Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lance Wins

Spaceman Spiff

NO joke. And by the way, you don't think that there are riders out there, under the radar, that use steroids? Lance is in the spotlight, and tested constantly. Anyone that says he's on roids is ignorant.

Congrats Lance! You will go down as one of the (if not THE) greatest American athletes of all time :cheers:

With this amazing accomplishment, Lance Armstrong has positioned himself in the likes of elite atheletes such as Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. 7 in a row is almost unreal. It is amazing that these atheletes can be so successful and competitive on such a consistant basis. Congradulations Lance!

Originally posted by DjKam1

With this amazing accomplishment, Lance Armstrong has positioned himself in the likes of elite atheletes such as Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. 7 in a row is almost unreal. It is amazing that these atheletes can be so successful and competitive on such a consistant basis. Congradulations Lance!

i couldnt agree more, the man is just amazing!!

Originally posted by jrockster77

Okay, frenchy.

*cough* never been caught *cough*

*cough* tested a zillion times *cough*

:cheers: You're soooooo right!

Whether or not this makes him the best athlete of our time or not (subject of another thread), there is no doubt that his story is one of the most compelling. MOST people after being disgnosed with cancer would be happy to just keep getting out of bed in the mornings. No, Lance has to just go and BREAK WORLD RECORDS and MAKE HISTORY!!!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

What I think is amazing is not just that he won and is a tremendous athlete, but that his story (beating cancer to come back and win a grueling sport repeatedly at a level higher than before cancer) managed to capture the attention of the american people. Yes, his winning 7 times in a row is a huge deal. But the fact that most people on here know who he is, is huge. Keep in mind biking gets lower ratings that arena football. Pick an arean football player famous for playing arena football...who again?

Seriously, his winning and his fame are a huge story because it's what all of us aspire to when we're sick or thought pysically unable to do something. Most of the athletes who gain this much cross sport marketablity do so because there is something about them we aspire to whether it be single minded concentration and practice to success (Jordan) or training from childhood to being the best at something (Tiger), we all want to be like them. However, it seems like many just kind of sell out to marketing (Jordan? Agassi?)

I just hope Lance doesn't sell out. It won't make his accomplishment any less, but I'd hate to see the message/memory of the live strong fade into a Haynes comercial.

Originally posted by gbear

I just hope Lance doesn't sell out. It won't make his accomplishment any less, but I'd hate to see the message/memory of the live strong fade into a Haynes comercial.

His cameo in Dodgeball was pretty damn funny, though... ;)

Archived