Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sushi: Love it or hate it?

Westbrook36

Originally posted by Art

I love Sushi. It's quite nice. I tell people trying it to stick with the cooked variety at first. The tempura rolls or Spider Rolls, whatever. I love the unagi myself, which is also cooked I believe, but, eel is not a popular thing to get people to try :).

You are so right about this. The first time I ever ate any was with the GF and she shoves a piece of sashimi in my face. Not wanting to look like a pansy, I ate it, of course. It obviously didn't sour me forever towards sushi but I would have loved it more if she would have broke me in slowly.*

*Much like the whole strap-on thing. ;)

Just joking.

My favorite roll... and I highly suggest you convince a sushi chef to make this for you and it might require a little begging. It's a little bit oversized too so they'll probably *****. ;)

Shrimp Tempura, Eel, Cream Cheese, Eel Sauce on the inside. On the outside a layer of avacado and more eel sauce. :mmm:

I've tried triple deep fried sushi... although that was a little too rich. And sushi rolls with cheese. A little bizarre too. Even one with cowbrains. That one I was a little upset about.

Originally posted by Predicto

And this is the best way to serve it!

http://tusach.tripod.com/albumhiem/pages/body_sushi2.htm

What was this post about again? Kind of lost track after seeing the "table" of sushi...

Oh yeah, sushi. Yeah, I like sushi. Maybe I can talk my wife into serving me sushi like the lady in the pics...

Mmmmmmmmm, sushi served on beautiful women... :drool:

Originally posted by Symbol

What was this post about again? Kind of lost track after seeing the "table" of sushi...

Oh yeah, sushi. Yeah, I like sushi. Maybe I can talk my wife into serving me sushi like the lady in the pics...

Mmmmmmmmm, sushi served on beautiful women... :drool:

thats illegal!

...:secret: psssst i know a place in baltimore that does it

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

Absolutely love it, although there are some things that I stay away from. Like the eggs, for instance.

Spicy Tuna roll is a favorite. Yellowtail is another.

I would give octopus a try, despite how it sounds. It's actually cooked (bolied) and it's delicious. It's called Tako.

Octopus-Tako.jpg

love yellowtail i could eat sushi everynight :)

the key to liking it is to make sure your first try is good, i would recommend for those interesting in trying sushi, go to a nice sushi place, even if it is a little $$ it is so worth it

stay away from grocery store sushi, unless it is from like wegmans, fresh fields, and even harris teeter

giant, safeway, trader joes is all nasty :puke:

Originally posted by Ancalagon the Black

One of the few perfect foods in this world.

Best sushi cities I've been to:

Tokyo

Vancouver

Sydney

San Francisco has decent sushi, but nothing that blows me away. Ebisu was overpriced.

try LA, had the best sushi ever there at this very cool hip sushi restaurant

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Sushi is an area where you will find the largest amount of snobs in regards to food. EVERYONE wants to claim that EVERYONE else is eating it wrong, eating the wrong thing, not knowledgable enough.

you are so off it isn't even funny

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

I work in a sushi bar... I know a lot of the good sushi chefs in the dc area. Sashimi is the jammy jam! The thing about sushi is finding a good sushi bar-- getting fresh highquality fish and making sure the sushi chef knows how to make the rice. 4 out 5 sushi bars are just plain terrible.

Never ever buy something premade/prepackaged.

now you know you have to hook up your boys :cheers:

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

I work club hours weekend only these days so I'm only around late night on fri-sat.

I think this is the place my wife has been talking about :)

Do you server sushi during the club hours?

I love it, my wife loves it, and my 12 year old daughter loves it. We have to go out on "all you can eat night" or we'll go broke.

Myself and my daughter are hard core. Squid, octopus, eel, conk, sea urchin, and of course tuna and salmon.

I'll be hitting the place tomorrow night;)

Love sushi! Eat it about once every other week and that's not nearly enough. Have to agree with ChocolateCity on the sashimi. Saw on a tv show once that the salt of a sushi chef is dictated by how well he makes sashimi and not the rolls...(I think that was on Iron Chef.)

Not a big fan of grocery store sushi but I have had some that was decent from Wegman's. Ironically, alot of sushi places around the NOVA area are Korean-owned and not Japanese but they can hold their own as well. However, the # of bad sushi places, greatly outweigh the # of good ones here. Going to have to try out saki.

OH, for those of you that live near the arlington area, they have a $10.95 ALL YOU CAN EAT sushi buffet during lunch (I believe it's 11am - 2pm). Worth it. I pack it in!

Forget to mention the restaurant. MATSUTAKI. It's not the best, but good enough for an all you can eat. And it's next to the Ballston mall.

EDIT: I'm not a fat guy, but with this avatar, I suddenly feel fat......I need to reach the next plateau before I get a complex:laugh:

For those that live near Reston there is a new Sushi place that has an all you can eat buffet during lunch off of Elden that is soooooooooooooooooo good. It is called Matsuri and they have a "Redskins Roll" which is like butter :D

Archived