Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins in violation as per football talk.com (Merged)

bsmsss

profootballtalk.com is reporting skins maybe in trouble

there web page dan is using instead of using the media has video showing skins doing 1 on 1 drills--a no no during off season work outs

why is dan always doing stupid things like video taping practices for his web page--

dan let the coaches and gibbs run things please--sit back and just own the team and write checks

In what video were we "caught" doing one-on-one drills?

There is an old picture of Taylor Jacobs from last year's minicamp as the thumbnail for a video... but where were we doing one-on-ones? Seriously.

Maybe there is one, and I just haven't seen it.

I can't speak to what the regs are regarding 1 on 1 drills, but I think you'd be hard pressed to prove anything with the very limited video being shown on redskins.com.

Regardless, Snyder and the Redskins are trying to offer the fan an inside view and on the field access to whats going on with our team. Beating Mr. Snyder over the head for some percieved 'problem' because his staff is trying to do something nice for fans is a little misguided.

And even if there was a problem with any of the video's being shown, it'd be the marketing/public relations folks that'd be responsible, not Mr. Snyder.

Much ado about nothing.

Sometimes I think we really don't need Philly and Dallas fans to attack the organization. We've got plenty of our own for that.

Originally posted by bsmsss

there web page dan is using instead of using the media has video showing skins doing 1 on 1 drills--a no no during off season work outs

why is dan always doing stupid things like video taping practices for his web page--

dan let the coaches and gibbs run things please--sit back and just own the team and write checks

I don't think this will fly, No body's in pads doing full contact. i think we'll be fine.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Much ado about nothing.

Sometimes I think we really don't need Philly and Dallas fans to attack the organization. We've got plenty of our own for that.

BINGO !!!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Much ado about nothing.

Too true, Tarhog.

With some so-called fans like those, this team doesn't need any enemies. :)

The rules for offseason workouts are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the NFLPA. They can be found here. There is nothing in these rules that specifies one-on-one drills cannot be conducted. There are however limits to contact drills:

Section 4. Contact: There will be no contact work (e.g., “live” blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump‑and‑run) or use of pads (helmets permitted) at minicamps.

That's what you get for reading PFT.:laugh:

Originally posted by Sknzfan

BINGO !!!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Good ol' Bsmsss is at it again I see. Different board, same M.O. Bs and I are regulars on the AOL Grandstand boards. He is a Skins fan that is very negative and skeptical of everything. We learned there to take his posts with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by China

The rules for offseason workouts are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the NFLPA. They can be found here. There is nothing in these rules that specifies one-on-one drills cannot be conducted. There are however limits to contact drills:

Good find China.

Originally posted by bsmsss

:rubeyes: Okay, ( reaches for bsmsss to english translation book).

profootballtalk.com is reporting the Skins may be in trouble. On their,( Redskins), web page,( Which Dan is using instead of the traditional media outlets), there is apparently video showing Skins players doing 1 on 1 drills. According to pft, this is a no no during offseason workouts. :whew:

Went to the page and will not post the link or story here, but in the brief "rumor" the man actually uses this as his reference as opposed to what was posted above. :rolleyes:

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=4429

Teams are allowed to run fully organized practices on OTA days and also have short classroom meetings. However, there may be no contact on the field and one-on-one drills (e.g. cornerbacks against receivers) are not allowed.

:doh:

Originally posted by China

bingo!

Here's the full text from NFLPA covering voluntary offseason workouts:

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Complete#art35

OFF-SEASON WORKOUTS

Section 1. Voluntary Workouts: No player shall be required to attend or participate in any off‑season workout program or classroom instruction of a Club other than as provided in Article XXXVI (Minicamps). Any other Club off‑season workout programs and classroom instruction sessions shall be voluntary and take place in the manner and time period set forth in this Article.

Section 2. Time Periods: (a) Subject to the limitations in subsection (B) below, from the end of the previous NFL season until the opening of training camp, Clubs may schedule or conduct off-season workout programs for no more than fourteen total weeks, and no more than four workouts per week, for any individual player. Such workout programs shall not be permitted on weekends. During such workout programs, there may be no more than fourteen (14) days of organized team practice activity, to be defined by the Player/Club Operations Committee. Nothing herein shall prevent a Club from permitting an individual player to work-out on his own on weekends using Club facilities if he wishes to do so.

(B) Each year off-season workout programs may not begin, and players may not be asked to voluntarily attend any such program, earlier than a date to be agreed upon by the Management Council and the NFLPA, and announced before the conclusion of the prior regular season; for 2002 only, that date is agreed to be March 25, 2002. Each year on a date to be agreed upon by the parties, each Club shall provide the Management Council and the NFLPA with the Club's schedule for its off-season workout program that year, and shall advise the Management Council and the NFLPA in writing in advance of any changes to that schedule.

© During the off-season program period, except for the fourteen days of organized team practice activity and mini-camps, players may be (1) at the Club facility no more than four hours per day, no more than four days per week, and not during weekends; and (2) on the field no more than ninety minutes per day. In addition, the Club may not specify to any player more than two specific hours a day during which it suggests that the player be at club facilities. Any player participating in an off-season workout program may select the other two hours in which he wishes to attend to conduct his weight training, etc., as long as he does so during the hours of operations of the Club's weight room.

