Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just heard on the radio

Skillari

I wonder why the DA is being such a hardass in this case?

This will do nothing but highlight poor application of an overly zealous law and not bring very good publicity.

Unless we really don't know the story or the DA wants to put the fear of God into gun owners in the state of Florida.

The state would not have made that offer if they had a strong case. They would push for the max otherwise. Sounds like probation if he is somehow convicted.

http://theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=2854

“Assistant state attorney Michael Greicod said the charges involve three victims. He would not comment on the substance of the case but said Taylor faces a maximum prison term of 16 years.”

This will be the EASIEST case in the world to win for Taylor if the facts are as they appear. Apparently two gentlemen who FIRED handguns that night, told the police they did so because of a mild scuffle with Taylor's crew where Taylor held a weapon.

So, the greater crime of firing a weapon is not yet even in the system, but even if completely true, the more mild charge of pointing one is in the system. Another example of how very frequently high profile people get treated unfairly when it comes to bringing cases like this.

If this was a case involving regular folks we know it would already be over with no charges even contemplated.

Originally posted by Art

This will be the EASIEST case in the world to win for Taylor if the facts are as they appear. Apparently two gentlemen who FIRED handguns that night, told the police they did so because of a mild scuffle with Taylor's crew where Taylor held a weapon. So, the greater crime of firing a weapon is not yet even in the system, but even if completely true, the more mild charge of pointing one is in the system. Another example of how very frequently high profile people get treated unfairly when it comes to bringing cases like this. If this was a case involving regular folks we know it would already be over with no charges even contemplated.

You have got to be joking. If Taylor pulled the gun first then of course State prosecutors are going to try and make an example out of him and it has nothing to do with him being a NFL player. Now I am not saying that he should get 3 years. But if I were the prosecutor, I would not settle for anything less then 90 days in jail and 3 years probation. HE BROKE THE FREAKIN LAW. Quit feeling sorry for him. You can not pull a gun unless you feel that your life is in danger. Let’s see... Taylor chased them down and pulled the gun before any shots were fired. Hm.... Yup! He's guilty. If I were Taylor I would pray that I only get 90 days. Let’s hope that is all he gets. Maybe this will teach him a lesson. He is a punk kid with a lot of money and somebody needs to set him straight before he ruins his NFL career.

Originally posted by gimpy007

You have got to be joking. If Taylor pulled the gun first then of course State prosecutors are going to try and make an example out of him and it has nothing to do with him being a NFL player. Now I am not saying that he should get 3 years. But if I were the prosecutor, I would not settle for anything less then 90 days in jail and 3 years probation. HE BROKE THE FREAKIN LAW. Quit feeling sorry for him. You can not pull a gun unless you feel that your life is in danger. Let’s see... Taylor chased them down and pulled the gun before any shots were fired. Hm.... Yup! He's guilty. If I were Taylor I would pray that I only get 90 days. Let’s hope that is all he gets. Maybe this will teach him a lesson. He is a punk kid with a lot of money and somebody needs to set him straight before he ruins his NFL career.

What would make you think I'm kidding. If the story we've seen to this point is COMPLETELY true, Taylor is already in the system for the very mild charge of pointing a gun at someone. Meanwhile, two people who fired guns, have nothing pending against them.

I do not, in any way, feel sorry for Taylor. I feel greatly relieved the facts are coming out as they are, as it is increasingly evident Taylor did not break the law in the slightest, and, even if he did, it was such a mild charge violation, nothing will likely come of it. But, EVEN if he did, he did it against gentlemen with criminal backgrounds who in attempting to get out of gun charges against them offered up this story.

This is the stuff you want to see if you've been accused of something as it's so easy to get off. Now, if the facts change, obviously, so must the thoughts one has about it. I just don't see that you are able to process the evidence as you've seen it and have already decided Taylor did break the law when there's no evidence he actually did, save the word of two criminals who themselves were caught firing weapons.

Did they pass a lie detector though?

Indeed, after reading your post, I would hope you are joshing a little in declaring Taylor broke the law when it is increasingly evident he did not, in any way, break the law.

Originally posted by gimpy007

If I'm not mistaken if he is found guilty 3 years is the min. in Florida. I wouldn't count on 90 days.

He is a millionare he will get off guilty or not. Can you imagine the state calling two ATV stealing Thugs walking in the court room with gold teeth and dreads Seans big money Lawyer would eat it up and have the "victims" put in a poor light for sure.

i have to agree with art , its pretty much sean taylor's word against two guys who admit they fired a weapon , taylor said he didnt have a gun and passed a lie detector test which is more than i can say about the two who already admitted having and firing a gun ...

Originally posted by Art

If the story we've seen to this point is COMPLETELY true, Taylor is already in the system for the very mild charge of pointing a gun at someone.

... it is increasingly evident he did not, in any way, break the law.

To play devils' advocate for a sec.... the details of this case have been reported almost 100% by the same news sources that we slam in here on a daily basis for inconsistencies and factual errors. :)

Now we're relying on these same papers / media publications to reinforce our beliefs that ST is in fact innocent.

Originally posted by zoony

To play devils' advocate for a sec.... the details of this case have been reported almost 100% by the same news sources that we slam in here on a daily basis for inconsistencies and factual errors. :)

Now we're relying on these same papers / media publications to reinforce our beliefs that ST is in fact innocent.

There's a difference between public record reporting, as police reports are, and other types of reporting. It's hard to misread public records. But, I don't presume the story is correct, which is why I said, "IF" the story is completely true. And, it's why I said if we find out the story is different we have to adjust our thinking to account for that.

Initially, remember, the story was Taylor fired a weapon. It's already changed to this.

That's what happens when sports reporters start guessing on a story, then are supplied facts they can't mistake. At least as factual as public records are at this point in the proceedings.

Originally posted by Art

There's a difference between public record reporting, as police reports are, and other types of reporting. It's hard to misread public records.

valid point.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that what we're hearing is true.

I just hope we get the truth, whatever that may be, and that the Judge/Jury make a fair decision.

Originally posted by Kilmer

Unless we really don't know the story or the DA wants to put the fear of God into gun owners in the state of Florida.

Yeah,, this is confusing to me, too,, since FLA seems ready to embrace a state FULL of people carrying guns and able to use them at the slightest provocation.

Didn't Jeb sign a law that says you can shoot to kill if you even feel threatened in FLA? Didn't they remove the statute that says you must attempt flight? As I read their new law, anyone who feels in imminent danger, whether the other guy has a visible weapon or not, is allowed to shoot to kill.

Link to story if you never heard this

Considering all that, the rest of this stuff seems entirely out of place. How do you have mandatory sentencing laws on one hand for using a firearm, and on the other hand advocate using a firearm as freely as the new law allows? Seriously, by the way they go about things, it would seem to me that simply pulling and pointing a gun is a fine way to get folks to listen to you down there.

Noe of this makes much sense to me. Seriously,, is Florida where we've been storing retarded people for the last few decades?

~Bang

Archived