Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Horry....

danbee

Is Robert Horry a hall of famer? He has six rings, with three different teams and he always makes the clutch game winning shots.

This debate was started on the radio out here in Cali and I was wondering what everybody else's thoughts were?

I think he should be in myself, but then again I'm not a huge basketball fan.

Originally posted by Fred Jones

No, he has just been extremely lucky to have played on many teams that won the championship.

Yeah because you know he didn't make any big shots or anything...I mean, scoring 21 of the teams 35 points the other night to keep the series going...that wasn't big or anything...

:doh:

Tough call. The guy pretty much sleeps through the regular season and comes alive in big games. Is that enough to put you into the Hall? I'm sure he's hit more game winners in big games then some of the guys in there already but they've no doubt contributed more on a consistent bases then he has.

I really wouldn't mind if he gets in, but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Besides the guy has 6 rings, no matter what happens he can be happy with his career.

Horry will get in he's the best role player on a CHAMPIONSHIP team ever. He may sleep through the regular season which he does admit. But he's hit more threes in the playoffs then any other player in history. He consistently steps up to take the big shot.

Christ that dunk he pulled a few games back was remarkable for a 38 year old dude. Then to turn around and nail the game winning shot that's clutch man and clutch in big games get you in.

Role Players shouldn't be in the hall of fame, just my opinion. Even though Horry might be one of the best role players of all time. This is the hall of fame people. What Horry did this year was phenomenal. but don't go overboard here. I wouldn't consider Horry lucky to win all these championships he helped get a lot of them.

Robert Horry SHOULD be considered for the Hall of Fame. Those people doing the considering should remember the bulk of his career and not a handfull of highlights. They should make the decision not to vote him in as a result.

Originally posted by GoSkinsGo

Horry will get in he's the best role player on a CHAMPIONSHIP team ever. He may sleep through the regular season which he does admit. But he's hit more threes in the playoffs then any other player in history. He consistently steps up to take the big shot.

Christ that dunk he pulled a few games back was remarkable for a 38 year old dude. Then to turn around and nail the game winning shot that's clutch man and clutch in big games get you in.

So then Steve Kerr and John Paxson deserve to get in too huh?

Horry is a role player :doh:. A stiff who benefits from the double teaming of the superstars on his team.

I guess Greg Kite(backup center for the 80's Celtics ) should be in too because he scored points in a Finals game too?

I think he will be in the just based on he's post season numbers.

The notion tha he sleeps through the post season maybe a valid one but everyone will problably forget about the regular season and just remember what he did in the finals.

Originally posted by danbee

I think he will be in the just based on he's post season numbers.

The notion tha he sleeps through the post season maybe a valid one but everyone will problably forget about the regular season and just remember what he did in the finals.

What is so impressive about his postseason numbers that he deserves to get in?

What is the state of the fans when they think a career 10PPG postseason player should be in the hall of fame. The Hall is reserved for the greatest players of all time. Horry does not come close to being among those. I know America likes to root for the underdog, but please people.:rolleyes:

Horry was on PTI tonight and he chuckled when he was asked if he thought he belonged in the Hall. He said NO!. His point was that his best scoring year he only averaged 12pts per game.

The stats are not there for him to be even considered to be one of the best of the best. He's kind of the opposite of what some critics say of Art Monk.

He's not good enough throughout the entire game(s) to be in the hall if you ask me. I think it would be disrespectful to the players in the hall who play hard and good for entire games. Keep in mind, I LOVE Robert Horry. I love the game winners he's hit, I love to watch him in clutch situations, but his clutch shots arent enough and shouldnt be enough to get him in the hall.

Agreed. Mind you, the man has a knack for putting those nails in the coffin during the playoffs. Guy ruined more than one day with a clutch 3 pointer in the waning moments of a close game or one that set his team on fire for the remainder of a game. No doubt he showed up when absolutley needed, but the fame? Probably not. Still a good player though. One that alot of teams would want in the situations described above.

Archived