Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BH: Bill Belichick reminisces about converting Redskins' playbook to Colts' script

gortiz

a little change of pace ... never ceases to amaze me that Bill went up against Joe in the 80's. 

Entering his 40th NFL season, Bill Belichick has pretty much developed some sort of history with every team in the league, and the Redskins are no exception.

He recalled one of his first assignments with Ted Marchibroda's Baltimore Colts in 1975.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/08/bill_belichick_reminisces_about_converting_redskins_playbook

Haha, when teams actually used the Redskins as a target they needed to beat to be considered good. 

Now, it's back to what Sam Huff said about playing the Redskins when he was with the Giants in the 60s:

"When you looked on the schedule and saw the Redskins? W, W, home and away." 

Pathetic. Hopefully it's moving in the right direction. We'll see. 

Can't remember if it was before we played the Pats in either 2007 or 2011, but I remember Belichick reminiscing about the 1980s battles with the Giants and Skins, and he was throwing out names of the backups to the Hogs and their tendencies.  The guy is a football encyclopedia.

I know some of our folks on the site hate the Giants more than they hate Dallas due to the intensity of the rivalry in the 1980s. It must have been incredible watching these two teams square off twice a year. By the middle part of the 80s, the Cowboys seemed to be less of a factor, but the Giants and Redskins were at their apex. 

Belichick, for all his misgivings, seems like a historian of the League. I believe he was the person they chose to introduce Sammy Baugh's segment in the NFL Network's top 100 all time players list. 

I know some of our folks on the site hate the Giants more than they hate Dallas due to the intensity of the rivalry in the 1980s. It must have been incredible watching these two teams square off twice a year. By the middle part of the 80s, the Cowboys seemed to be less of a factor, but the Giants and Redskins were at their apex.

It WAS glorious! As to G'nats vs Crackgirlz .. Nah. Hated them both with an equal passion. But Dallass has always brought up a special kind of bile. Especially in the days of Staubach (70s), Too Tall, and all the rest.

Archived