Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freak's Peek...Rogers was intentionally toasted, and other statements.

freakofthesouth

The radio guys were saying he was hurting the team by not asking to come out when he physically couldn't perform

I think that's a feather in Rogers' cap. The kid's tough...still practiced in mini-camps despite hurting and having NO contract.

Kid gets winded but sticks with it.

He's got heart and will more than replace Smoot, who had heart but not the athletic ability Rogers posesses.

All in all, it looked like a sound teaching lesson from a proven defensive coordinator to a talented, teachable pupil.

Works for me! I can't wait to toast those poor, unfortunate Bears.

(Really, does anybody else kinda feel bad for their QB injury woes?)

So Williams wanted to give up a TD in the same game that Gibbs slammed his headset down when Nemo fumbled on our last drive to try to tie the game? The reports on Gibbs' radio interview right after the game were that he was very upset. Excuuuse me if I don't drink the cool aid on this one.

Rodgers was just out of shape. Plain and simple. No one realized just how gassed he was until the second deep throw.

I don't think the score had anything to do with GIbb's frustration. It was the turn-over itself that lit him up. It's preseason and Gibbs knows as well as anyone that the score doesn't mean crap. It is all about execution. Gibbs wanted to cut down on the TOs (no pun intended), and I think that is what chapped him up on that last drive. :helmet:

However, I cannot believe it was some master plot by Williams to see how he handles adversity. You make it sound like he intentionally wanted him to flop just to see how he handles it. That is utterly ridiculous.

I don't think it is rediculous at all.

He wanted the same thing for Taylor last preseason, and he got it in the Rams game. Our secondary got torched, and it was due to GW's vulnerable play-calling.

How can you not see that it was blatant? He was completely exhausted when he gave up that TD. Why wasn't he taken out then?

I'll answer my own question: Williams wanted to push and test his young prospect. Did he want him to give up a TD? Sh!t no! He wanted him to step up and make a play. Rogers did the best he could, given his state at that time. And now Williams has some idea of how much ground he can give Rogers.

The end. Not rediculous.

I agree. Pre-season is the time to teach rookies a lesson. It's the only way they can learn really. Rogers also lost a lot of conditioning time with his injury and that showed on Friday. But I think he will be alright. He sure looks like an NFL corner out there.

My take

first game they threw more short passes, this game they worked on the long ball. Yes Rogers was put on notice learn or get burned.

Oh and forget about running up the middle on our defense, not going to happen. I also think Gibbs left ramsey in so long to help him get it right.

They are asking him to do this and do that, not really manage the game but work on areas he needs to work on to put it all together.

Archived