Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know we won but...

Yeah and im sure for every great run stop Lavar had, he would have been burned in coverage for a TD. Theres a reason he doesnt fit into this system as well. He isnt good enough to cover tight ends, Holdman and Washington are.

Look at the number of pass deflections in the stats next time before sticking your foot in your mouth.

Man, I think that we could have used him in there on that last drive. He's the modern version of Dexter, he can turn a game around just on athleticism... don't tell me a couple of vicious hits by 56 wouldn't have made a difference on that last drive. He's the type of guy who can raise his game up a couple of levels when he has to. The fact that coach didn't put him in is a very bad sign for everyone. They need to get it straight and find a way to play him.:smooch: Skins are 3-0... YES :redpunch:

Yea. I agree. I believe LaVar shuts them down even more on the run. I hate seeing two quality players on the sidelines such as Taylor and Arrington.

But if it is a pissing match with the Coach, Coach Williams wins.

Arrrrhhhh

I trust Williams knows what he is doing.

Lavar Arrington is the KEY to this defense.

Keep his ass on the bench, and we'll keep shutting opposing offenses down.

:applause:

Lavar is a PLAYMAKER he makes plays that TURN the game around. Forces fumbles, INTs, SACKS. Lavar gets into that backfield quick, if anything put him in on Blitzs hes getting through there. Or his presence will allow somebody else through there

The post game Comcast guys were mentioning some rumors about Lavar scoffing at participating in special teams, and perhaps alienating himself from the team. I'm hoping there's nothing to it, but something is not right in paradise. This much is certain.

Lavar is a PLAYMAKER he makes plays that TURN the game around. Forces fumbles, INTs, SACKS. Lavar gets into that backfield quick, if anything put him in on Blitzs hes getting through there. Or his presence will allow somebody else through there

The coaching staff asked him to play punt coverage and he balked at the idea. You you think he should be rewarded for this?

I read somewhere that gregg williams is leaving Lavar off the field to prove a point that he can win without him.. I do not believe it.

There HAS to be something going on behind the scenes for lavar to be off the field. I mean - look who our starting linebackers are - Holdman & Marhshall. You're flat-on telling me that Lavar isn't worlds better than these two? There just HAS to be more than meets the eye to this whole scenario.

Perhaps he hasn't regained his speed fully..

Perhaps his attitude isn't where it needs to be - i.e. that special teams thing you guys mentioned.

That said, I think Gregg Williams has earned our trust. I really cannot complain given the results we've had with a defensive team that has few stars....

I've also got to admit - I was beginning to ponder during the game what Lavar's trade value would look like at the end of the season. Remember at present we don't have a 1st round draft pick because of the Campbell move...

first Sean Taylor was hurt in the 4th...

about Lavar, listen to coach Williams:

He’s doing his part, and believe me, when he’s up to speed and he’s playing at that level, he’ll play as much as we can get him on the field
Do you think Greg is lying about this? Lavar isn't ready to be a factor yet.

Do some of you really think Greg Williams is benching Lavar for any other reason? Cmon now. Lavar is the most physically gifted Linebacker we have. One of the most physically talented in the whole league. Don't say things like he doesn't fit the scheme. Thats rediculous. If Greg can't make Lavar fit into the scheme then he's a bad coach. That's obviously not the case.

Lavar isn't ready, give it some time.

The coaching staff asked him to play punt coverage and he balked at the idea. You you think he should be rewarded for this?
A multimillion dollar player returning from 2 years of injury on kick coverage? Yeah I'd reward him for that, I like people willing to stand up for themselves in situations where they are 100% right.

lavar is a joke. He roams too much. He does not want to play DE. Forget about him

I agree totally...

Lavar hasn't done much for us in 2 years. We had a better overall rated D since he wasn't involved. And i don't see many late drive - long 3rd down situations with him BREAKING into no backfield... pfff... I mean... when did he last do that? Not for a long time. We are 3-0... with not many sacks, Int's, fumbles and 'Explosive' players who get burned 2-3 times a game by simple plays. Its about 'team play' and winning... NOT about imaginery probowl trips and going 6-10!!!

Get rid of him!

I agree totally...

Lavar hasn't done much for us in 2 years. We had a better overall rated D since he wasn't involved. And i don't see many late drive - long 3rd down situations with him BREAKING into no backfield... pfff... I mean... when did he last do that? Not for a long time. We are 3-0... with not many sacks, Int's, fumbles and 'Explosive' players who get burned 2-3 times a game by simple plays. Its about 'team play' and winning... NOT about imaginery probowl trips and going 6-10!!!

Get rid of him!

Posts like this make me think how dumb are these people :doh:

Yeah he really has played poorly for 2 years huh. :doh:

People are just really stupid. It's better to ignore people who hop on 'opinion bandwagons.' By that I mean, whatever seems to work in the moment, they jump on that as the correct position forever AND retroactively. Though the consistent posters may be off the mark on occasion, they are also more respectable and honorable because they have an actual reason(and somewhat logical) for their position and they hold it until it has been more conclusively disproven.

5 weeks from now, the same geniuses will be saying something different--whatever they perceive to either be working or the opinion of the staff.

A multimillion dollar player returning from 2 years of injury on kick coverage? Yeah I'd reward him for that, I like people willing to stand up for themselves in situations where they are 100% right.

Lavar balked at the idea and yet we see Washington, Taylor, Griffin and others from the starting defense on punt coverage yet Lavar thinks he's too good for that duty???

He also has a tendency to be a playmaker for the opposing Offenses with his freelancing. I trust the Coach's judgement on this one.

He also has a tendency to be a playmaker for the opposing Offenses with his freelancing. I trust the Coach's judgement on this one.

I agree. I trust what Williams has in mind for his defence and what personal he puts out there.

It is just speculation that Alexander would of not had those big runs if LaVar was in there. I have seen him miss tackles and over pursue before. I like how our defence is playing overall. Lets hope we can keep it up.

I love that accountability has returned to the Redskins. Three drives with three turnovers led to Ramsey's benching. You don't punt well you are off the team. You fumble returns and fail to produce. If you are a high draft pick you start only if you are ready and just because you are drafted doesn't mean you have a place on the team even though your elimination makes the front office look bad. Everyone is accountable. Lavar must be held accountable too. If they need him to be on teams, if they need him to be a designated rusher... than that is what he should do. No one is bigger than the team anymore. If you refuse you sit. Arrington has a great heart, but right now to me winning is much more important. He needs to be a part of the team. They don't trust him right now, my guess is that he is not showing them what the coaches need to see.

Archived