Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freak's Peek...Rogers was intentionally toasted, and other statements.

freakofthesouth

I will start this one out w/ acceptance and forgiveness for those that perceived this game to be, well…a ‘loss.’ We are all so ready to be reactionary from an outing such as this, where the final outcome matters so much to us, in every game. We all have the right to be completely frustrated w/ our team.

But here’s the other side of that coin- this is not the regular season. And don’t let that get past you. There are certain things that have developed during these games that have a completely different look than how things will be run on Sept 11th and thereafter. For instance, our 1st half time of possession was half of theirs; does that sound like something Joe Gibbs would allow? Moreover, was our attack balanced at all? I counted only a handful of running plays in the first half.

Our offense had one goal- attack downfield. Patrick wasn’t coached last night to ‘look for the dump-off, or use play-action. He got the ball downfield. And w/ over 20 yds / catch, I’d say he did just that.

There were some bad plays, for sure. There were mistakes. Two bad interceptions. That kills us, and it will kill us in the future. But lapses in the fundamentals of the game, such as bad reads, penalties…these mistakes can be corrected. They are coachable. It would be much more challenging to get a team to move the ball in the first place. And last night, we proved we could do just that.

A quick note about the defense- our first unit is going to wreak havoc this season. Just imagine a healthy LaVar Arrington in the mix as well.

Let’s hit briefly on Rodgers’ debut. In his first outing of true NFL speed, he had a very big interception w/ the first team that led to the biggest throw P Ram has had in awhile. This was a big-time INT.

BOLD STATEMENT: Carlos Rodgers was intentionally burnt and left on an island to allow him to understand the speed of the game. Greg Williams did it to Taylor last preseason, and he did it to Carlos last night. It was blatant. Check it out: Rodgers stays in to get some playing time w/ the second defense. 3 throws in a row, GW gives Rodgers the call to stay on an island, and don’t press cover. He had no help from the safety on any of these tosses. And it seems more than a little fishy to me that GW didn’t see that they were going to go there again. The whole stadium knew that TD pass was coming. He needed to keep himself in check after that INT, so his head stays w/ the team. Greg Williams would most likely never publicly admit that this was the case, but he always speaks about how the younger players need to understand the speed of the game, and what better way to understand it and respect it than have it turn you into toast. It’s brilliant, actually.

This is the call to all of the true Redskin fans: DON’T BOO OUR QUARTERBACK. What he needs more than anything is support from all of us. We need to stand behind him, and be supportive. He needs more of the confidence that he found last night. He looked great, less those two throws. Take those throws away, and he is the player of the week, as far as I’m concerned. Mark Brunell is not going to be our starter. He may be looking solid, etc, but Ramsey is our QB. And that’s not our decision. We don’t see what really goes on, and what factors really affect Joe’s decision on this. As fans, we must SUPPORT this team. Truly, I felt like last night showed that we are on the brink of having a very, very solid football team. I’ve been waiting a long, long time for that to happen.

Lastly, watch the redskins.comTV press conferences for two things:

-P Ram has a great confidence about him that was not there before. He has accountability for the mistakes, and a certain poise in his answers. He is becoming a quarterback.

-Does anyone want to see the true Joe Gibbs? The one that inspires, motivates, and gets after his players? The Joe Gibbs that is immortalized in Canton? Look no further than the opening statements of his press conference last night. Something came alive in him, and he was on fire. There is no doubt in my mind that we will have no turnovers next week, and that we have a serious football team.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

BOLD STATEMENT: Carlos Rodgers was intentionally burnt and left on an island to allow him to understand the speed of the game. Greg Williams did it to Taylor last preseason, and he did it to Carlos last night. It was blatant. Check it out: Rodgers stays in to get some playing time w/ the second defense. 3 throws in a row, GW gives Rodgers the call to stay on an island, and don’t press cover. He had no help from the safety on any of these tosses. And it seems more than a little fishy to me that GW didn’t see that they were going to go there again. The whole stadium knew that TD pass was coming. He needed to keep himself in check after that INT, so his head stays w/ the team. Greg Williams would most likely never publicly admit that this was the case, but he always speaks about how the younger players need to understand the speed of the game, and what better way to understand it and respect it than have it turn you into toast. It’s brilliant, actually.

