Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No respect for Joey T.

Bazooka Tooth

(how many QBs do you see play with just one bar across thier helmet now).

I believe that facemask has since been outlawed by the league. I remember hearing someone (Tom Brady I think) stating that they wanted to wear that facemask buy the league wouldn't allow it.

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

I believe that facemask has since been outlawed by the league. I remember hearing someone (Tom Brady I think) stating that they wanted to wear that facemask buy the league wouldn't allow it.

I'm not even sure if the kickers/punters are allowed to wear that helmet anymore......

I think Bryan Barker did a few years back and it led to a Broken Nose......not sure about that though.

Hey guys, thanks for the kudos. I did my best.

I'm lippy, but I know the game and tell it like it is:laugh:

Just kidding, but I really liked Joey as a player and even now I like his observations of the game as you can tell by my sig.

He was colorful as a player and still is today as an analyst.

To each, his own............go Joey

When I was a little kid Joey T had his restaurant in Vienna where That's Amore is now. I happened to be there one night and he was sitting at the table next to us. He called me over, talked to me, gave me an autograph picture and was really nice. Good memories of him.

Also I think it wouldn't be uncommon to find a jersey at a cheap price when the athlete on the shirt isn't from that area, know what I mean? The demand here for a Joey T jersey would be more than a place like denver. But you'd find an Elway jersey cheaper here than you would in denver.

I think why some Skins fans don't quite respect him is because of his questionable behavior the week leading up to Super Bowl 18 against the Raiders.

I believe he did apologize to the team afterwards for losing that game.

That could be it, who knows, I know had he won that Super Bowl he'd be considered the greatest QB to have come through these parts

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

When I was a little kid Joey T had his restaurant in Vienna where That's Amore is now. I happened to be there one night and he was sitting at the table next to us. He called me over, talked to me, gave me an autograph picture and was really nice. Good memories of him.

Also I think it wouldn't be uncommon to find a jersey at a cheap price when the athlete on the shirt isn't from that area, know what I mean? The demand here for a Joey T jersey would be more than a place like denver. But you'd find an Elway jersey cheaper here than you would in denver.

Exactly my friend. The jersey was already marked 50% off, but I found a minor mark on the number on the front. I showed it to the owner and asked if he could mark it down since it had the mark. He said "it is already half off." I said "who else are you going to sell this to out here?" He agreed and took another 10% off. The best part was when I got it home I used a wet paper towell, and the spot came right off. :logo:

Archived