Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ex-NFL RB Joe McKnight killed in road rage incident

BornaSkinsFan83

Crap. I heard this on the radio and couldn't believe it. What a shame. I remember when he declared for USC and I thought he was gonna be a monster. Just came along at the wrong time, following in the footsteps of Lendale White and Reggie Bush

Don't know what happened, but I will say that at the end of the day, your life (whether ended or spent in a cell until the day you die) is worth more than a wrecked car. 

The witness stories are pretty hard to swallow.  Apparently McKnight had no weapon and was in the process of apologizing for the accident when this man blew him away and then stood over his dying body, fired one more shot and said "I told you not to **** with me.".  Sounds like something right out of the movies.

The picture of the guy just sitting there, emotionless, as the police/paramedics try to revive the guy he just shot is pretty chilling too.

Kinda crazy this stuff is legal in the US.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The witness stories are pretty hard to swallow.  Apparently McKnight had no weapon and was in the process of apologizing for the accident when this man blew him away and then stood over his dying body, fired one more shot and said "I told you not to **** with me.".  Sounds like something right out of the movies.

The picture of the guy just sitting there, emotionless, as the police/paramedics try to revive the guy he just shot is pretty chilling too.

The sheriff has said that none of the above happened (based on the evidence collected thus far). McKnight was hit 3 times. All 3 shell casings were recovered in the shooters vehicle. None of the 3 wounds were consistent with someone standing above McKnight and firing. Sheriff is saying that that witness account is factually incorrect based on the evidence.

Wait for the investigation to be completed before getting the torches and pitchforks folks. The media is mostly bull**** and will run with whatever gets the most hits for them. Facts aren't that important to them these days.

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gullible people never learn with these so-called "witnesses". You do realize that none of what you wrote is actually factual, right?

8 hours ago, srtman04 said:

WTF, how can your murder someone and get away with it???

Has enough evidence been released to determine that this was murder???

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All the above may be true, but its still crazy that you can shoot an unarmed man 3 times, kill him and walk free less than 24 hours later.

Not if your life is in danger.

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Because you were totally there, right?  

Please enlighten me to the truth, he who sees and knows all.

Go bid on Zimmermans gun and be gone.

It's called forensics, bro. All of the phony claims by the witness (or witnesses) was quickly disproven. The casings were all found in the shooter's car. And the shots also couldn't have been fired with the shooter standing over him, because of the trajectory of the bullets that entered McNight. 

Thats why these days you should never go off of witness statements, because they are often found to be untrue. And I agree with the guy that said it should be a felony to provide a false account. That's the only way to stop these idiots from doing this stuff. Send a clear message to these racists that this stuff won't be tolerated.

1 hour ago, Roger.Staubach said:

Not if your life is in danger.

So at what point is one's life in danger? McKnight didn't have a weapon

35 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

It's called forensics, bro. All of the phony claims by the witness (or witnesses) was quickly disproven. The casings were all found in the shooter's car. And the shots also couldn't have been fired with the shooter standing over him, because of the trajectory of the bullets that entered McNight. 

So he shot McKnight from inside his car? Yeah, his life was in danger 

BTW nice guy you're jumping to the defense of...

https://www.jpso.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=214

From another road rage incident he was involved in

During this incident, the victim/reporting person, identified only as a 51-year-old white male from Marrero, called 911 in Jefferson Parish to report that a male subject was driving a red pick-up truck unsafely on Holiday Drive. The victim observed a phone number on the truck to call if the vehicle was being operated unsafely. When the victim called the phone number, an individual, later identified as Ronald Gasser told the victim he was the one driving the red pick up truck. A verbal altercation began between the victim and Gasser began at that time. Once the victim reached the service station, he pulled in to begin refueling his vehicle. It was at that time Gasser, who had followed him into the station, confronted him and began to strike him with a closed fist several times. After doing so, the victim reported Gasser drove out of the service station, at which time he called 911.

But hey,, at least he's a good ol' boy

I swear at this point I hope every NFLer alive takes a ****ing knee for the national anthem.

5 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

So at what point is one's life in danger? McKnight didn't have a weapon

So he shot McKnight from inside his car? Yeah, his life was in danger 

BTW nice guy you're jumping to the defense of...

https://www.jpso.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=214

From another road rage incident he was involved in

During this incident, the victim/reporting person, identified only as a 51-year-old white male from Marrero, called 911 in Jefferson Parish to report that a male subject was driving a red pick-up truck unsafely on Holiday Drive. The victim observed a phone number on the truck to call if the vehicle was being operated unsafely. When the victim called the phone number, an individual, later identified as Ronald Gasser told the victim he was the one driving the red pick up truck. A verbal altercation began between the victim and Gasser began at that time. Once the victim reached the service station, he pulled in to begin refueling his vehicle. It was at that time Gasser, who had followed him into the station, confronted him and began to strike him with a closed fist several times. After doing so, the victim reported Gasser drove out of the service station, at which time he called 911.

But hey,, at least he's a good ol' boy

I swear at this point I hope every NFLer alive takes a ****ing knee for the national anthem.

And the charge of simple battery was DISMISSED.  

52 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Clearly since it was dismissed it didn't really happen.  

Clearly since a witness said Gasser stood over McKnight's dying body and fired one last shot, while uttering "I told you not to **** with me", then that's what happened.

1 hour ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Clearly since a witness said Gasser stood over McKnight's dying body and fired one last shot, while uttering "I told you not to **** with me", then that's what happened.

Show me where I ever claimed the first witness' account was gospel?

Its just not a coincidence that some of you usual suspects are in here dismissing any notion that the black man didn't deserve to die.

The only facts at this time are that a man previously cited for road rage ended up in another road rage situation only this time he murdered a man with no weapon.

That alone should be enough to be skeptical of the murderer.  Yet here you guys are...

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Its just not a coincidence that some of you usual suspects are in here dismissing any notion that the black man didn't deserve to die.

I didn't say that he deserved to die.  The smart thing for both parties would/should have been to just drive on and not look back.  Yet, it appears that neither one was smart enough to be the bigger man.

As for the color of his skin playing a role in this?  That is a narrative that you alone appear to support.

The whole damned thing is a tragedy.

Archived