Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Armstrong using performence enhancers

LoGiK

OK... but what about 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005? :doh:

Those french, they just can't stand that an American has completely crushed all of the competition and rode away with the Yellow Jersey of their sacred bike race.

They've been trying to pin drug charges on him forever, astonished that he can kick the competition's a$$ in the mountains every year. Every year they come, and every year he has taken their heart and will to win.

I read somewhere that LA has a heart about a third larger than a normal human being. Anyone else hear that? Additionally, did you know that the great Secretariat... horse racing's king of the hill, had a heart twice as big as a normal horse. He was like a steam engine.... pushing more oxygen through his blood and into his lungs and making him a runaway freight train. Cool huh?

I thought they get tested every year?

It would be nice to know what the time of destruction is on a tested vial of pee.

1 year

3 years

5 years

7 years

Do we have a giant pee facility that has nothing but urine samples from every athlete ever since the beginning of testing? What a museum that would make..

Looks like in 1999 they tried to say he was taking a different drug...

PAU, France -- Lance Armstrong is fighting a two-front war in the 1999 Tour de France. The first one is against cycling's strongest riders, a battle he's winning quite handily. Armstrong finished 11th in Wednesday's 119-mile 16th stage over the Pyrenees to cement a six-minute, 15-second overall lead going into the final four days of racing in the three-week race.

The second is against a European press seemingly bent on linking Armstrong to any doping scandal it can dig up. The French newspaper "Le Monde" reported Wednesday Armstrong tested positive for using cortisone, an accusation denounced by Armstrong and by cycling's governing body.

Armstrong said he was using a cream called Cemalyt to treat a skin allergy. The UCI said in a statement Wednesday the use of the cream "does not constitute any form of doping."

Second-place Escartin passes leader Armstrong in Pyrenees.

The UCI confirmed that the cream was taken with the permission of the U.S. Postal team doctor. The UCI also said Armstrong was negative when he was tested July 3 and that minute levels - a level of 0.2, according to sources - were detected July 4. To be considered positive, the corticosteroids level must be above 5.

http://espn.go.com/cycling/france99/stage16.html

I hope it's not true.

I know Balco and baseball are unrelated here, but after all that, I hear this story and I'm just not suprised. I'm really confused here, I mean there are a lot of factors going on. How old are the tests, plus the Frenchies determination to smear Armstrong...I dunno...

But we're living in a day and age where athletes are taking supliments and all types of roids, HGH, doping...this is the way games and sports are played now, like it or not. It's not the 1950's anymore. But yet we look at athletes who have made great achievements and want to act like no chemicals were involved.

Like I said, after balco, baseball, olympians, I'm not suprised. I'm also not suprised that the French are coming after him with flimsy information since Lance wiped his arse with their race for 7 years in a row.

I just hope its not true.

Maybe they should do a show on "In Search Of", so we could learn about the technical advances in human kind that allow us to search for, and actually discover the whereabouts, of finely aged urine.

Or maybe Geraldo could do a live show where he opens newly discovered viles of urine.

Or maybe Dr. Lee from the OJ circus could give us all a demonstration of how urine should look if sprayed on a pair of socks.

Or how about somebody writing a book. The title could be...

"Your In Trouble"

I hope it's not true.

I know Balco and baseball are unrelated here, but after all that, I hear this story and I'm just not suprised. I'm really confused here, I mean there are a lot of factors going on. How old are the tests, plus the Frenchies determination to smear Armstrong...I dunno...

But we're living in a day and age where athletes are taking supliments and all types of roids, HGH, doping...this is the way games and sports are played now, like it or not. It's not the 1950's anymore. But yet we look at athletes who have made great achievements and want to act like no chemicals were involved.

Like I said, after balco, baseball, olympians, I'm not suprised. I'm also not suprised that the French are coming after him with flimsy information since Lance wiped his arse with their race for 7 years in a row.

I just hope its not true.

I hope it's not true as well, but I wouldn't be suprised if he has used performance enhancers. The way things are going with sports, I'd say the odds are that he has used something. Not sure why so many think it's so far fetched.

I hope it's not true as well, but I wouldn't be suprised if he has used performance enhancers. The way things are going with sports, I'd say the odds are that he has used something. Not sure why so many think it's so far fetched.

Cause people don't want to believe that one of America's greatest sportsmen would cheat. In a time where our countries popularity is in the ****ter, having Lance get busted would be another crushing blow.

Like I said in my post, people want to make like sports is still in the 1950's, where everything was pure and hunky dory. It's far removed from that now, but people are just too jaded and/or naive to acknowledge the POSSIBILITY that Lance cheated.

Cause people don't want to believe that one of America's greatest sportsmen would cheat. In a time where our countries popularity is in the ****ter, having Lance get busted would be another crushing blow.

Like I said in my post, people want to make like sports is still in the 1950's, where everything was pure and hunky dory. It's far removed from that now, but people are just too jaded and/or naive to acknowledge the POSSIBILITY that Lance cheated.

True enough.

IMO, the odds are he did cheat. I'm not saying there's proof, but I'd tend to believe he cheated more than he didn't.

Archived