Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dissappointed in Gibbs

footballhenry

Do people forget last season? Seriously guys. Gibbs picked Brunell to come to D.C. THATS why hes so adamant on having him start. Brunell was easily one of the worst QB's (if not THE worst) in the league last year, Ramsey played MUCH better and I specifically remember all the threads devoted to Ramsey being the starter this season. Gibbs went back on his word because he doesn't like Ramsey. Its so blatantly obvious considering how long it took Brunell to get benched compared to Ramsey this year. Why not just let Ramsey have a shot like Brunell did last year?? Brunell played horrible for a bout 9 games last year before he got benched, Ramsey played one bad half of football (not even one half) and was benched. Come on guys, open up your eyes. Bottomline, it doesnt matter how bad Brunell has been or will be, that fat contract he has is because of Gibbs. And thats a huge part of why hes starting.
we all remember last season. So does our coaching staff. Were hoping that Brunell is healthier and better this year. He did look better in pre-season.

Ramsey did play better last year. We all supported him because we wanted him to improve and reach his potential. He hasn't improved and continues to make the same mistakes. (turnovers and inability to avoid the pass rush). All this after a whole off-season with a new QB coach as the #1. You'd think he'd show some improvement. I ignored all of this before because I still believed that Ramsey would reach his potential. I supported Ramsey and ignored that Brunell looked better.

Your saying Gibbs doesn't like Ramsey like its a popularity contest. Its not that Gibbs doesn't like Patrick. Its that Gibbs doesn't like Patrick as the starter.

There is a reason why Brunell got 9 games last year and Ramsey only got a little window this year. Brunell is getting the benefit of the doubt because Gibbs thinks he's the better QB. The fact he was so hesitent to put Ramsey in there last year says something. The fact that Ramsey only lasted 1 half says something.

Ramsey had his one last chance to start. He didn't cut it. It might seem like an incredibly unfair and small chance but it was his last shot before our coaching staff felt its time to go with Brunell. If Ramsey had played well before he got hurt, then he would've been back in there after half time. He didn't play well and that was his chance.

we all remember last season. So does our coaching staff. Were hoping that Brunell is healthier and better this year. He did look better in pre-season.

Ramsey did play better last year. We all supported him because we wanted him to improve and reach his potential. He hasn't improved and continues to make the same mistakes. (turnovers and inability to avoid the pass rush). All this after a whole off-season with a new QB coach as the #1. You'd think he'd show some improvement. I ignored all of this before because I still believed that Ramsey would reach his potential. I supported Ramsey and ignored that Brunell looked better.

Your saying Gibbs doesn't like Ramsey like its a popularity contest. Its not that Gibbs doesn't like Patrick. Its that Gibbs doesn't like Patrick as the starter.

There is a reason why Brunell got 9 games last year and Ramsey only got a little window this year. Brunell is getting the benefit of the doubt because Gibbs thinks he's the better QB. The fact he was so hesitent to put Ramsey in there last year says something. The fact that Ramsey only lasted 1 half says something.

Ramsey had his one last chance to start. He didn't cut it. It might seem like an incredibly unfair and small chance but it was his last shot before our coaching staff felt its time to go with Brunell. If Ramsey had played well before he got hurt, then he would've been back in there after half time. He didn't play well and that was his chance.

I will give you 1 thats(1)thing. During preseason Brunell looked better than last year. All kidding aside though, after Brunell came in I saw glimmers that reminded me of last year. If you were paying attention you know the plays of which i speak. You better PRAY and I mean it PRAY that this isnt a begining to a repeat of the first 9 games of last year.

I cant find any reason to be disapointed in Gibbs...i have to much respect for the guy and what he has done for our organization...

My dissappointment in Gibbs right now does not bear any loss of respect. I respect the hell out of the man, far beyond measure. However, even with the multitude of respect I have for him I am very dissappointed in his decision-making processes both last season and now this season, mostly regarding the QB position. If Ramsey had started from Day One last year we truly might be one of the best teams in the NFC right now. This season was supposed to be Ramsey's chance to prove himself but Gibbs wont even give him the chance. Brunell has been given chance after chance here in D.C. Its wrong, no other way to look at it.

riiiiight, cause no sane man would have thought that this would have been mashed out to death by now and that it would be imperative to make sure a thread was started about it. Come on dude, be honest you couldnt think of a good thread but desperately wanted attention so you went with what was the biggest controversy in the news and were too stupid to think that it had been discussed to death already. just admit it.

riiiiight, cause no sane man would have thought that this would have been mashed out to death by now and that it would be imperative to make sure a thread was started about it. Come on dude, be honest you couldnt think of a good thread but desperately wanted attention so you went with what was the biggest controversy in the news and were too stupid to think that it had been discussed to death already. just admit it.

Bingo!

WTF? Get off my jock, its a MESSAGEBOARD!!

Why doesn’t anyone point out that in Ramsey's first series Patten ran the wrong route and that’s what caused the interception, and in the 3rd series Jansen and his one good thumb screwed up his block and took the outside blitzer instead of the inside and on top of that a border line illegal close-line was what caused the fumble.

Archived