* Extension Agreement 1/8/02

Section 3. Payment: Each player shall receive at least the following amounts per day for any workouts or classroom instruction in which he participates pursuant to a Club's voluntary off-season workout program, provided the player fulfills the Club's reasonable off-season workout requirements: $90 during the 2002 League Year; $100 during the 2003-04 League Years; $110 for the 2005-06 League Years; and $120 for the 2007 League Year.

* Extension Agreement 1/8/02

Section 4. Injuries: Any player injured during off‑season workouts will be protected in the same manner as if injured during the Club’s pre‑season training camp, provided he is working out at the Club’s facility under the direction of a Club official.

Section 5. Miscellaneous: No Club official shall indicate to a player that the Club’s off‑season workout program or classroom instruction is not voluntary (or that a player’s failure to participate in a workout program or classroom instruction will result in the player’s failure to make the Club). Contact work (e.g., “live” blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump‑and‑run) is expressly prohibited in all off‑season workouts. All Clubs, coaches and other Club officials shall follow all of the rules regarding off-season workouts set forth in Appendix L hereto.

The Redskins are not doing anything in their OTA's that runs afoul of any rule ... nor anything different from practically every other NFL team. If anyone can find a "bump and run" video from OTA's (not the rookie camp from earlier, and not Joe or Coy Gibbs providing "coverage" at the line), I'd be very surprised indeed.

Apparently PFT is simply even more bored than usual.

Oh..and bsmsss. A little background on that whole "Dan" using web page thing.

From Pez

Since it seems that the Redskins are choosing to relay news directly to the fans via the website, rather than using the standard media outlets (WP, etc), What are your plans for the future in relation to redskins.com?

quote:

Karl Swanson

We are not in any way abandoning traditional news outlets. They’ll still cover us and we will do everything we need to do to support them in that. That’s not it at all.

The whole effort that is being called Redskins Unfiltered is basically a result of the convergence of technology and timing. We looked about five years ago into putting video on our web site. At that time the cost of the equipment, the bandwidth, everything associated with it was well, well over a million dollars.

We put that on the shelf.

Fast forward to this January when Coach Gibbs said he wanted to find ways to speak directly to the fans and connect with them more closely. He went on radio to do that, and since he’s the president of this team, we looked for other ways we could do that. We revisited the issue and discovered, which anyone who buys computers or works with computers will tell you, oh my goodness, in five years the cost of doing this has dropped dramatically.

We looked into it a little further and said, “Well, coach, this can help us supplement what you want to do.” There’s no secret. The frustration of holding a 15-minute press conference to talk about reasons why we let Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot move on in free agency, it gets reduced to two sentences or three sentences in a newspaper and 20 seconds on T.V. and you look at it and go, “But I had so much more to say.”

We said why don’t we just video in the short term and go live and let the fans watch the press conferences themselves. So, this is just basically an effort to let our fans see and hear the sights and sounds behind the news they see, hear and read from here at Redskins Park.

So if there’s a news conference it’ll be on Redskins.com. When the coach holds his post practice media session, it’ll be on Redskins.com. Fans can then take in the entire interview without the inherent media filter that stands between the team and the fans.

Along the way will we supplement that by doing interviews and little feature stories if you will? Absolutely. Why not? It’s fun. It allows the people to see things they’ve never been able to see before and never would.

I’ll give you a couple of examples.

Last week when we signed Santana Moss. We couldn’t announce that we signed Santana Moss, but we said, you know what, let’s let people know. His agent is here. Three minutes after his agent walks out the door of this building, it’s going to be on ESPN and everyone else the agent chooses to call, because that’s the way it works. So, let’s interview the agent, because the agent can say, “My client is going to sign a contract.”

And we did, so, anyone who saw that knew at 3 or 4 in the afternoon that we’d reached a contract agreement with Santana Moss. Oddly enough, the next morning, the Washington Post had a story that said the Redskins reportedly have reached a new contract agreement with Santana Moss.

Well, your guys, because I know you discussed it on your site, knew about that 12 hours earlier. That’s fun.

By the same token, we’re in the middle of putting together some little back stage things here. We’ve put tape up of just a raw practice – sights and sounds. We’ve had one of our strength coaches sort of go through the weight room. We’ve got a fun, fun piece that we hope to have up in two parts later this week of the equipment room.

You get to see how they make a helmet. You get to see who’s got what size shoes. You get to see the washing machines and the dryers and what not. Is it going to win an Emmy? No.

But if you’re a fan of this team, it’s kind of fun and kind of cool to know what goes in to all this stuff

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101922&highlight=swanson

Originally posted by Tarhog

I can't speak to what the regs are regarding 1 on 1 drills, but I think you'd be hard pressed to prove anything with the very limited video being shown on redskins.com.

Regardless, Snyder and the Redskins are trying to offer the fan an inside view and on the field access to whats going on with our team. Beating Mr. Snyder over the head for some percieved 'problem' because his staff is trying to do something nice for fans is a little misguided.

And even if there was a problem with any of the video's being shown, it'd be the marketing/public relations folks that'd be responsible, not Mr. Snyder.

Tarhog, I have to agree that I applaud the Redskins for providing us with rich content in terms of video footage. I have been a Redskins fan for 23 years and have never been to RFK Stadium or FedEx Field or seen any footage of workouts. SO FOR ME THIS IS REALLY INCREDIBLE AND QOOL TO FINALLY SEE WHAT GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENES AND SEE SOME OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS WORKOUT. This, in part, is worth the $50 a month I pay for a high speed broadband Internet connection.

ROD

Archived