Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So now the excuses come out for Dak

bh32

Like the title says every Cowboys fan is making nothing but excuses for a guy that they said all offseason was gonna be the next Tom Brady and was already a top 10 QB...The guy has been exposed, He is nothing but a game manager and very inaccurate beyond 10 yards...If teams can take away the run game and congest the short/middle of the field he will fail..I have never seen the guy complete a deep out or any pass that the receiver wasn't wide open except for the throw it up to Dez and hope for a prayer type of pass..Nick Foles comes to mind when i think of Dak's miracle play last year..

agree that crowning him the next great QB is premature but I'm hesitant to declare a second year QB "exposed" after looking bad against that Broncos defense.  They've made a lot of offenses look broken, some with great experiences QBs.  

If anything was exposed against the Broncos it was the cowboy's defense.  

On 9/19/2017 at 4:37 PM, Destino said:

agree that crowning him the next great QB is premature but I'm hesitant to declare a second year QB "exposed" after looking bad against that Broncos defense.  They've made a lot of offenses look broken, some with great experiences QBs.  

If anything was exposed against the Broncos it was the cowboy's defense.  

Tyrod Taylor had a better game against the Broncos than Dak 

4 hours ago, bh32 said:

LMAO..you just can't make this **** up...They have a thread going on Dak vs Brady..who would you choose? Like really? They have to have the dumbest ****ing fans that i have ever seen..

True, but he is nowhere near as bad as this thread makes him out to be, and I can't stand the cowpukes as much as anyone here.

I don't think Dak has looked bad, he just hasn't looked much better then he did last season.  Basically the same.  He is still young though.  It is hard to make any final judgement on what his ceiling is.  If the Cowboys keep winning games with him as QB, the media will tend to give him the benefit of the doubt more than not despite what his stat lines look like, where as if they start losing and it looks to be directly related to facing a run-stuffing team that forced Dak to shoulder the offense and he fails? That is when the media will go wild.

On 10/01/2017 at 2:38 AM, eaglesfandan said:

True, but he is nowhere near as bad as this thread makes him out to be, and I can't stand the cowpukes as much as anyone here.

Dak plays a lot worse than our guy without an elite running game but Daks running game put up almost 200 yards. :rofl89:

18 hours ago, bh32 said:

Dak barely completed 50% of his passes,he is a check down king..LMAO

I don't think Dak is A. Rodgers or Tom Brady....  but I don't know how many rookie QBs drafted in the 4th round that led their team to a 13-3 record with only 4 ints all season and brought their team back from a 21 point deficit in the playoffs to make up for having a bad defense against GB and almost pulling it out.

I see you say he is a check down king.  The young guy has thrown down field plenty of times in games Ive seen them play.  Im not saying you don't know what you are talking about, but maybe you just missed those particular games he went deep and not just check downs.  

1 hour ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Is tr1 back??? Lol

LOL no..Im just pointing out how the mighty has fallen..Last year I and everyone had to hear how great Dak was and how he was a top 10QB and was the next Brady while everyone ignored his shortcomings..He benefited from a great OL and running attack last year..notice how he dosen't have 7+ seconds to sit back and scan the field? it's not a coincidence that his play or Zeke's have suffered..The OL is not nearly as good as last year and now he is showing what he truely is..

10 minutes ago, bh32 said:

LOL no..Im just pointing out how the mighty has fallen..Last year I and everyone had to hear how great Dak was and how he was a top 10QB and was the next Brady while everyone ignored his shortcomings..He benefited from a great OL and running attack last year..notice how he dosen't have 7+ seconds to sit back and scan the field? it's not a coincidence that his play or Zeke's have suffered..The OL is not nearly as good as last year and now he is showing what he truely is..

No qb can show what they truely are in just 21 games.  I also dont fully buy that he is just a product of his offensive line.  Line play is very essential to both a qb and his runningback, but if Prescott's success hinged on just the talent around him, how come that other qb they had behind Romo couldnt have success behind the same line?  I think McFadden had a thousand yard season as well.  Sometimes we have to give a well deserved pat on the back.

While I def think he was way overhyped last year, look at his weapons. Dez has taken a step back and doesn't run wide open anymore. Who is next up on the depth chart? A bunch of Jags and an ancient Witten. Game plan for Dallas is an easy one, stack the box for Zeke and have someone that doesn't let Dez get wide open and let Dak try and beat you with the Jags that are left. I think we match up really well against them provided Norman is back. Stack box, Norman on Dez and don't let Dak break containment running to move the sticks. We will win by double digits if we execute that game plan. Dallas is looking at an 8-8 year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 10:47 AM, Zazzaro703 said:

While I def think he was way overhyped last year, look at his weapons. Dez has taken a step back and doesn't run wide open anymore. Who is next up on the depth chart? A bunch of Jags and an ancient Witten. Game plan for Dallas is an easy one, stack the box for Zeke and have someone that doesn't let Dez get wide open and let Dak try and beat you with the Jags that are left. I think we match up really well against them provided Norman is back. Stack box, Norman on Dez and don't let Dak break containment running to move the sticks. We will win by double digits if we execute that game plan. Dallas is looking at an 8-8 year.

Oh no no no no no...  Wentz wasn't allowed to get those excuses last year.  Eagles fans said all year even last year that Wentz is and will be the better QB.  We couldn't use the supporting cast as excuses.  So I don't want to hear it from them this year.

2017 Regular Season NFL Leaders

RK PLAYER PTS ADDED PASS RUN PENALTY TOTAL EPA QB PLAYS RAW QBR TOTAL QBR
1 Deshaun Watson, HOU 25.8 19.2 9.4 3.0 36.2 237 82.3 80.5
2 Dak Prescott, DAL 21.1 22.3 10.1 1.1 35.6 218 79.7 78.6
3 Carson Wentz, PHI 16.1 24.5 5.6 2.8 39.0 268 70.0 70.1
4 Tom Brady, NE 20.7 36.1 -2.1 3.7 44.6 276 74.3 69.0
5 Alex Smith, KC 16.8 32.0 3.1 -0.3 44.6 288 69.5 68.0
6 Case Keenum, MIN 11.0 20.2 4.1 3.1 29.7 221 66.9 66.8
7 Kirk Cousins, WSH 11.0 19.5 3.2 1.4 28.1 194 69.0 66.6
8 Aaron Rodgers, GB 9.2 13.4 5.4 2.3 29.2 253 62.6 63.6
9 Marcus Mariota, TEN 6.5 13.2 6.2 1.8 22.2 176 62.7 62.1
10 Matt Ryan, ATL 7.9 17.4 2.3 1.7 26.6 199 63.6 61.7