Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite film in the Dark Knight trilogy?

Ron78

What is your favorite film in the Dark Knight trilogy?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite film in the Dark Knight trilogy?

• Batman Begins
    • The Dark Knight
    • The Dark Knight Rises

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The Dark Knight, easily

The Dark Knight Rises was a film with enormous plot holes, and Bane being a great villain was destroyed by him bring killed by Cat Woman and not being the strongest villain in the film.

Bane broke Batman's back...

My only complaint about TDKR is the casting of Talia Al Ghul.  They should have chosen someone younger, hotter, and in better shape than Marion Cotillard.

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Wesley Willis whooped Batman's ass.

My answer is Batman Begins. Here are the reasons I am right. 

I think it tells the best origin story of any superhero movie ever. The back and forth as we see Bruce going thru training juxtaposed with the seminal moments of his life that brought him to that point are incredibly well done. 

The movie lacks in a superimposing or iconic villain but makes up for it by using 2 villains never seen before and uses them creatively. The scarecrow was wonderfully recreated 

The movie has more heart than any of the others. Moments with his father, Gordon, Alfred and Rachel are all moving and heartbreaking. 

This movie set the foundation and events for the entire rest of the trilogy into motion. Little things like the DA being shot by Falcone's thugs which cause Dent to be elected DA in between BB/TDK. Or the conversation between Rachel and Bruce at the end where she longs for a day when Gotham no longer needs Batman. This fuels everything Batman does in TDK trying to make that day happen as quickly as possible so they can be together and causes him to perhaps put too much on Dent too soon. Rhas teaching Bruce that criminals aren't complicated and are motivated by something causes him to underestimate the Joker initially. The very actions Batman takes in taking out Falcone lead to the emergence of Marrone and The mobs need to turn to the Joker. Then of course the destruction of the league of shadows leads to Bane and Talia returning to fulfill Rhas Al Ghuls destiny.   

I love that you actually see and feel each of the moments and reasons why a man would be compelled to become Batman. I actually think this movie is perfect.  Every actor/actress delivers an excellent performance. The soundtrack can bring you to tears at the emotional scenes and get your heart racing when the action picks up. Also, Katie Holmes Rachel is so far and away better than Maggie G's. I hate recasts. 

Also, i think this is the best comic Batman to be put on screen. Scenes like Batman stringing up Flass upside down and Flass says "i swear to God" and Batman responds "swear to me!" Are damn near iconic and show why villains would be absolutely terrified of him. I love the scene where he calls in all the bats too. Think that would have come in handy during TDK? The ending scenes where he flying in front of Wayne Tower while the theme plays is perfect as is the final shot of him telling Gordon he will never have to thank Batman and jumping off the building. Goosebumps. 

Lets not forget, BB has the best version of Gotham city in the trilogy as well. The narrows inclusion and the additional buildings CGI'd into the cityscape really made it feel like a unique and rotting city. TDK felt close but was too much Chicago and TDKR literally just felt like NYC and Pittsburgh. 

I think TDK is an incredible film and it's my favorite movie experience ever but a lot of **** is just way too convenient. Like the Joker stabbing a pencilthru a desk(how?) on the off chance somebody stands up he can shove the eraser end thru their forehead? Eye? And cause Instant death? It's just too convenient in some places tho still amazing. TDKR is a step down completely in basically every way. It's sloppy, has potholes and dialogue just isn't up to the level of the first two. 

My favorite thing about Bb is the dialogue. There isn't a wasted line and so many moments are just perfectly written for the character and his motivations and who he becomes. They are deep and insightful and powerful. The entire trilogy really has fantastic dialogue (TDKR being the worst) but BB shines above all of them. 

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My answer is Batman Begins. Here are the reasons I am right.

There were certainly a lot of things in Batman Begins that were done right.  I wish Nolan had directed Batman vs. Superman.  It would have been much better.

1 minute ago, Ron78 said:

There were certainly a lot of things in Batman Begins that were done right.  I wish Nolan had directed Batman vs. Superman.  It would have been much better.

I agree with you there 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Momma, you just made me was to rewatch Batman Begins and really the whole trilogy over again.

Begins is an all timer. Do it. 

This will help motivate you 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Also...Katie Holmes >>>>>> Maggie Gyllenhall.

I agree.  I know people who swear that Maggie was the better actress, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Katie was much better in that role.

3 hours ago, Ron78 said:

I agree.  I know people who swear that Maggie was the better actress, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Katie was much better in that role.

Katie is much better. Also, she was a better written character in BB. She's a strong independent woman, in love with a man her entire life that she can have at the end of the movie and she willingly lets him go because she knows what he is doing as Batman is more important than either of them and their love. She puts the city and what she believes in first.  It's actually quite staggering 

Compare that to TDK where she freaks out and abandons Bruce because he still believes that Batman is bigger than the demands of a terrorist and it appears Dent will take the fall as Batman. Striking difference

Dark Knight, easy. Heath Shuler's joker was the greatest villain since Darth Vader. Batman Begins started out great, but when Liam Neeson's character returns to destroy Gotham it ruined it - just made it too comic book kitsch for my tastes. Dark Knight Rises  was a fairly awful movie all around.

6 hours ago, Ron78 said:

He faced a Batman who had been out of the game for 10 years.  That made it believable.

Bull****.  He rocked him with ninja **** flush to the damn bare skin of his skull.  Over and over.  Nothing.

You could be George McFly, and one bomb like that would lay someone out......like...I dunno...............a Biff Tannen. 

I know, hard to believe.

Buncha WWF fighting going on in DKR.

It's my favorite soundtrack since The Empire Strikes Back.  Stands alone in second place.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Bull****.  He rocked him with ninja **** flush to the damn bare skin of his skull.  Over and over.  Nothing.

You could be George McFly, and one bomb like that would lay someone out......like...I dunno...............a Biff Tannen. 

I know, hard to believe.

Buncha WWF fighting going on in DKR.

It's my favorite soundtrack since The Empire Strikes Back.  Stands alone in second place.

A younger Batman might have stood a chance.

the Dark Knight, easily. Batman Begins is good, and "rises" is awful. Just awful.

Bu the Dark Knight,, Ledger's performance sets it far and above any bat-movie to date, and ios the best of all the DCU movies.

Now, i've heard Wonder Woman is great, so I'll see if my opinion changes after seeing it... but "The Dark Knight" is a great movie.

~Bang

Archived