Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dissappointed in Gibbs

footballhenry

Let me start by saying that Gibbs is THE man. I believe most of us believe this, and believe he WILL turn this team around. That said Gibbs 'word' has suffered this week. Forget all the spin, all the behind the scenes mumbo jumbo, Gibbs said time and time again that Ramsey is THE starter that this is HIS team. Then he takes the reigns and he cuts them out from under him. If this had happened later in the season, or had Ramsey put together some horrible drives or games then I would understand perhaps. But to bench Ramsey after ONE freakin half of football after he got injured is just plain wrong. Hes been working with the starting unit the ENTIRE offseason, working hard at improving his game. He played stellar as a STARTER last year. This is a bad move, and a wrong move by Gibbs. Im beyond dissappointed. Im callin it like I see it folks, period.

Why do all of you Ramsey lovers fail to see the play last season, or the horrid play in preseason as "One Half of Football" decision?

Answer that?

Chubaka, seriously. The preseason IS important but all that matters is how you play IN the season. Everyone knows this. As for last season, as I stated, Ramsey played just fine as a starter last year. There was a clean slate come sunday for the team. Ramsey played 'okay' in that first half but was yanked and now riding pine AGAIN. THe man has NOT been given a fair shot at all, this WAS his fair shot (remember people?). You seriously beleive that him playing one half of the opener is enough time for him to prove himself, that was his chance? Give me a break...

Chubakah, seriously. The preseason IS important but all that matters is how you play IN the season. Everyone knows this. As for last season, as I stated, Ramsey played just fine as a starter last year. There was a clean slate come sunday for the team. Ramsey played 'okay' in that first half but was yanked and now riding pine AGAIN. THe man has NOT been given a fair shot at all, this WAS his fair shot (remember people?). You seriously beleive that him playing one half of the opener is enough time for him to prove himself, that was his chance? Give me a break...

I'm glad that for you to win 3 games and lose 4 is by quoting you, "Just Fine".

Some of us would like to think that 3 for 7 is "Not That Good"

I'd like to think that the Redskins, and Joe Gibbs are in it to win it.

Joe is a proven winner.

The only thing Ramsey has proven, is that he can be consistently, inconsistent.

Maybe that’s good enough for you, but some of us remember what it’s like to win, and want to do so again.

Let me start by saying that Gibbs is THE man. I believe most of us believe this, and believe he WILL turn this team around. That said Gibbs 'word' has suffered this week. Forget all the spin, all the behind the scenes mumbo jumbo, Gibbs said time and time again that Ramsey is THE starter that this is HIS team. Then he takes the reigns and he cuts them out from under him. If this had happened later in the season, or had Ramsey put together some horrible drives or games then I would understand perhaps. But to bench Ramsey after ONE freakin half of football after he got injured is just plain wrong. Hes been working with the starting unit the ENTIRE offseason, working hard at improving his game. He played stellar as a STARTER last year. This is a bad move, and a wrong move by Gibbs. Im beyond dissappointed. Im callin it like I see it folks, period.

It was his team... how long do you have to wait to see a lil improvement. Jeez he has'nt shown any. Kudos to Gibbs for having the stones to make the move.

Why do all of you Ramsey lovers fail to see the play last season, or the horrid play in preseason as "One Half of Football" decision?

Answer that?

Seriously, preseason means nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It is nothing more than practice. We tried things out like passing long a lot for example just to see how Ramsey would do. According to Doc Walker and other Gibbs Redskins from the past we did not run most of the plays that we would run in the regular season. Also, Portis was not in the game for the bulk of the time, etc, etc, etc.. The bottom line is that it is not fully represenative of how Ramsey would have performed in the regular season.

Also, in 2004 PR did decent compared to his peers (Carr, Harrington) he completed 62.1 percent of his passes, for 1665 with 10 TDs and 11 Ints. His rating was 74.8.

In his 8 starts he had 9 TDs and 8 Ints.

The difference being that Carr and Harrington have had the support of their coaches and have been the declared starters for a few seasons now. The Texans and Lions have not given up the kitchen sink in terms of draft choices for a 1st round QB nor have they traded for and overpaid for a veteran QB who was very obviously coming in to be the starter.

How some of you don't see this is incredible to me.

When you play against the eagles twice, and Pittsburgh, and are competetive in all 3 games, then I would agree with poster, and say that's fine...especially for a first year system.

In case ya hadn't heard, this is the NFL.

This means win against who you play. Our defense kept it close in all those games, it's the offense who came up short.

Also don't forget the game we "Could" have won where Ramsey threw into triple coverage.

It's that kind of thing Ramsey is more known for, at least by me, and the rest of the NFL that wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Drives that get you 0 points and end in turnovers are horrible. Hard to get worse.

Patrick has been working with the starting unit all off-season with a new QB coach, a better O-Line, faster receivers and a an improved running game. All of this and he has shown no progression this pre-season or against Chicago.

I ignored much of this before because I wanted to believe that Pat would finally see his potential.

Pat had his chance. It was an un-fair and small chance but it was a last chance. If he had played better against Chicago before he went out then he'd still be the starter.

Guest skin by grace

I dont believe this can be measured in games played..coach had the end of last season the off-season and the pre-season to loose confidence in Ramsey

Archived