Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Cambell

redskin48

:logo:

A big and mobile QB has not won the SBowl in Eons I think. And when SYoung won it, he was basically situated as a pocket passer. JCampbell has a LOT to learn, and seeing how he saw NOTHING as far as true defenses used in a season, he's at least 1-2 years away. Yes he's big, he's mobile, he throws BBs, but the question will be if he has accumulated the NFL smarts... BENR was a freak last year. JC will "get it", but it usually takes time.

FS :dallasuck

A big and mobile QB has not won the SBowl in Eons I think. And when SYoung won it, he was basically situated as a pocket passer. JCampbell has a LOT to learn, and seeing how he saw NOTHING as far as true defenses used in a season, he's at least 1-2 years away. Yes he's big, he's mobile, he throws BBs, but the question will be if he has accumulated the NFL smarts... BENR was a freak last year. JC will "get it", but it usually takes time.

FS :dallasuck

Elway was pretty mobile. But I think that is overrated anyways, McNugget was 3 points from winning the bowl last year.

If we're starting brunell on monday night, we might as well start campbell because the season is over. Despite his impressive display in the preseason, I quickly lost confidence in brunell to lead a professional offense over the course of the game against a first string defense. We need ramsey starting against dallas, or they will probably blow us out.

He should start when he is ready and when Joe Gibbs is confident that he is ready. When he can read through his progressions, not get flustered, and not turn the ball over. Right now the only QB that can do that is Brunell despite his lack of flash. All we need is a Trent Dilfer-esque performance out of our QB this year, and we can win a lot of games.

I no way shape or form is he ready for the NFL. For all the Orten bashing going on last week that kid looks ready to play. Big Ben was ready his rookie year. Eli looks pretty good . But for some reason the Skins have no luck drafting QBs.

Just be patient. I have watched JC alot over the last 4 years. I was surprised that you guys went after him so early, prob would have been there in the second round but that's a different story. JC is a very good qb. He will win a lot of games for you guys, i just hope not in Dallas :) I would give your starters to the half way point to show they can be effective. If the season is a bust by then, i say start JC. He will need the reps at the real speed of the NFL. If your QB play picks up, let him learn from the side lines this year, get rid of one of the others during the offseason and let JC move to 2 on the chart and get some reps and playing time next year. He will be ready by year 3 to take over and do one hellva job for you guys. I am going to hate playing you guys when he is though.

Just be patient. I have watched JC alot over the last 4 years. I was surprised that you guys went after him so early, prob would have been there in the second round but that's a different story. JC is a very good qb. He will win a lot of games for you guys, i just hope not in Dallas :) I would give your starters to the half way point to show they can be effective. If the season is a bust by then, i say start JC. He will need the reps at the real speed of the NFL. If your QB play picks up, let him learn from the side lines this year, get rid of one of the others during the offseason and let JC move to 2 on the chart and get some reps and playing time next year. He will be ready by year 3 to take over and do one hellva job for you guys. I am going to hate playing you guys when he is though.

I can't believe it.. I'm agreeing with a a Cowboys fan :laugh: - to a degree. He knows HOW to win & in 2-3 years, he will have had the privilege of being coached by the great Joe Gibbs throughout his pro. career, unlike Ramsey & Brunell. Ramsey's had an assortment of coaches & coordinators telling him what to do. He's probably at a point where he's like, "it's my neck (literally) on the line, so I'll figure it out myself". Campbell will be well-groomed & home-grown by Gibbs. He's definitely the QB of the future, but not this season IMHO.

BTW,:dallasuck

Archived