Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Isn't the REAL problem that Ramsey is still one hit on Brunell away from being back?

Eparadox

Who should start at QB  

1. 1. Who should start at QB

• Scott Brunell
    • Mark Brunell
    • Dave Burnell
    • Pat Ramsey
    • Mark Ramsey
    • Mark Ramsey
    • Jason Campell
    • Jason Cambell
    • JimJoeBob Campell
    • Rich Gannon

Not that I'm either for against this move (I always support Joe, even if his moves seem questionable)...but does anyone really believe that Brunell can get through a season 100% healthy? I really don't see this happening...he's as likely as to get hurt getting tackled/sacked, as he is tweaking a hamstring, or shoulder.

I mean seriously, considering what is going through Ramsey's mind right now, I am almost more nervous of him coming off the bench with all this emotion running through him.

If Brunell gets hurt, and Ramsey has to come in, what kind of mindset does he have? Does he STILL want to go out and show Gibbs he should be the starter, does he just not give a sh!t anymore, figuring he will be on a different team in 2006? Will he even be level-headed enough to go play well, especially if we are behind in the game?

This is going to be interesting.......

:2cents:

Not that I'm either for against this move (I always support Joe, even if his moves seem questionable)...but does anyone really believe that Brunell can get through a season 100% healthy? I really don't see this happening...he's as likely as to get hurt getting tackled/sacked, as he is tweaking a hamstring, or shoulder.

I think it will be a problem. I don't trust he can hold up from week to week judging by last season. I thought about this before, and health was perhaps the biggest reason I was glad Ramsey was starting. I think we'll see Ramsey again.

Are we even sure that Ramsey is the #2 QB on the roster right now? I mean, the Post article indicates Gibbs said that he wants Patrick to be the backup, but he also was saying since last year that Patrick was the starter. I wouldn't be surprised to see #17 come in if Brunell goes down, regardless of what part of the season we're in.

If he is worth his salt. He would come off of the bench and play to the best of his ability. If he would come out dogging it, which would confirm he needed to be benched, he would be doing the biggest disservice to himself not to Gibbs or even his teammates.

I think Pat will actually play better. A guy at CPND, WmCt111, made an observation that Spurrier would often say something to peeve him on the sidelines and he'd go out and light it up.

Maybe this can act as that kind of motivation--thing is, Gibbs does not permit 'gunslinging' anymore, so I guess he'd not do well enough to impress anyway.

Yeah, he needs to seriously chill out and get over it

If you play good, you start, if you don't well, you sit

Yea, obviously Brunell's league worst QB Rating, Efficiency and YPA/YPC proved last year that Gibbs' will reward you if you play well, and bench you if you don't. Oh, wait...

We wouldn't want his mindset disturbed, he might throw an INT or something....

Forget fragile mindsets, Mark Brunell had more job security than the Pope last year, and all that peace of mind still equated to one of the worst QB performances in the history of the National Football League.

If Brunell goes down to injury, it'll only improve our chances of winning this season. I'm not wishing injury upon him, just being honest.

You dont have to wish injury on him (which is a bad thing). Lots of team going through QB's injury, and Mark is not a spring chicken anymore. This is a more realistic situation than we think. Hopefully, Gibbs takes this into consideration.

Forget fragile mindsets, Mark Brunell had more job security than the Pope last year, and all that peace of mind still equated to one of the worst QB performances in the history of the National Football League.

For the record I'm not a huge Brunnell supporter, but Ramsey is far from sliced bread either. IMO we're bickering and merging threads over which steaming pile smells better.

I have serious doubts that Brunell can go through a full season without getting injured. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

If Ramsey has to come in he will give 110% He will be looking for a new contract next year and already he's squandered his starting status and had a mediocre pre-season.

The real bad thing about this is on Sunday Brunnel showed that he was not any better than he was last year. And if that is the case the following will occur: The Skins will lose multiple games due to Brunnel, they will be knocked out of contention early, Gibbs reputation really will take a huge hit. Unless traded, I expect Ramsey will be starting again by week nine or ten in a repeat of the 2004 season. If he is traded Campbell will get experience late in the season. Bottomline I think this is a horrible but expected move. I do not understand Gibbs commitment to Brunnel.

I am all for a thumb injury. Nothing too alarming, just something to keep him sidelined for a month....or more.

I have the most sickening feeling about this move. I think Mark is going to get intercepted in the Dallas game, twice in fact. I really think Dallas is going to get to him easily, and I don't know why.

Yeah, he needs to seriously chill out and get over it

If you play good, you start, if you don't well, you sit

Not exactly true. That statement would have been true if the 'Skins hadn't moved up to get Campbell. Even if Ramsey played well, in all likelihood, he would have just been keeping the seat warm for Campbell. Ramsey, regardless of how he played, did not have a future in Washington after the Campbell pick.

If Brunell goes down to injury, it'll only improve our chances of winning this season. I'm not wishing injury upon him, just being honest.

our best chance agains the cowgirls is for MB to get hit hard and PR is back in and this will happen u will all see i feel bad for the kid he has been a punching bag ever since hes been here he is by far the toughts Qb we got.

Gibbs what happend to your word ????????????

Archived