Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impressed with Santana

footballhenry

Which Redskin will score the first touchdown in 2005?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Which Redskin will score the first touchdown in 2005?

• Clinton Portis
    • Santana Moss
    • David Patten
    • Ladell Betts
    • Chris Cooley
    • James Thrash
    • Taylor Jacobs
    • Rock Cartwright
    • Kevin Dyson
    • Mike Sellers
    • Brian Kozlowski
    • Robert Royal
    • Nehemiah Broughton
    • Antonio Brown
    • Patrick Ramsey (rushing)
    • LaVar Arrington
    • Sean Taylor
    • Shawn Springs
    • Carlos Rogers
    • Walt Harris
    • Matt Bowen
    • A fat guy (busted play)
    • Ade Jimoh
    • Other

I have to say I have been skeptical of Moss since he got here (not showing up for voluntary workouts, being injured last yr, etc.) but he really really impressed me against the Steelers. After rewatching the highlights and such I really saw some heart from the man. I thought of Smoot when I saw him showing his exuberance.:) :point2sky

Maybe this WILL be a huge year for Santana.

Moss seems like he's happy to be a Redskin. Same goes for Patton. I think they've got potential, hope they both stay healthy. The deep ball, with the run, should make for an interesting season. I know its just preseason, but I do recall the Skins O making me nervous last season...I feel more confident this year.

Moss is the type of player that when he is given confidence and placed on a pedestal, he performs. In NY, he was never really treated like the next great wideout. His first big season he was, but then he got injured, and the Jets lost confidence in him. Now the Skins are pouring confidence into him and its boosting his own confidence. He will have a similar season to his breakout Jets season, at the very least. I'm expecting 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs. He would catch 17 TDs, but Cooley is going to snag the other 7!!! :)

Moss is the type of player that when he is given confidence and placed on a pedestal, he performs. In NY, he was never really treated like the next great wideout. His first big season he was, but then he got injured, and the Jets lost confidence in him. Now the Skins are pouring confidence into him and its boosting his own confidence. He will have a similar season to his breakout Jets season, at the very least. I'm expecting 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs. He would catch 17 TDs, but Cooley is going to snag the other 7!!! :)

man, i hope you're right! :) :helmet:

if moss can have a huge year for us, that would be sweet

man, i hope you're right! :) :helmet:

if moss can have a huge year for us, that would be sweet

Man, I lived the past 7 years of my life in South Florida. The first three of them Santana was still at UM. And let me tell you, everything down here was about Santana Moss. His head must have been so big when he was down here that it was about to burst. And he responded with huge numbers and spectacular plays.

So we pay him #1 money and tell him he's the man. What does he do? He responds with some huge plays against the #1 defense in the league last year. He thrives when his ego is inflated. We've all seen those types of players on our HS football teams and throughout the NFL.

Moss will have a huge season for us!!! Guaranteed!

I thought of Smoot when I saw him showing his exuberance.:) :point2sky

Maybe this WILL be a huge year for Santana.

Funny you should say that. I was listening to sports talk 980 and heard him in an interview. He sounds a lot like Smoot. Talking all excited and you get the feeling just how much he is in to this season, and hopefully, this offense.

We could use another character like Smoot. I loved his interviews! You usually hear the same ole BS out of players and coaches. Smoot gave you a little show when he talked.

Here's to a hell of a season Santana! :cheers:

The best thing I see out of Moss and Patten is that they are both trying to prove that they can be #1 wideouts. Its creating competition at the position. Everyone is so quick to give Moss the nod @ #1 but it was Patten who broke 100 yards first! I am very happy so far with the receivers, I just hope Ramsey comes around and they "gel" ( I hate that word)... The only thing I worry about is injuries, these guys are small and I hope we protect them so they can last the season.

One thing I noticed about Moss. is what he does after he catches the ball. He spins and fights and is elusive as hell. Where was that last year with Coles? Where was the spinning and the heart and will to get the extra yards? Had nothing to do with his toe and everything to do with a lack of heart and ability imo.

Anyway Moss joined the offseason workouts after he signed his contract right?

Is it me or does Ramsey tend to underthrow the ball when Moss breaks for a deep route? I know Moss has got some speed, but that was the 3rd preseason game. Ramsey needs to start compensating for his speed SOON or else we're not going to seen an improvement on his TD/INT ratio. One knock on Moss is that he doesn't break quick enough back to the ball to try to break up the INT.

Is it me or does Ramsey tend to underthrow the ball when Moss breaks for a deep route?

He's trying to work on his touch. One thing about Ramsey that no one can question is his arm strength. The staff has been trying to get him to work on his touch and accuracy on those routes, which is why some of those passes have been coming up a bit short. Last year those same passes would have repeatedly sailed over a WR and out-of-bounds.

He's trying to work on his touch. One thing about Ramsey that no one can question is his arm strength. The staff has been trying to get him to work on his touch and accuracy on those routes, which is why some of those passes have been coming up a bit short. Last year those same passes would have repeatedly sailed over a WR and out-of-bounds.

1st, how do you know he is working on touch? I dont think I have read it on Redskin.com, or heard Joe Gibbs mention it anywhere.

And when did touch become a negative for deep balls. Just because you have touch on the ball doesnt mean its going to be underthrown.

Okay, I have a little confession to make. When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it said "Impressed with Santa," which I am, of course, and always have been. I just gotta get used to seeing SantaNA's name, I guess.

I'm also impressed with Mr. Moss and Mr. Patten. I believe both of those guys are out to prove a little something, and their speed and separation is very evident, even in the short time that I have been able to see them in preseason. I think they've already got more YAC this preseason than Roderick and Laveraextemporaneus had all last season!

I really believe Joe J. is building!

Give Ramsey a little more time he'll get that deep ball down. Don't wory 'bout that. He's experimenting we'll call it. When the reg. Season comes he'll be hitting most of the wideopen deep routes easy. Then when they try to go 2 deep well pound it down their throat. God I'm excited this year. You'll get it soon.

Multiple times it was mentioned that Ramsey was working on his touch this summer to go with his big gun of an arm. Once Ramsey gets used to where Moss's speed will put him on the field when he breaks for a long one and those balls will no longer be falling short. They will be hitting his hands while he is in full stride. Every one is down on Ramsey because they want to see the next big thing...even if it was someone that they ruthlessly booed off the field just last season. However, was Ramsey needs is a little time to get comfortable. Time to trust his line, this will cure the happy feet, and time to get in sync with his receivers. My first prediction was by the 3rd or 4th game you will see Ramsey in full control of this offense. But, after watching the quick progress in the preseason, just the difference game to game, I now would not be surprised to see Ramsey in full control by Game 2. From there on out it is gravy baby.

Archived