Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gregg Williams Chat -- CHAT TRANSCRIPT HERE (**AUDIO NOW ADDED**)

Art

It is encouraging to me that he seems to genuinely enjoy being on Coach Gibbs staff. It sounds like he believes the team is headed in the right direction, which is the biggest reason he's likely to stay. You can't tell me he doesn't sense the opportunity to win a Super Bowl or 2 and then take over as Head Coach of a SB winning team. It makes me giddy to think of Coach Gibbs legacy to this team if he pulls this off. And the Legacy could continue with his prodigy.

WOW, you guys did AN exceptional job with this one,

GREAT CHAT--probably the best.

The Portis qoute, the Busch league remark from the Washington Post writer, and whether or not Greg Williams is staying with the Redskins, were some of things I was concerned about; you guys covered everything I was thinking about asking.

2 of the best things I got out of this chat.

1- Gregg Williams is here for the long haul!

2- He wants Lavar on the field as much as possible!

I guess the media should just ask him what his future holds. They, the media, are always assuming that he is going to leave for a head coaching job because that is the story here in Washington. Coaches come and coaches go. At least we know now that he is here for the long haul.

Also I don't think we as Lavar fans have to worry anymore about Lavar not fitting in with the coaching staff. Coach made it sound like he is still recovering and learning to play in the system and once he gets there we will see him a lot more.

I have a good feeling that Greg Williams will be the next coach of the Washington Redskins when Gibbs decides to step down.

Yeah the fans flaunt how much they love the team, with this awesome access to (it seams) whomever we (as fans) want the team/franchise are showing it goes both ways. Pin a post with links for now then maybe some time down the line have a seperate forum with all the posts in date order of when they happened instead of last post. You know you're gonna want to look back at these interviews for years to come....

(Something like the Press Box but with these threads in 'cos I like reading the hero worship responses too :silly: )

We've already got such a forum.

www.extremeskins.com/portal

It's in our Extremeskins Archive section under ExtremeSkins Chats.

Actually, I was thinking something more along the lines of page/post type of thing-a-ma-bob where not only this chat, but the audio interview we got at Mini Camp would be archived. Along with direct links to the video interviews from Redskins.comTV. Think of it as One Stop Shopping. ;) Perhaps something like the ES at ___________ Game Coverage posts where there's a post with all the links right there.

I know different ones have expressed or implied their "man-crushes" on the likes of McCune, Taylor, Portis, Ramsey, Jimoh, etc....but I think we ALL can agree that we LOVE Gregg Williams. He and Joe G. (as well as the rest of the staff) really seem to work well together. They are LARGE and IN CHARGE! I could not help but get excited over every response from GW. Thanks, Artist and the rest of the ES Staff for putting this together.

Okay, maybe no one has a crush on Jimoh. :D

Excellent, excellent interview. I'm breathing a bit easier now that I've heard it from the horses mouth so to speak about his desire to stay where he is comfortable. I think the best interview to date, he certainly doesn't hold anything back. What strikes me is he is so intelligent but yet so willing to listen and take from any and every source including players and his staff. Really interesting take about play to play adjustments too. I need to read this a few more times since it's almost too much to comprehend at once.

Is it just me or do all you feel good about the future of the Redskins after the chat with GW? Although I think a lot of us get frustrated with our lack of ability to score points or cause turnovers creating good field position for our offence, we all have to admit the team has came a long ways sense Gibbs came back and when you really think about it we are only about 2 plays per game away from a Super Bowl team. One more forced turnover by our D = one more TD for our Offence and 1 less TD for our opponent. Or am I just being a Homor?

I'd like the audio as well.

Job well done Art. Thank you all for the time you put in to bring us these chats. This one was the best, by a mile!

Thanks. It's a real thrill and honor to be able to get time with everyone like this. It's hard because the schedule isn't as fixed as you'd like with the season as it is. But, it's a great deal of fun. The staff here really steps up big to get this done in a hurry when the chats are done off hours like this.

Trust me when I say there's a whole lot more time devoted to this thing post-merger than we thought for all of the staff, but, it's been worth it. We hope to keep making it better. As for these chats, you guys need to keep asking sharp questions. This was the best chat for really good questions.

Art.

Archived