Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impressed with Santana

footballhenry

Which Redskin will score the first touchdown in 2005?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Which Redskin will score the first touchdown in 2005?

• Clinton Portis
    • Santana Moss
    • David Patten
    • Ladell Betts
    • Chris Cooley
    • James Thrash
    • Taylor Jacobs
    • Rock Cartwright
    • Kevin Dyson
    • Mike Sellers
    • Brian Kozlowski
    • Robert Royal
    • Nehemiah Broughton
    • Antonio Brown
    • Patrick Ramsey (rushing)
    • LaVar Arrington
    • Sean Taylor
    • Shawn Springs
    • Carlos Rogers
    • Walt Harris
    • Matt Bowen
    • A fat guy (busted play)
    • Ade Jimoh
    • Other

I'm not sure I agree with the poster who said Patten hasn't shined yet...unless I misintepreted the context of that word.

That catch he made against the Bengals was every bit as impressive as Santana's great catch against the Steelers, and his stat line of 3 catches for 109 shone pretty brightly, as well. He hasn't been, perhaps, quite as eyepopping, my choice word for Santana at the moment, lol.

One thing I noticed about Moss. is what he does after he catches the ball. He spins and fights and is elusive as hell. Where was that last year with Coles? Where was the spinning and the heart and will to get the extra yards? Had nothing to do with his toe and everything to do with a lack of heart and ability imo.

That's not fair. COles was clearly limping in many games and DID fight for extra yards. Did you not recall all those WR screens where he had to turn nothing into something?

Getting up after getting rocked by Michael Lewis and doing the first down sign at FedEx?

No, Coles has been hampered by the toe, and he's not much of a 'spinner' never was, even at his healthiest.

1st, how do you know he is working on touch? I dont think I have read it on Redskin.com, or heard Joe Gibbs mention it anywhere.

And when did touch become a negative for deep balls. Just because you have touch on the ball doesnt mean its going to be underthrown.

Musgrave said several times that Ramsey is working on his touch, on putting a bit more air under his passes...he even said something like "Patrick is becoming a passer now instead of a thrower"...

Moss has looked awesome, and as some others have pointed out, I feel Patten has as well. There's more life on the edges it seems this year, or at least that's the "feel" I get. Both receivers appear to be on a mission, pushing each other to be better. I'm optimistic about both this season. Ramsey is the key. Yeah I know, I know.........no Ramsey bashing in this post......and I agree, but he obviously holds the keys. Compared to last year........I feel we're in better shape overall at wideout. Coles, who I loved and thought played with as much heart as could be asked of him, and Moss are almost like the same guy IMO........different in some ways, but have more similarities than differences. Patten brings to the table a 2nd wide reciever with something we haven't had in a long time.........credibility. He's proven and defenses will have to respect both receivers as if they're both #1's.........making coverages much more difficult. It's all up to Ramsey to make the reads...........and to...........oops.......I did it again didn't I? My bad!

One thing I noticed about Moss. is what he does after he catches the ball. He spins and fights and is elusive as hell. Where was that last year with Coles? Where was the spinning and the heart and will to get the extra yards? Had nothing to do with his toe and everything to do with a lack of heart and ability imo.

Anyway Moss joined the offseason workouts after he signed his contract right?

I'm sorry, I know Coles didn't exactly leave on the greatest of terms, but if there was anything he DIDN"T lack, it was heart.

For all those questioning LC's heart --

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week14vsPHI08_Coles.mpg

Coles was definately a tough SOB, I'll give him that. But I wish he would have given the team more time to gel with the passing game before he gave up on it.

I think that our current receiver set can make us forget about Coles. Both Moss and Patten have impressed me. And you never know which one will be the hot receiver for any given game, causing matchup problems for the D.

doesn't matter what coles did during off-season, he racked up 90 receptions even w/ brunell's disastrous first half of the season. you gotta give it to him. now, if ramsey can just keep up a average level of performance, moss and patten can rack up 130-140 between them.

Yea, Ill have to say that both Moss and Patten have looked good, but I'd just love to see them put Brunell in with them. If you had Brunell's accuracy with those guys, you could really see an awesome skins offense. After watchin Ramsey for the entire time hes been here, hes always had trouble makin the deep pass.

I also notice ppl talkin about mainly Moss, Patten and Cooley as the main targets. Does anyone else think that Thrash should possibly one of the go to guys. I know that its probably not gonna be that many targets in the Gibbs offense, but from what Ive seen Thrash do this preseason, I think we should toss the ball his way a little more. After all, its only him and Cooley that have caught touchdown passes this preseason. Yards are great, but you gotta make sure you have someone thats gonna get in the endzone.

Archived