Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (political) HUMOR thread

Larry

It's funny because sometimes I worry that the way I think Trump supporters really think and deel is too cartoonish, but then @btfoomgoes ahead and helps me to realize that what I feared were my unfair cartoonish representations of their altnernative reality viewpoints aren't far fetched or slanderous at all, but instead entirely accurate.

edit: "think and feel" I figured most could understand an honest typo.

20 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It's funny because sometimes I worry that the way I think Trump supporters really think and deel is too cartoonish, but then @btfoomgoes ahead and helps me to realize that what I feared were my unfair cartoonish representations of their altnernative reality viewpoints aren't far fetched or slanderous at all, but instead entirely accurate.

I have no idea what "think and deel" means, but there is no need for personal attacks.

2 hours ago, btfoom said:

I have no idea what "think and deel" means, but there is no need for personal attacks.

Oh I wasn't aware that the shoe fit. But as my daddy used to say, it if fits then lace it up. 

FTR: it's not a personal attack to say that a group of people hold viewpoints that are cartoonish alternative realities. I mentioned your name because you posted the cartoons that represented those cartoonish alternative realities that I feared may have been slanderous and far fetched. Spring time is coming, careful not to melt.

20 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Oh I wasn't aware that the shoe fit. But as my daddy used to say, it if fits then lace it up. 

FTR: it's not a personal attack to say that a group of people hold viewpoints that are cartoonish alternative realities. I mentioned your name because you posted the cartoons that represented those cartoonish alternative realities that I feared may have been slanderous and far fetched. Spring time is coming, careful not to melt.

Except that you called me out, specifically.  Maybe your daddy should have taught you that.  

Plus, I still don't know what "think and deel" means.  Was that another thing your daddy taught you???

17 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Pretty sure he meant think and feel, what with d and f being right next to each other.

Pretty sure he meant @ some particular person, as the @ and btfoom were right next to each other.  Plus, I didn't see "think and feel" in that post.  

First, mod bidness:

@AsburySkinsFan

@btfoom

each of you has been warned recently on one issue or another, and one of you has several rule violations already on record

here each of you engage in a gratituous OT pissyfest (and i'll warn both of you not to waste time explaining/defending  your posts)

the next time either of you draw attention for some problem you will receive an extended break, and one of you is already getting an "extra" extra pass here, having already been told such

now, out of mod mode

i hope you non-trump guys are making a routine of catching sam bee---the humor and critiques are technically or factually solid, but the pure attack nature on the right and lover of the left is more dominant and harsher than stewart, so its appeal will be mostly partisan (i mean even more so than the norm for such humor)

Samantha Bee can be pretty funny. Hyper partisan like you said, but I can get a good chuckle from this stuff like you said.

Bear with me that I don't consider the highly criticized BuzzFeed leaks to be on the same tier of proof as Bill Clinton's DNA on a dress when it comes to impeachment, but mostly funny stuff.

41 minutes ago, Weganator said:

Samantha Bee can be pretty funny. Hyper partisan like you said, but I can get a good chuckle from this stuff like you said.

Bear with me that I don't consider the highly criticized BuzzFeed leaks to be on the same tier of proof as Bill Clinton's DNA on a dress when it comes to impeachment, but mostly funny stuff.

Hats off to you, amigo---I read you as a fairly conservative player, so this means you still can access a sense of humor even if at "your side's expense." I have long been bothered that there aren't more conservative-focused traditional comics (of course I know the dialogue around that), though there are great conservative wits and cartoonists. I find that generally seeking balance in many things is a positive productive M.O.

Archived