Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Cambell

redskin48

I can't believe it.. I'm agreeing with a a Cowboys fan :laugh: - to a degree. He knows HOW to win & in 2-3 years, he will have had the privilege of being coached by the great Joe Gibbs throughout his pro. career, unlike Ramsey & Brunell. Ramsey's had an assortment of coaches & coordinators telling him what to do. He's probably at a point where he's like, "it's my neck (literally) on the line, so I'll figure it out myself". Campbell will be well-groomed & home-grown by Gibbs. He's definitely the QB of the future, but not this season IMHO.

BTW,:dallasuck

I know it must be hard to agree with a cowboy's fan,, but its ok to be right every now and then :)

If we're starting brunell on monday night, we might as well start campbell because the season is over. Despite his impressive display in the preseason, I quickly lost confidence in brunell to lead a professional offense over the course of the game against a first string defense. We need ramsey starting against dallas, or they will probably blow us out.

I'm sorry but this is just the most ridiculous post I've read today.

Congrads.........you win the award.

Amazing how "true fans" such as this one are ready to pack up camp going into week two 1-0 because of the notion that Brunnel will start. I realize he's probably trying to make a point and may not mean that literally, but get real. Win or lose that game, regardless of who's under center isn't reason enough to go build an ark, or to start shielding the women and children. Stop being so melodramatic.

All things considered...........whether Ramsey or Brunnel is starting isn't even important anymore. They both suck at times, and both show signs of promise at times. It's only a question of who will screw up less, not IF one or the other will screw up. Give it a rest.

Campbell COULD start as early as next year, but ideally will have had another full season to learn the offense and develop, making him a force to be reckoned with in '07.

Until then, we'll have to deal with the hand that's dealt..........barring the acquisition of a vet, bonnafide game tested free agent.

What's all this '07 talk? No way Campbell has to wait that long...are we watching the same games? Campbell played well his last preseason game. He had some turnovers but came right back for touchdowns. Yes, that's right, touchdowns. Yea it was against scrubs but he is suppose to dominate scrubs. Poise and confident. Put Campbell in with the first team.

Have you all been watching Campbell's interviews...in every interview he has said he is going to stay ready. Does that sound like someone told him he won't play this year?

Stay ready Campbell...your time is coming soon. Stay Ready.

I'm sorry but this is just the most ridiculous post I've read today.

Congrads.........you win the award.

Amazing how "true fans" such as this one are ready to pack up camp going into week two 1-0 because of the notion that Brunnel will start. I realize he's probably trying to make a point and may not mean that literally, but get real. Win or lose that game, regardless of who's under center isn't reason enough to go build an ark, or to start shielding the women and children. Stop being so melodramatic.

All things considered...........whether Ramsey or Brunnel is starting isn't even important anymore. They both suck at times, and both show signs of promise at times. It's only a question of who will screw up less, not IF one or the other will screw up. Give it a rest.

Campbell COULD start as early as next year, but ideally will have had another full season to learn the offense and develop, making him a force to be reckoned with in '07.

Until then, we'll have to deal with the hand that's dealt..........barring the acquisition of a vet, bonnafide game tested free agent.

Dont be scared if you think gibbs knows something about QB's.... well he picked him and gave a lot up to do so. And you cant tell me that Jason playing is going to what make him worse? No he will get better and better and I dont think it would be writing the season off. What good is knowing the "O" if you cant get the ball there? JC would change the entire look of our "O".

What I said was he'd be a viable option by '06, but would be fully developed (in terms of learning the offense in theory) and be much more dangerous in '07. Personally, I'd like his development to begin soon. Very soon. Neither Brunnel nor Ramsey are long term QB's for us.........and as much as I like Ramsey as a person and wish him success, I just don't see it happening. Neither does Gibbs, he just won't say it. (Sorry Ramsey lovers!) Oh and by the way, I sincerely think the "Ramsey lovers" are so vocal and defensive, is because they sense that too.

If this year becomes the Brunnel vs. Ramsey experiment, I'm willing to sacrifice the entire season, stick Campbell in there, let him develop (and get the snot beat out of him), and start off next season without the QB drama.

Having said that, I'm not there yet this year, and I'm not sure I'd get there. Check back with me in week 5 or 6.

Dont be scared if you think gibbs knows something about QB's.... well he picked him and gave a lot up to do so. And you cant tell me that Jason playing is going to what make him worse? No he will get better and better and I dont think it would be writing the season off. What good is knowing the "O" if you cant get the ball there? JC would change the entire look of our "O".

Umm...........I'm not scared of that, or anything else for that matter. I, in fact, COUNT on the fact that Gibbs knows more than I do. If there's a God in Heaven, then that much is true!

Ok........I'll rephrase for those who didn't get what my post inferred. By starting Campbell, what you've done in theory is say that our season is overwith, not because Campbell doesn't have skills, not because he's not talented and could make things happen out there, but because he's a rookie, and he'll do rookie things, and we will lose because of them. It's not indicitive of him not being a good player. What rookie has had a truly positive immediate impact on his team excluding Rothlisberger? Marino? How often does a rookie QB differencemaker come along? Rothlisberger was a phenom last year, and if you look at his stats and review how he got those stats, he was inimpressive. He managed not to screw up too badly, behind an incredible defense.

Hmm.........similarities.........lol.

I don't see it being as successful here as it was there. Lord knows I could be wrong........

