Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Horry....

danbee

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

So then Steve Kerr and John Paxson deserve to get in too huh?

Horry is a role player :doh:. A stiff who benefits from the double teaming of the superstars on his team.

I guess Greg Kite(backup center for the 80's Celtics ) should be in too because he scored points in a Finals game too?

I wouldn't exactly call Horry a stiff. I think he has performed and contributed more to help his teams win than GREG KITE for goodness sake but I agree Horry is not a Hall of Famer by any stretch.

Guest Gichin13
Originally posted by Leonard Washington

i think he will be...eventually. i mean guys like dominique wilkins , hubie brown, joe dumars, dennis johnson, and a. dantley aint in there yet.

If Dumars is not in there, no way should Horry.

I love Horry's game, been a big fan from his rookie year. He has made major contributions on all his championship clubs ...

But seriously, how in the world can you enshrine a guy who average 7.5 ppg, 9.0 ppg in the playoffs? He has had some big games, but no way now how is he at that level for me. Dumars averge 16+ per game (with four late seasons at 11-14 dragging it down), 4.5 apg, and was all world defense year after year.

Dantley averaged 24.3 ppg, 3 apg, and 5.7 rpg for 15 seasons and was robbed of a championship ring or two by Isiah's spite.

Dominque average 24.8 for 15 seasons, 6.7 rpg, 2.5 apg .... and was one of the most exciting players ever.

DJ is the close comparison given his performance in season versus in the playoffs, but even he average 14.1 ppg for 14 seasons. That is twice as many points. That is the difference between being a consistent force and a role player with some big moments.

Archived