Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dissappointed in Gibbs

footballhenry

The difference being that Carr and Harrington have had the support of their coaches and have been the declared starters for a few seasons now. The Texans and Lions have not given up the kitchen sink in terms of draft choices for a 1st round QB nor have they traded for and overpaid for a veteran QB who was very obviously coming in to be the starter.

How some of you don't see this is incredible to me.

Why do you think the Lions signed Jeff Garcia?

Joe Gibbs is a liar. How can you bench a quarterback after 3 series when you allow a quarterback last year who should have been benched after the first 3 games stay until the 9th game. Joe Gibbs is not the Gibbs I remember.

Dude, you are three days late. Didn't you know that Extremeskins is coming to the Seattle game with torches and swords to rush the stadium and take it over. We are holding Campbell hostage until he puts Ramsey back in.

Yea, go look the thread up and sign in. We are providing the fuel and helmets.

EXTREMESKINS NEEDS YOU!! :poke:

We aren't called extreme for nothing........

The message to me, as a fan, was Gibbs will not tolerate turnovers. Ramsey had too many in the preseason, and maybe Gibbs should have played Brunell with the starters a bit then, but honestly... two fumbles and one INT in a little over one quarter of play.. yes, I've heard about the poor route running and I know the hit was illegal.. but when do we stop making excuses for Ramsey and start understanding he's a gunslinger on a team where they want a manager? He may return, I'd like to see it. I like his arm, but I think Gibbs runs the show and wants to put fear into these players they might be next. They must hold each other accountable. I saw Portis fumble, but into his own arms.. he slammed the ball in his hands. You can bet he won't fumble as much as he did last season and if he does, Betts will certainly get a lot more playing time....

Joe Gibbs is a liar. How can you bench a quarterback after 3 series when you allow a quarterback last year who should have been benched after the first 3 games stay until the 9th game. Joe Gibbs is not the Gibbs I remember.

That's nine.

Fuel? Hell where do I sign up, hey everyone, Portis is giving away free fuel!!! :yikes:

:laugh:

Yea dude, during the season I bring the bull**** that I normally spew at tailgate over to the Stadium. My act has not gotten old over here yet. And when the season is over Tailgate will almost forget about old p.sizzle.... :doh: :laugh:

Here's the funny part, We are all right!!! Did Ramsey deserve more time, Yes. Was Joe Gibbs true to his word, Yes (He said do not turn the ball over!! Or you lose your job) Is Brunell the answer, probably not but if he doesn't turn the ball over then he gives the skins a better chance to win, Thus proving Joe Gibbs right in making him the starter. Does last season matter, NO its over done with. All I want to see is the Skins have a winning season No matter who plays QB. Gibbs has always gotten it done in the past and the truth is we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Ummm, to hold a clipboard and be a backup QB?

There is no way that Garcia was going to take the starting QB spot from Harrington after last year's performance from both QBs.

Come on.

Dude....are you serious? Garcia (at the time) was leaps and bounds above Harrington. You have to consider the team Garcia was on as well. If you put Harrington in charge of last year's Browns and they are 0-16. I drafted Garcia with the knowledge that he'd take over by week 4 or 5. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore...so Harrington will be stinking it up all season.

All I have to say is Ramsey stunk in the preseason, last year and the year before. Ramsey fans get over it you knew he was history when we drafted Campbell. He made a couple of good throws but he stinks. It's funny are the fans of Ramsey mad because they like him or because Brunell is the man again? Jason Campbell is our future get use to it because he will be the starter next year.

Why get mad at our HOF Coach over a qb that simply couldn't get the job done. When they called back the touchdown to Cooley I told my friends watch him throw a interception (he didn't he fumbled) You dog Champ Bailey who at least made plays and back Ramsey?? He has had too many chances to win the job and he cant do it. He deserved to get fired just like Antonio Brown.

I don't think that it's about "Brunell being better than Ramsey in Gibbs eyes", or anything like that.

It's about turnovers, and where they come from. If Brunell was the starter, and had as many turnovers, I believe that he would be benched for Ramsey.