I think you might be on to something here...:cheers:

I concur because I was at the game. I don't know what TV showed, but after Rogers came off the field following the extra point (after he was toasted), Gregg Williams met him on the sideline and was in his ear - speaking authoritatively - as he walked alongisde Rogers for about 20 yards.

Rogers listened, then, after Williams broke off with a look of dissatisfaction on his face, Rogers got some love from teammates and his position coach as he went to take a seat.

I watched this through my binoculars, so I got a pretty good look at their one-one-one.

All in all, it looked like a sound teaching lesson from a proven defensive coordinator to a talented, teachable pupil.

I agree 110% with this post,and the Ramsey hating/doubt needs to stop.

the first interception was his mistake in thinking that James Thrash would jump for the ball.

the second int was a good read but the ball came out of his hand all wrong and sailed.

Tory James is only average in coverage, but he is probably the best corner in the NFL when it comes to picking off bad throws

Originally posted by RumpofSteelSKIN

I concur because I was at the game. I don't know what TV showed, but after Rogers came off the field following the extra point (after he was toasted), Gregg Williams met him on the sideline and was in his ear - speaking authoritatively - as he walked alongisde Rogers for about 20 yards.

Rogers listened, then, after Williams broke off with a look of dissatisfaction on his face, Rogers got some love from teammates and his position coach as he went to take a seat.

I watched this through my binoculars, so I got a pretty good look at their one-one-one.

All in all, it looked like a sound teaching lesson from a proven defensive coordinator to a talented, teachable pupil.

That's very interesting stuff there. It's like Williams had that scripted for Rogers. He maybe feels an even more pressing need to get after his big-time rookies after the Sean Taylor offseason escapades.

Thanks for reading my long-winded post here folks.

And I got it...It's Rogers. :laugh:

Freak,

Great post! :thumbsup: I agree 100%. Too many people are watching for negative things to happen & BOO Ramsey when he makes bad throws. Why? Is he not allowed to make any mistakes now? Does he suddenly have no margin for error? These people who BOOed Ramsey last actually want Brunell to start? :wtf: do these idiots want? :doh:

As far as Rogers goes, I agree with that as well. I think he was left out there to get burned repeatedly for his own good. Even Cincy noticed it. It's why they went to the same spot 2 times in a row, when Carlos got burned for the TD.

Ramsey made 2 bad...BAD...decisions when he threw the INTs. So what, it happens. Even Joey T. pointed out that the best QBs sometimes make the worst mistakes. Look at Favre, for instance. He throws INTs all the time. No one BOOs him. We need a little bit of patience as fans & we need to sit back & trust the Coach. I'm tired of listening to all the whining. And I'm tired of opposing team fans using whiney Redskins fans opinions to make their own case. It's embarrassing & makes me sick. People need to learn to relax.

:cheers:

So Williams wanted to give up a TD in the same game that Gibbs slammed his headset down when Nemo fumbled on our last drive to try to tie the game? The reports on Gibbs' radio interview right after the game were that he was very upset. Excuuuse me if I don't drink the cool aid on this one.

Rodgers was just out of shape. Plain and simple. No one realized just how gassed he was until the second deep throw.

Originally posted by RumpofSteelSKIN

Did you see the smile on his face afterwards..;)

Originally posted by wskin44

So Williams wanted to give up a TD in the same game that Gibbs slammed his headset down when Nemo fumbled on our last drive to try to tie the game? The reports on Gibbs' radio interview right after the game were that he was very upset. Excuuuse me if I don't drink the cool aid on this one.

Rodgers was just out of shape. Plain and simple. No one realized just how gassed he was until the second deep throw.

Wrong.

Williams didn't want to give up a TD. We are saying that Williams INTENTIONALLY left Rogers out on an island by himself with no safety help on that drive. And whatever happened, happened.

Turns out that Rogers gave up a TD cause he is not in football shape yet. He obviously wanted to teach Rogers (Or maybe humble him into realizing) that he is NOT something special and that he needs to appriciate the greater speed and skill of the NFL.

Looks like the lesson was learned. :)

Good post freak, your absolutely right. It was part of the learning curve from rogers, ill say he was pretty winded after 3 consecutive deep balls, but people that say he is out of shape couldn't be more off track.....

I said it last night but it probably got lost in the other reply's by everyone doing play by play but i'll say it again

Rogers- Guy on Redskins

Rodgers- Guy on Packers

Got it?

Archived