Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No respect for Joey T.

Bazooka Tooth

I was in a sports store the other day and happened upon a authentic Theismann jersey in burgundy. First of all I was surprised because I rarely find skins memorabilia in Denver. Second thing that shocked me was that it was on the half off rack. I convinced the guy at the store to give me another 10 percent off because it had a tiny dot on it which I cleaned off when I got it home.

It was amazing to me that Joey T. gets that little respect. He was a great player. I was happy to get my hands on an authentic Joey T. throwback for 45 beans. Amazing deal, and a great jersey I look forward to wearing for this upcoming season. HAIL.

:helmet:

Originally posted by Bazooka Tooth

I was in a sports store the other day and happened upon a authentic Theismann jersey in burgundy. First of all I was surprised because I rarely find skins memorabilia in Denver. Second thing that shocked me was that it was on the half off rack. I convinced the guy at the store to give me another 10 percent off because it had a tiny dot on it which I cleaned off when I got it home.

It was amazing to me that Joey T. gets that little respect. He was a great player. I was happy to get my hands on an authentic Joey T. throwback for 45 beans. Amazing deal, and a great jersey I look forward to wearing for this upcoming season. HAIL.

:helmet:

That's awesome....congrats on the find. I would definitely sport a Thiesmann throwback; I've got a Riggins throwback that is too big (I bought it on ebay while severely inebriated) and I would also like a Darrell Green jersey.

Thiesmann has a lot of mouth and ego that irritates some people, I guess.

But he was a good QB for us... and tough (how many QBs do you see play with just one bar across thier helmet now). :)

Wear the jersey with Redskin pride. Thiesmann probably won't ever make it to the Hall of Fame. But he is in the Redskins Ring of Fame.

I love the play in Super Bowl XVII when Thiesmann threw a pass that was batted at the LoS. Normally, most QBs just watch the football sail back over thier heads cause it happens so fast, they don't react.

However, Thiesmann IMMEADIATELY turned around and ran back to the ball, knocking it out of a Dolphins defensive player's hands and saving what would've been an easy TD for Miami.

That was a great play. Thiesmann was a fighter. :)

Joey T gets no respect. Even in here. I'll go on record saying that I like him as an announcer - heck, he's probably one of my favorites. He's one of the more knowledgeable guys out there - yet he doesn't insult the average fan's intelligence when explaining things. As a player, he got us a SB, so how could we complain?

Originally posted by dannyboy70

Joey T gets no respect. Even in here. I'll go on record saying that I like him as an announcer - heck, he's probably one of my favorites. He's one of the more knowledgeable guys out there - yet he doesn't insult the average fan's intelligence when explaining things. As a player, he got us a SB, so how could we complain?

Right on! Bottom line . . . he has a SB ring that he earned with guts, hard work, and leadership. Not too many people get a chance to even be on a super bowl team, let alone play the most important position (as the field general) in the biggest sporting event in the world; and to come through in the clutch. I'd much rather have a SB ring, have my Jersey retired by the franchise I played with and be rated as one of the 70 greatest players to play for that organization . . . than to be another face on a wall of "great" statistical players, no disrespect to Marino or Fouts. But I tell you this, they can deny it all they want and say that they feel more gratified being in the HOF than winning a SB, and I don't blame them for thinking this way, but it is no secret every player plays the game to be a champion (albiet some are more concerned with their personla achievements). Not saying those players who never won it aren't great . There are several other divisional and conference champions who never got the SB ring. But I will never believe that a player would not rather have won a SB ring than be in the HOF.

I love him as a sports announcer, now Chris Collingsworth . . . he's a joke and IMO is a disgrace to the broadcasting community with some of the most outright ignorant statements he makes about player personalities and character. He acts like he knows these guys in and out. he needs to quit his bashing and talk football. In the words of napolean Dynamite "he's a friggin IDIOT!"

Theisman keeps his announcing and words to what he knows best, andthat's X's and O's on the field. I think he is one of the better announcers and he obviously has a passion for broadcasting the game, which makes him much easier to listen to rather than someone (CC) who just talks about a player when the ball happens to come their way. he never sidesteps issues over biases, whether they be Redskins or Cowboys. He is a straight shooter and he knows his stuff. Theisman is a true Redskin, always has been and always will be! Hail to em!

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

If you are talking about the long sleave sweater jersey from reebok it is barley authentic and is on half off racks around the country:laugh: I picked one up for 50 bucks in Tampa a couple of years ago.

Wrong. It is not a sweater jersey.

Originally posted by SkinsGuy

Thiesmann has a lot of mouth and ego that irritates some people, I guess.

But he was a good QB for us... and tough (how many QBs do you see play with just one bar across thier helmet now). :)

Wear the jersey with Redskin pride. Thiesmann probably won't ever make it to the Hall of Fame. But he is in the Redskins Ring of Fame.

