Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norval at it again

jkam

That sounds familiar, though. the norvskins always seemed to roll right down the field on their first drive, only to have all the other drives stall out. interesting to see it play out again with another team.

Exactly! I can name "NUMEROUS" games that the Skins offense just rolled on the opening drives under Norv. He has that part down to a "T!" Its drives #2 thru #25 in a game that Norval cannot do consistantly!

i dunno guys, that first drive by the Raiders was done pretty well. Plus, its not easy to score 20 points on the Patriots, and they did it. Sure there were some stupid plays, but whatever. Either way, Collins and Moss are a very nice group it seems. The Raiders may not make the playoffs, but they certainly look like they can be as good as us or even better (my moment as a realist.)

This used to be a staple of Norv's Redskins teams. He could always come up with a great gameplan for the first drive and was great at putting his team in a position to score on the opening drive.

When he was under pressure to adlib was generally when he got in trouble.

How bout the fact the Robert Gallery looks average at best? Dude got flat pushed over twice and was having trouble all night long. Nice pick.

yeah, i remember scratching my head over that one on draft day...the Raiders could have got some REAL starters from day one with that pick...

but i'm glad to see everything panning out as predicted in Oakland...if anyone deserves to be cursed with Norv, it's them (if only the cowgirls were stupid enough to re-hire him)....

Note to lurking Oakland fans: It only gets worse from here...trust us (same goes for 49er fans and Mike Nolan)

Anyone else notice Norv STILL runs the ball on 2nd down after an incomplete pass on 1st down? He did that 75% of the time with the Skins and he's still doing it with the Raiders. The Pats had that figured out from the get go. The Raiders simply couldn't run the ball on 2nd down because the Pats KNEW what was coming. :laugh:

Damn people it was against a dynasty team. Seriously I doubt your team or mine team would have performed even better. The Pats are still the best team in the league just because they struggle in the first month does not mean they are beatable. Many many AFC teams take at least a month to start up on offense. But once they get going..... ( least we forget the Iggles almost got schooled by the Cleveland Browns)

Damn people it was against a dynasty team. Seriously I doubt your team or mine team would have performed even better. The Pats are still the best team in the league just because they struggle in the first month does not mean they are beatable. Many many AFC teams take at least a month to start up on offense. But once they get going..... ( least we forget the Iggles almost got schooled by the Cleveland Browns)

You do have issues don't you?????? :laugh:

Archived