Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington's statement regarding the shooting.

Art

I don't think he'll get sued by the security guard. - I would think there is a certain amount of assumed risk in the job description, not to mention it was reported this didn't happen on Levar's property. - It was someplace that was rented for the party.

Originally posted by flexxskins

I have'nt even heard anything mentioned about an investigation as to who shot the poor guy. Also, was it all NFL players in attendance or just Redskins players?

If it was like last years party they had, it is players from several different teams.

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

Well considering the article said that the party was hosted by Julian Peterson and Lavar Arrington I'd have to say that it wasn't just a redskins party...anyway it was for charity...

What? The "Find a new Gat Foundation?"

Originally posted by fansince62

"I don't know what parties you have gone to, but I can honestly say I've never seen a big party wind up with a shooting.

Nick"

lmao! That was my first thought also!

Really?

I can think of at least a dozen on memory that have.

Depends on the crowd, to be sure. But, this is not terribly abnormal.

Originally posted by Art

Really?

I can think of at least a dozen on memory that have.

Depends on the crowd, to be sure. But, this is not terribly abnormal.

Exactly. Parties that wind up in shootings are not out of the ordinary. Especially if alcohol is involved. (By the way, I'm not making any speculations).

Originally posted by Reaganaut

Lavar is going to get is a$$ sued.

If others at the party were in the line of fire to say, then yes.

The question we should be asking is why do athletes like Lavar and Peterson throw these parties to make money anyway??

With there names associated with the party you know some fellas are going to try and mess things up.

Originally posted by jbooma

The question we should be asking is why do athletes like Lavar and Peterson throw these parties to make money anyway??

With there names associated with the party you know some fellas are going to try and mess things up.

It was part of Arrington's annual charity weekend. It's not like they throw the parties to raise money for themselves.

you guys party out there on the frozen tundra :D

Oh yes. Indeed :).

But, guns have only been used at ONE of them up here. Your skin sticks to the metal too much to use it here.

Originally posted by Reaganaut

Lavar is going to get is a$$ sued.

Huh? I don't know what "in the line of fire to say" means, but assuming you mean that LaVar might face a non-frivolous suit if people other than the security guard were in the line of fire, please tell us what the cause of action (legal theory) would be.

If anyone's negligence contributed to the shooting, it would presumably be that of the security company LaVar hired -- and they would be independent contractors, so there would be no respondeat superior liability so LaVar wouldn't be liable for their conduct, even if it was negligent.

(I suppose it's conceivable that LaVar was or should have been aware that someone at the party was drinking too much and waving a gun around (muttering about ATV's) and that LaVar did or should have foreseen that something like the shooting might happen if he did not cut off the alcohol, but he nonetheless allowed the guy to continue drinking, and that drinking was a proximate cause of the shooting. But that seems extraordinarily unlikely.)

Of course we don't fully know what happened, but given the statement from the police and from LaVar it seems that he will face no sanctions, criminal, civil, or Redskinal.

Archived