Gibbs is trying to break some deep-seated bad habits with this ENTIRE organization. That is a HUGE job. His goal is to get them back to respectabilility, and he may have to do some unpopular things to get it done. The persons who are presently unhappy need to be focused on the "destination", and not the "road traveled". When the Redskins become winners again (and they WILL under Coach Gibbs), those who are unhappy now will gladly say that they'd go through the rough spots all over again to get where Coach Gibbs wants to bring us to.

When a chef makes you an omelet, he's gotta break the eggs. You don't rush in and say "What a horrible chef you are for breaking those eggs!"; you let him FINISH what he's doing before you evaluate the FINISHED product.

Coach Gibbs isn't finished, folks. You'll know when he is - we'll be back in the Super Bowl. THAT's when we should evaluate; all of us will be more than happy to have the results. Trust that he KNOWS the recipe.

Save your judgement for then, realize that we're still cooking this dish, and PLEASE let's refrain from defaming the man's character - none of US are saints, either.

Seriously, about Gibbs, TRUST HIM!!! This man is a winner, don't let your impatience get you down. He gave the job to Ramsey, but Brunell was better, it is really as simple as that. Gibbs will put the best player on the field to win. Hell, I'd like to see Ramsey out there, but Gibbs knows a hell of a lot more about football then anyone in here, so TRUST HIM. It really isn't that hard. He'll start to crank out some wins, even if they lose to Dallas, they are coming back, playoffs or bust this year..

Dude....are you serious? Garcia (at the time) was leaps and bounds above Harrington. You have to consider the team Garcia was on as well. If you put Harrington in charge of last year's Browns and they are 0-16. I drafted Garcia with the knowledge that he'd take over by week 4 or 5. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore...so Harrington will be stinking it up all season.

Hmmm Just like he stunk it up the first game of the season? The kid was lights out.

Hmmm Just like he stunk it up the first game of the season? The kid was lights out.

Lights out?? Dude...he was 15/28 for 167 yards and 2 TDs. That's a 53% completion percentage if you're keeping track, and an 11.1 yards per completion rating. Hardly lights out.

Oh, by the way, Brunell LAST YEAR was 25/44 for 218 yards, 2 TDs and 2 picks against Green Bay (should have been 3 TDs). That's a 56% completion percentage.

Do people forget last season? Seriously guys. Gibbs picked Brunell to come to D.C. THATS why hes so adamant on having him start. Brunell was easily one of the worst QB's (if not THE worst) in the league last year, Ramsey played MUCH better and I specifically remember all the threads devoted to Ramsey being the starter this season. Gibbs went back on his word because he doesn't like Ramsey. Its so blatantly obvious considering how long it took Brunell to get benched compared to Ramsey this year. Why not just let Ramsey have a shot like Brunell did last year?? Brunell played horrible for a bout 9 games last year before he got benched, Ramsey played one bad half of football (not even one half) and was benched. Come on guys, open up your eyes. Bottomline, it doesnt matter how bad Brunell has been or will be, that fat contract he has is because of Gibbs. And thats a huge part of why hes starting.

Chubaka, seriously. The preseason IS important but all that matters is how you play IN the season. Everyone knows this. As for last season, as I stated, Ramsey played just fine as a starter last year. There was a clean slate come sunday for the team. Ramsey played 'okay' in that first half but was yanked and now riding pine AGAIN. THe man has NOT been given a fair shot at all, this WAS his fair shot (remember people?). You seriously beleive that him playing one half of the opener is enough time for him to prove himself, that was his chance? Give me a break...

I'm sorry, I disagree completly. Please tell me why this QB with 4 outta 5 (include the pre-season) games just have to throw an INT to "get it going"? Carolina, INT on the first throw. Cinci, INT before we got ours to score. Pittsburgh, INT in the first quarter returned for a TD. Chicago, INT in the first series!!! This is not how a NFL QB should be playing. By not giving our opponents the chance the score before we do. Especially on a turnover.

Archived