Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Brunell or Patrick Ramsey's?

CrazyJoe92

So what do you think skins fans Mark Brunell or Patrick Ramsey's? I’m going to be real with you. I think Mark is going to be our #1 QB before the great Campbell takes over. From the start Ramsey had danced around in the pocket trying to make decisions that turn out to be stupid. Ramsey just doesn’t have any heart. Even with the shot gun he has tap-dancing feet. Brunell has impressed me a lot with his consistency in the past few games. His arm has gotten noticeably stronger and he is not scared to step up in the pocket and let his O line block for him. Ramsey is a great guy but I want the best for the team and right now it's leaning toward Mark for that Starting QB spot. Do you feel the same way I do? :eaglesuck :helmet:

The title of this thread and question make no sense grammatically...

"Mark Brunell or Patrick Ramsey's...."

Patrick Ramsey's what? I mean, I understand what you are getting at here, but that is just confusing...

I disagree with your opionion. I think Ramsey will be the starter unless he is injured.

:whew:

For a while there I was afraid that I'd have no forum to express my opinion on the Brunell/Ramsey controversy.

Thank you for posting a poll that will allow my voice to be heard. This is the only thread I've seen on the subject, and I applaud your decision to create this poll/thread. :clap: :clap:

;)

Also....

Ramsey is a great guy but I want the best for the team and right now it's leaning toward Mark for that Starting QB spot.

You've got to be kidding.

This is prefrickin'season!

Brunell looked better than Patrick last year in the preseason, that didn't mean squat during the regular season. How can you in your right mind say Brunell is what's best for this team? How many sub 100 yard games did he have last year? 4? 5? Not to mention his accuracy was atrocious. All that for the honor of having one of the worse QB ratings in the league last year. And he's best for the team??

I for one am GLAD Patrick is making all these mistakes now. The preseason is the time to let you know which areas you need to improve on so you can work on that and be ready by the time the regular season starts.

These threads are starting to get annoying now.

Gibbs is sticking with Ramsey for at least 4 games. He will have a quicker hook than last year if need be but knows he must give Patrick all the support he needs for him and the Skins to succeed in the beginning.

Patrick is the starter. If Ramsey doesn't show up in the first two games, Gibbs will use the bye week to make the change. :2cents:

Ah, you can never have enough Brunell vs Ramsey threads can ya? I thought last year was overkill, but this is getting crazy and there isn't even any controversy. How many people that were calling for Brunell's head last season have now flip-flopped and are calling for Ramsey's? Well, either way, some of you will never run out of things to complain about.

Also....

You've got to be kidding.

This is prefrickin'season!

Brunell looked better than Patrick last year in the preseason, that didn't mean squat during the regular season. How can you in your right mind say Brunell is what's best for this team? How many sub 100 yard games did he have last year? 4? 5? Not to mention his accuracy was atrocious. All that for the honor of having one of the worse QB ratings in the league last year. And he's best for the team??

I for one am GLAD Patrick is making all these mistakes now. The preseason is the time to let you know which areas you need to improve on so you can work on that and be ready by the time the regular season starts.

These threads are starting to get annoying now.

Well I can say that because he played like crap last year and he is playing worse this year, so that makes him… :pooh: well we won’t get in to that. :no: like I said before I want what’s best for the team and I would say the same thing today if Mark was not playing well. Brunell did play like crap last year and so did Pat so it cancels out. Now Mark did have a bad shoulder and you can tell the difference in his arm this year it’s a lot better. (You can’t say it's not) If you have watched the past few games Mark has had more yards and is playing better than Pat. I mean come on last game Pat did throw an interception within the first 4 plays of the game. But Brunell had those big drives down the field probably about 60 to 70 yards each, and I was at the game. I wanted Pat to do well last year I rooted for him because of the hits he took "but last year is last year." It's all excuses now that we have a lot of the key players back. It’s his fault Mark worked out harder in the off-season. :1stplace: :ravensuck

Well I can say that because he played like crap last year and he is playing worse this year, so that makes him… :pooh: well we won’t get in to that. :no: like I said before I want what’s best for the team and I would say the same thing today if Mark was not playing well. Brunell did play like crap last year and so did Pat so it cancels out. Now Mark did have a bad shoulder and you can tell the difference in his arm this year it’s a lot better. (You can’t say it's not) If you have watched the past few games Mark has had more yards and is playing better than Pat. I mean come on last game Pat did throw an interception within the first 4 plays of the game. But Brunell had those big drives down the field probably about 60 to 70 yards each, and I was at the game. I wanted Pat to do well last year I rooted for him because of the hits he took "but last year is last year." It's all excuses now that we have a lot of the key players back. It’s his fault Mark worked out harder in the off-season. :1stplace: :ravensuck

HUH?

You're saying Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey last year played the same? Uhhhh..

And somehow Brunell had multiple drives for 70 yards which Ramsey failed at when Brunell threw for 122 yards and Ramsey threw for 190 yards.. And last time I checked, 190 > 122 so I don't see how Brunell threw for more yards?

Am I missing something here? Have I gone crazy?

Stick w/Pat through the first 3 regular season games. If he still exhibits the behavior of a Rookie QB then bench him and never look back.

Why stick with him for 3 games if someone is playing better than him? Why not put Mark in for 3 games and see how he does? Everyone is so use to digging themselves deep in a hole instead of dealing with the problem early. This could help fix the QB problem. If we put MArk in, Pat will realize he needs to start playing better and getting his Di*ck out the dirt. When he notices Mark in the game before him something might click in his head telling him he needs to do something to keep his spot. When I went to training camp Pat was playing bad too. It might be camp but "The way you practice is the way you play in games"

HUH?

You're saying Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey last year played the same? Uhhhh..

And somehow Brunell had multiple drives for 70 yards which Ramsey failed at when Brunell threw for 122 yards and Ramsey threw for 190 yards.. And last time I checked, 190 > 122 so I don't see how Brunell threw for more yards?

Am I missing something here? Have I gone crazy?

The game is more than just passing yard stats playa playa. have you heard of interceptions and the overall game they played? how about who can make better decisions and who will be better for us in the LONG RUN? Pat can’t stand the pressure in the pocket the mans claustrophobic. When he thinks someone is going to hit him he automatically throws the ball creating a turnover, fumbles, or gets sacked. Now Mark on the other hand wont do that. If you watched the last few games you can tell how confidant he is and how he trusts his O line to block for him. He will step up in the pocked to get those extra seconds to pass. There were many plays last game when Mark took advantage of this. I know some one on this site has uploaded the video on the net some1 can get it for you.

Archived