I just think that while I'm not high on either Ramsey or Brunnel, both are no-brainer better options than sending Campbell out there to be slaughtered. At least for now.

At some point if it becomes clear that the playoffs aren't an option, it's time to get him out there for some game-speed, real-time development.

Umm...........I'm not scared of that, or anything else for that matter. I, in fact, COUNT on the fact that Gibbs knows more than I do. If there's a God in Heaven, then that much is true!

Ok........I'll rephrase for those who didn't get what my post inferred. By starting Campbell, what you've done in theory is say that our season is overwith, not because Campbell doesn't have skills, not because he's not talented and could make things happen out there, but because he's a rookie, and he'll do rookie things, and we will lose because of them. It's not indicitive of him not being a good player. What rookie has had a truly positive immediate impact on his team excluding Rothlisberger? Marino? How often does a rookie QB differencemaker come along? Rothlisberger was a phenom last year, and if you look at his stats and review how he got those stats, he was inimpressive. He managed not to screw up too badly, behind an incredible defense.

Hmm.........similarities.........lol.

I don't see it being as successful here as it was there. Lord knows I could be wrong........

I just think that while I'm not high on either Ramsey or Brunnel, both are no-brainer better options than sending Campbell out there to be slaughtered. At least for now.

At some point if it becomes clear that the playoffs aren't an option, it's time to get him out there for some game-speed, real-time development.

I agree with you for the most part, I just think that it would not take him long look how fast he picked up the different "O" last year. not to say that you can compare that to the nfl, But I think he is fast at picking up an "O". I just think that the rookie ms that he would make would not be any worse then the mastakes that pat makes. Ramsey (good arm and I love the guy but bad brain)

I really like Campbell, and that pick is looking like genius right now. But the only way he sees the field before 2007 is only if PR and Brunell get hurt in the same game and he is the only one left. He probably wouldn't even start the next game after that either. By the time Campbell starts, the offense will be second nature to him and he will basically call his own plays like Peyton Manning. That is the idea.

I really like Campbell, and that pick is looking like genius right now. But the only way he sees the field before 2007 is only if PR and Brunell get hurt in the same game and he is the only one left. He probably wouldn't even start the next game after that either. By the time Campbell starts, the offense will be second nature to him and he will basically call his own plays like Peyton Manning. That is the idea.

Exactly.

I would sit Campell this year,, but on the other side, I would have sat Aikman too. but we didn't, we went 1-15 ( it was tough to be a cowboy fan then) but it lead to one of the best runs in NFL history. So i think JC is fine either way, just depends on how much the fans are willing to give up now to prosper later.

1) What has Campbell done to make pick look like a "genius?" Only people that say that are bias Skins fans and that's not a ringing endorsements. As far as I am concern, I am leaning with everyone else in that we "reach for the pick."

2) Comparing Campbell to Manning is dumb. Sorry, but not a fan with blinders on.

1) What has Campbell done to make pick look like a "genius?" Only people that say that are bias Skins fans and that's not a ringing endorsements. As far as I am concern, I am leaning with everyone else in that we "reach for the pick."

2) Comparing Campbell to Manning is dumb. Sorry, but not a fan with blinders on.

HOLY COW!! Not only do I not "get" what the heck you're trying to say............but you CLEARLY do not get the post you just tried to refute.

This post would have to be put to me grammatically correct in order to respond in any way.

What does "reach for the pick" mean? And if I can't understand it........who is the "everyone else" you're referring to? Is this just me having a blonde moment or is anyone else as confused by this as I am?!!!

That said, I'm not here to make fun of that..........but the one thing I did get, that so obviously went over the head of the poster, is that in no way was Campbell "compared" to Manning..........what was said was..........

nevermind...........I have a feeling this explanation won't be understood either. good grief.......

Ok,

1.) The Campbell pick looks good because everyone can see that niether Brunell or PR are going to lead us anywhere. While they screw up on the field, it is definitely making him look like our saviour.

2.) I knew that comparison would get me in trouble with some of you. I was not directly comparing them at all. I am not saying that Campbell will throw 49 td's or that he will be the best qb. I am merely saying that he will have a handle on the playbook when he comes in and will not have to relearn everything like PR and Brunell had to.

Ok,

1.) The Campbell pick looks good because everyone can see that niether Brunell or PR are going to lead us anywhere. While they screw up on the field, it is definitely making him look like our saviour.

The Campbell pick to any rational person was a reach at best. Why take a QB that wont see the other side of a clipboard for at least 2 years when we had/have glaring holes at DE/DT/SS/TE/WR?

The Campbell pick to any rational person was a reach at best. Why take a QB that wont see the other side of a clipboard for at least 2 years when we had/have glaring holes at DE/DT/SS/TE/WR?

you didnt see the glaring hole at QB? and I would go as far as saying that what good is a WR without a QB. I think that you start at the base and work up mold your QB get bye with pat and mark good move JG.

you didnt see the glaring hole at QB? and I would go as far as saying that what good is a WR without a QB. I think that you start at the base and work up mold your QB get bye with pat and mark good move JG.

LOL. Even with the problems at QB that we had last year, Campbell is/was a stretch. Brunell is washed up and costs us more victories on his own than anything else and you cant judge Pat, cos he was just learning the system. Add that to the fact that the running game was poor due to the ineffective blocking scheme that didnt fit Portis' running style and the lack of a solid center and Jansen missing and you cant judge the offense correctly.

Archived