl have their own opinion.

Q. Any dialogue btw u and coach?

Arrington: Apsolutely nothing on me not playing.. on that line.. I come to work and I do ... Not to sound arrogant... I have gone to 3 probowl with diff coaches.... no dialogue btw us... I dont ask him why I am not getting time... they are coaches they are leaders...they should communicate that with me...

Thompson: I think you are rite... I have lot of respect for you... you are a great player...

Arrington: I appreciate that..

Thompson: Where is my 56 Jersey?

Arrington: You were in Africa when I had it.... I will get you... I love my fans.. it just another hurdle and End of Story... Thanking his fans...

Thompson: no one is rite no one is wrong... it is just a situation.. I am looking for my Jersey...

I disagree with how he's handling it. No matter how many Pro Bowls you've been too you still need to prove yourself on the field, in practice, study habits, etc. Show the coaches that you want to contribute any way possible. Ask the coaches how you can contribute more to the team. Show them you're hungry.

There you have it - Lavar never refused to play or practice. Media is full of it again.

I recall the mediots saying Patrick Ramsey was going to press for a trade after game #1, too. Not only did it not happen, there has not been a peep out from Ramsey about getting out.

It was all the media trying to stir up a soap opera because they can't stand that the Redskins are 3-0. Even when the Redskins are undefeated they cannot say anything good about the Redskins.

Why should he go and basically beg to play? Freelance or not he's still a top linebacker. Way better than Warrick. If he feels he's earned the right to play, which IMO he's has. You dont ask, it should be understood.

It's not even about begging. LaVar is a player, it's not up to him to decide who does what. It's on the coaches to initiate those types of converstaion otherwise it's a terribly uncomfortable situation.

i believe the jist was lavar isnt asking the coaches about playing time. not that they dont communicate. just not on that subject or the subject of weekly planning. he believes the coaches should communicate that to him as leaders. if they dont then i guess its not worth communicating.

I disagree with how he's handling it. No matter how many Pro Bowls you've been too you still need to prove yourself on the field, in practice, study habits, etc. Show the coaches that you want to contribute any way possible. Ask the coaches how you can contribute more to the team. Show them you're hungry.

Dude he said that he is trying to prove it on the field, but doesn't want to ask them to play him. He wants them to tell him what to do.....in other words to do their jobs. There is nothing wrong with saying - I'm going to do whatever they tell me and do it as well as I can. Nothing at all wrong with that.

to me the most disconcerting things were the "if i'm not needed here maybe some other organization" comment. and the "no communication comment with coaches."

Boy o boy. i can understand this is killing him..he must be so pissed. But he's handling it very well. The important thing, like he said, is that this does not over shadow the team.

Schottenheimer was apparently able to get something out of him. He also expressed a lot admiration for him even after he left.

Hmm, where do I start?

First a holdout his rookie season for a luxury box for his homies.

Then he couldn't pick up Ray Rhodes system well enough to start.

Then he drew the ire of Marvin Lewis on many occasions for "not doing his job," forcing him to play DE because he "didn't get it" and couldn't be trusted.

Edwards didn't have anything bad to say about Arrington but that's probably because the inmates were running the asylum in 2003.

He's hurt last season and promptly throws the coaching staff under the bus for "rushing him back" when his quotes all during the season were complementary towards said staff for "bringing him along slowly."

I vaguely recall something about a contract grievance along the way that only took 2 years to resolve.

Now the team is bringing him along too slowly so he's crying about that. But he not only cries - he wavers between "as long as we're winning it's all good" and "I'm healthy and they are just lying to you fans about me."

All Arrington has done since he's been here is combine the occasional playmaking ability on the field with a whole $hitload of crying, whining, finger-pointing, blaming of owners, coaches, agents, bad luck, coaching changes, scheme changes, etc.

Maybe you should be explaining to me how exactly he DOES fit? :(

John Thompson is the biggest suck butt on the planet. Someone please tell me why the word "discrimination" HAS to pop up no matter what the topic. Un freakin real.
Because some people might feel as though LaVar is being discriminated against. The question is...why does the word bother you so much?

I feel very positive about Lavar after this. He is handling the situation well I believe. He could be a whiney femail dog about it but he nkows that if he goes that route he will get less playing time then he has now. I think Lavar is most def going to see the field in the upcoming weeks. If he is heathly there is so much more he can bring to the table then almost anybody else on D. Maybe they are just keeping him a secert until they really need him, hey it oculd be anything.

What's LaVar's fault?

That's there's no communication.

The coaching staff is going to put together game plans. If LaVar wants to be a part of that, HE needs to go to the coaching staff. All of those Pro Bowls are in the past. Everthing he has done for the franchise--before--is in the past. He needs to prove to this staff--now--that he wants to be a part of things. This is NOT the time to sit on your laurels. He's trying to make it a matter of "respect." But it should be a matter of "team." LaVar is engaging in passive-aggressive behavior by being so stand-offish, and it's not productive.

He's worried about sounding arrogant. But he's ACTING arrogant.

Destino,

Arrington's production is tremendous for a guy most consider to not yet have achieved all he can in the league. But, that's measurable production. We can not measure the errors he makes that seem to destroy us so frequently. I remember him at end in one game just getting exploited because he refused to hold his spot first, allowing gashing runs.

Washington not only produces at a high level for a strongside backer, but, he has never been obviously KNOWN to have failed to do his job to hurt the team. I hope Arrington gets back in because that measurable production is something else. I just hope if he does get back in the stuff we don't measure is no longer an issue.

Art,

Do you think the reason Lavar misses out on plays is that he's being ask by different coaches(5) to blitz more and pass rush because of his dominating abilities?

Lavar is a stud even on the sidelines because opposing teams know that he is caged up ready to unleash his furious furry on anybody in front of him!! :)

I want to see Lavar gel with his teammates so they can gain trust with each other.

It's early but I ain't particularly happy being ranked 17th in pass defense.

Let the stud play! :notworthy

I heard the whole thing and LaVar wants to be back on the field, he NEEDS to be back on the field....G.Williams is just not puttin' him out there!!! This need's to be addressed, because I think Williams is being a lil arrogant in how he's handlin' this....

There is no other team in the NFL that would bench a healthy LaVar Arrington!! NOT ONE!! This need's to be took care of, because he's giving his heart and soul to the skins!! He's been here through all the losing season's and STILL played his heart out!! I don't like this situation at all......and i'm starting to lose respect for Williams for being so arrogant and makin' it personal

I don't at all he has swallowed his pride and stood on the sideline cheered his teammates and said all the right things while the damn crowd yesterday was screaming ARR ING TON. This is not a mind game the coaches know what they have.

Totally Agrre

Why should he go and basically beg to play? Freelance or not he's still a top linebacker. Way better than Warrick. If he feels he's earned the right to play, which IMO he's has. You dont ask, it should be understood.

Right now he needs to do Like Joe T did back in the day. Do anything you can to get on the field. Get them to put him on the wing on punts anything. He starts making the hi-light reel that way and he'll be starting at LB in no time.

I don't at all he has swallowed his pride and stood on the sideline cheered his teammates and said all the right things while the damn crowd yesterday was screaming ARR ING TON. This is not a mind game the coaches know what they have.
No one has said that he hasn't done those things. What hasn't been done is initiating any dialog with the coaches.

i think he means no dialogue about playing time. he feels like it would be like hey lets talk as coaches. feels the coaches should approach him. if they dont feel its important communicate than he doesnt have to go to them about it.

If this is true, then that's his problem right there.

Archived