Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When the Skins start 'winning' will Extremeskins be overrun?

footballhenry

Originally posted by Chachie

I'm sure a very large flock of fairweather and "new" fans will pour in but keep in mind that winning will drive away alot of TROLLS as well. ;)

I suspect we'll get a new influx of trolls as well, who are jealous our team is doing well and theirs suck

I'm not worried. :)

First of all, in my humble view, being swamped with new members because the team is winning will actually be a very nice "problem" to have.

Second, seems to me better to be swamped by happy Redskins fans (no matter how deep their burgundy blood flows) that the legions of trolls and relentless homegrown doomsayers that have become so prevalent of late anyway.

When the team is winning, the loudest complainers will lose the only real ammunition they have---"look at the results." It will be a pleasant turn indeed to use that little mantra in the other direction.

Life is what you make of it. :)

Originally posted by Om

I'm not worried. :)

First of all, in my humble view, being swamped with new members because the team is winning will actually be a very nice "problem" to have.

Second, seems to me better to be swamped by happy Redskins fans (no matter how deep their burgundy blood flows) that the legions of trolls and relentless homegrown doomsayers that have become so prevalent of late anyway.

When the team is winning, the loudest complainers will lose the only real ammunition they have---"look at the results." It will be a pleasant turn indeed to use that little mantra in the other direction.

Life is what you make of it. :)

Let us make sure however, to remember the true deep rooted Redskins fans. The ones who have remained faithful through the bad times. To the guys like us, Redskin success means just a little more then it does to everyone else.

I do agree somewhat, atleast there will be a new influx of opinions. Some bad, some good and some annoying. I think the added members will be a good thing in the short term, and a better thing in the long run. When the redskins keep winning, year after year, the trolls will get bored and go bother someone else =).

Originally posted by footballhenry

When the Skins start 'winning' will Extremeskins be overrun?

No offense, but I would worry about handling the winning part first and not the reaction of other fans. With the Redskins l-o-n-g track record of being out of it by end of December - I would definately change the word "when" to "if".

Don't put the cart before the horse when it comes to the Redskins and winning because there's much more proof to the contrary.

Originally posted by lame

No offense, but I would worry about handling the winning part first and not the reaction of other fans. With the Redskins l-o-n-g track record of being out of it by end of December - I would definately change the word "when" to "if".

Don't put the cart before the horse when it comes to the Redskins and winning because there's much more proof to the contrary.

You know what? You're right. I don't know why I even bother with any optimism. I think I'll go root for some other team. Too much proof to the contrary.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the concern. You'll be pleased to know we're already well on the way to "handling the winning part" even as you trol---er, we speak.

You want "proof?" As already demonstrated in your other thread, you can't handle the proof.

While I don't post much, I definitely read the posts here at least twice a day. I don't often feel the need to post, as the great minds at this website usually say what needs to be said. In my opinion, when we start winning more not too many more people will come here because fairweather fans don't go out of their way to support their teams. Heck, they won't so much as admit they are Redskins fans when we are losing. Then again, who knows what will happen when we start winning because we have only been in the playoffs two times during the internet's existance.

Lame,

like so many other people that come and talk down about the skins lately you are either really interested in seeing them succeed,

or concerned about them succeeding because they are playing your team this year, and maybe twice.

Originally posted by budski

Lame,

like so many other people that come and talk down about the skins lately you are either really interested in seeing them succeed,

or concerned about them succeeding because they are playing your team this year, and maybe twice.

Amen .. For some reason people are passionate one way or another about the skins.. How like a lot of people either love or hate the raiders. There isn't a lot of grey area..

I call it fear

I'm not 100% sure what some of you mean by "overrun" (especially given that we're running 33,000 strong already) but let me reassure everyone that regardless of the number of new registers still to come, we will continue to hold the discussion here to the standards we've striven so hard to maintain since our inception.

If an even greater explosion of new registers occurs, for whatever reason, you have our word that we'll take whatever steps are necessary to keep the train on the tracks.

And not to worry, we won't forget who's been on the train all along. :)

Being overrun *could* be problematic.

The unfortunate consequence of "excellence" is... popularity. And that means, you take the GOOD Redskins fans with the bad.

And you'll being to see hundreds of Sugawhites (personality wise, dumbing down conversation), 16-year old kids with the inability to add much to discussion or the lack of desire to discuss things beyond a sentence or single thought.

Those challenges are the responsibility of staff... to ensure the newcomers live up to the standard we've set.

And for the veterans to be patient during the process.... while we weed out the trollers, and try to direct the newbies accordingly.

I find, too often, most members don't appreciate the efforts of staff to help conform new members to board guidelines. They get impatient. Then they begin to (1) complain or (2) become intolerant.

So, an influx of new registrations has its pros and cons.

Originally posted by budski

Lame,

Well I know you won't understand this but actually my opinion on this post has absolutely nothing to do with the TEAM and everything to do with its fans.

Originally posted by Om

Thanks for the concern. You'll be pleased to know we're already well on the way to "handling the winning part" even as you trol---er, we speak.

You want "proof?"

Yes. See you in September-December when your words won't mean a thing.

Heard this stuff last offseason.

The offseason before.

The offseason before that.

The offseason before that.

And certainly He offseason before that.

Excuse me for being just a little bit cynical.

Well I know you won't understand this but actually my opinion on this post has absolutely nothing to do with the TEAM and everything to do with its fans.

Who peed in your wheeties anyways? Have you nothing better to do than hang around in the website of a team you obviously dislike and insult people you don't know? Are you lonely? Were you rejected by a female Redskins fan perhaps, or are you just bored b/c you live South Cacilac, where the only professional sports available are monster truck rallies and minor league professional wrestling. Does trailer park life just got you down? Whatever your problem is, the only thing you got right so far is your screen name.

Originally posted by footballhenry

Yeah, I mean there is no doubt this IS the BEST football forum on the net. (not tryin to suck up but its the truth:) )

Perhaps you guys (Die Hard, TK,etc.) should think about adding a special forum for the invaders:laugh:

are you kidding me, it's not only THE best football forum on the net, it's one of THE best sites on the net, period!!

Archived