I love the play in Super Bowl XVII when Thiesmann threw a pass that was batted at the LoS. Normally, most QBs just watch the football sail back over thier heads cause it happens so fast, they don't react.

However, Thiesmann IMMEADIATELY turned around and ran back to the ball, knocking it out of a Dolphins defensive player's hands and saving what would've been an easy TD for Miami.

That was a great play. Thiesmann was a fighter. :)

LOVED that play when I witnessed it...fantastic heads-up play, it helped lead to that Super Bowl victory. :cheers:

Originally posted by Dick Edds

Right on! Bottom line . . . he has a SB ring that he earned with guts, hard work, and leadership. Not too many people get a chance to even be on a super bowl team, let alone play the most important position (as the field general) in the biggest sporting event in the world; and to come through in the clutch. I'd much rather have a SB ring, have my Jersey retired by the franchise I played with and be rated as one of the 70 greatest players to play for that organization . . . than to be another face on a wall of "great" statistical players, no disrespect to Marino or Fouts. But I tell you this, they can deny it all they want and say that they feel more gratified being in the HOF than winning a SB, and I don't blame them for thinking this way, but it is no secret every player plays the game to be a champion (albiet some are more concerned with their personla achievements). Not saying those players who never won it aren't great . There are several other divisional and conference champions who never got the SB ring. But I will never believe that a player would not rather have won a SB ring than be in the HOF.

I love him as a sports announcer, now Chris Collingsworth . . . he's a joke and IMO is a disgrace to the broadcasting community with some of the most outright ignorant statements he makes about player personalities and character. He acts like he knows these guys in and out. he needs to quit his bashing and talk football. In the words of napolean Dynamite "he's a friggin IDIOT!"

Theisman keeps his announcing and words to what he knows best, andthat's X's and O's on the field. I think he is one of the better announcers and he obviously has a passion for broadcasting the game, which makes him much easier to listen to rather than someone (CC) who just talks about a player when the ball happens to come their way. he never sidesteps issues over biases, whether they be Redskins or Cowboys. He is a straight shooter and he knows his stuff. Theisman is a true Redskin, always has been and always will be! Hail to em!

Nicely put. :cheers:

Love Joey T.

Everything that I loved about Joey T was summed up in a story Joe Gibbs told about him a few years ago. It was the 1982 snow game at RFK against the Giants (the one where Moseley set the record). Theismann's having a rough day (2 or 3 picks and is being beat up). The Skins are losing by 10 or 14 points. The nail in the coffin was Theismann getting his front teeth knocked out and coming to the sideline his face was a mess. Gibbs thinks to himself, "If there's ever a time someone should shut it down and come back to fight another day it would be right now".

Theismann not only stayed in the game he led the Skins back and made some nice throws to drive the Skins for Moseley's winning FG.

We need as many Joe Theismann's on this team as possible.

Congrats on the jersey. Wear it with pride.

:cheers:

Originally posted by qb18_200400

those jerseys are called replithentics, they are the 2004 series and are all 49.99. they used to be 125.00.

Really. I did not know that. The one that they have on Redskins.com is not the same though. That one is silk screen and the one I found is stitched. I was happy none the less with the find out in Denver.

Originally posted by Dick Edds

Well said. - I've said before that I'd like to see that crew get an ex-defensive player to come in the booth with Theisman and Patrick. - someone who's played in the last 10 or 15 years. -That'd be the perfect combo.

Collinsworth has actually gotten better, but I agree - he is way too pesimistic about his comments. It tends to takes the fun out of it at times.

I never thought I'd say this, but Aikmen has turned into a pretty decent commentator. Out of any ex-player who has a reason to be biased against us, it's him. - I have a new respect for him.

BTW, I'd buy a Theisman jersey for $45 in a second.

Concidering the QB position has become a revolving door (minus the five years of Rypien) in Washington, I would think the eight years Theismann spent leading the Redskins would garner more respect than it has.

From Redskins.com 70 Greatest Redskins:

Holds a number of team records including most career pass attempts (3,602); most career pass completions (2,044); and most consecutive passes without an interception (162)… He is also the Redskins’ all-time passing yardage leader with 25,206 total… Led the Redskins to the Super Bowl XVII win, and a return visit to the Championship in 1983… Pro Bowler in both 1982 and 83.

http://www.redskins.com/team/history-70.jsp

:logo:

yeh, I hate how by the jersey sizing, a medium is 48 when usually it is 38-40. I bought this Samuels 70 greatest redskins jersey on clearance for 30$ yesterday, contemplating whether to keep it still since its only Samuels, granted hes guaranteed a good few years with that contract.

Joe Theisman is the single most accomplished Redskin QB since Sammy Baugh. He was an EXCELLENT field general and he came up in the Redskin system by doing it the hard way. (Special teams.)

Some Redskin fans may not like him, but Joey T is an all-time great Redskin and a VERY good NFL retiree.

Archived