Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bowen hurt in practice

wilbur58z

Actually, I think this is a huge bummer if he's really hurt. I'm not sure we've got as effective a blitzer as Bowen at the strong safety position. I was excited to see him back and getting playing time.

I'm really hoping this isn't serious.

Originally posted by KingTaylor21

gosh... good thing he aint are best SS. Ryan Clark is.

Actually, he is out best SS. Clark is not bad and did real well last year but Williams was forced to change the packages and the SS blitz all but disappeared from our games. Bowen is better in run support and the blitz.

Don't get me wrong, I like Clark, but he does not have Bowen's game at this point in his career.

This blows.

With Bowen coupled with Taylor as our resident headhunters, our defense was looking scarier than last year's.

We can still be good without him, but losing him prevents us from hurting all of our opposing wr's.

Originally posted by TheDane

Actually, I think this is a huge bummer if he's really hurt. I'm not sure we've got as effective a blitzer as Bowen at the strong safety position. I was excited to see him back and getting playing time.

I'm really hoping this isn't serious.

i agree. people seem to have forgotten bowen because clark did such a good job at filling in for him. bowen still is our ebst SS, and our second best safety overall.

Bowen and Taylor were paired together as the second shift safties last Friday. I figured that Williams did this because he plans on using the two together as starters. Bowen's ability to blitz is made for Williams' defense. Let's hope it's not serious.

I hope the injury to Bowen isn't serious.

We just released the Safety we signed on Tuesday - Erik Brown. We signed third-year safety Siddeeq Shabazz today. I guess they picked him for his special teams play (does that mean Brown wasn't into playing that role?!).

Clark did a fine job in Bowens place last year, but he doesn't lay the wood to people the way Bowen does. Lets hope this is just a minor thing. I would love to have two very dangerous safties on the field for the season.

Originally posted by Pete

Clark did a fine job in Bowens place last year, but he doesn't lay the wood to people the way Bowen does. Lets hope this is just a minor thing. I would love to have two very dangerous safties on the field for the season.

What Pete said. Losing Bowens can only hurt our roster. You just don't go out and sign a player of Bowens stature for the cheap we signed him. I don't want sound cheap here.

Bowens is a he!!uva hitter and was working very nice last season in our safety blitz package. I still remember that clothesline tackle he made on (What's his name) for a two yard loss when it looked in all the world as a ten yard gain.:cool: This just before his injury:doh:

Archived