Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norval at it again

jkam

i dunno guys, that first drive by the Raiders was done pretty well. Plus, its not easy to score 20 points on the Patriots, and they did it. Sure there were some stupid plays, but whatever. Either way, Collins and Moss are a very nice group it seems. The Raiders may not make the playoffs, but they certainly look like they can be as good as us or even better (my moment as a realist.)

After that beautiful first drive I tought "Now we won't see them do that for the rest of the game." Sure enough, not one more sustained scoring drive the entire rest of the way. Vanilla, bend-and-often-break defense. Killer penalties. Flashes of hope.

That team has predictably taken on the personality of it's coach, and it's painful to watch.

The first drive of the game was the best one, and the raiders had a chance in the game but killed themselves with penalties. That was just classic Norv.

I noticed that too. A crisp, perfect drive to start the game. Then, with the exception of a bomb to Randy Moss, nothing for the rest of the game. Hilarious. If he could only bottle what he does on opening drives, he'd have the best offense in the league...or he could make an adjustment from time to time.

Well, they had one more good drive when Collins through that 72 yard bomb to Moss for a TD. But you are right, their defense got picked apart. Any time you allow a QB, especially one like Brady, to sit in the pocket for what seemed like an hour, he is going to find an open receiver and holes in your zone. That is exactly why Oakland lost the game.

On the flip side, New England's defense was a little suspect at times as well. I feel like all teams, even New England, are beatable at this point.

THE REDSKINS HAVE A CHANCE TO GO ALL THE WAY IF THE "BEST" TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IS NEW ENGLAND.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

If he could only bottle what he does on opening drives, he'd have the best offense in the league...or he could make an adjustment from time to time.

Why should he? He has everyone telling him the only reason he bombed as a coach here was because of Dan Snyder, who wasn't even his boss for long? :laugh:

May we have a "NORV SUCKS" sign? :cheers:

i dunno guys, that first drive by the Raiders was done pretty well. Plus, its not easy to score 20 points on the Patriots, and they did it. Sure there were some stupid plays, but whatever. Either way, Collins and Moss are a very nice group it seems. The Raiders may not make the playoffs, but they certainly look like they can be as good as us or even better (my moment as a realist.)

I could not have said it better myself. 20 points is pretty good for a 5-11 team against the Super Bowl champs.

Well, they had one more good drive when Collins through that 72 yard bomb to Moss for a TD. But you are right, their defense got picked apart. Any time you allow a QB, especially one like Brady, to sit in the pocket for what seemed like an hour, he is going to find an open receiver and holes in your zone. That is exactly why Oakland lost the game.

On the flip side, New England's defense was a little suspect at times as well. I feel like all teams, even New England, are beatable at this point.

THE REDSKINS HAVE A CHANCE TO GO ALL THE WAY IF THE "BEST" TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IS NEW ENGLAND.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

A 72 yard bomb to Randy Moss is not a sustained drive. It's Randy Moss getting his.

The Patriots didn't play a particularly great game, but they were up 30-14 with three minutes to go. I would hardly say the Raider offense accomplished any great feat because they got a garbage TD at the end.

Turner teams traditionally play decent in the first half and fall apart in the second, as other teams adjust to his game plan. Again, that's exactly what happened last night.

I agree they will not be great or really bad...just 7-9 or 8-8 like a Norv Turner coached team always is. The difference with us is we will continue to get better.

Sadly,

Norv's Raiders looks like his Redskins....critical mistakes at inopportune moments, lots of penalties (again, big penalties at the wrong time leading to big plays), minimal ball movemnet. and how can you have 8 guys covering in the Red Zone and yet have a Patriot SOOOOOOOOOO wide open that he can score a TD.

Norv just shakes his head.......

Archived