Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support Dan Snyder moving the team to LA, so long as the NFL promised DC an expansion team within three years?

MassSkinsFan

Do You Support Dan Snyder moving the team to LA, so long as the NFL promised DC an expansion team within three years?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Support Dan Snyder moving the team to LA, so long as the NFL promised DC an expansion team within three years?

• Yes, but only if we are allowed to keep the team history/name/logos/etc.
    • Yes, even if it means we lose all the history
    • No way

How bad is it for you? Are you ready to take three years off from rooting for the home team? Would you be glad to see Dan take this **** show to LA knowing that we'd have a reboot in three years? Do you want a whole new franchise? Are yoiu perfectly happy with the mess we have now?

This idea came from the Grantland article in this thread:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/385657-grantland-the-book-of-daniel/

Choose an option and let us know why.

I'm for encouraging Dan to go west, but only with the proviso that we get to keep the name etc. I'd gladly sit out 3 years if we could rid ourselves of the team's most problematic figure: The Toxic ToddlerTM.

18f0t1ini2xo3jpg.jpg

considering I'd have to get direct ticket or gameday or something to watch the real Redskins play if that happened oh HELL NO

The idea would be that the current team would go to LA and cease to be the Redskins. Three years later we'd have a Redskins team in DC again, without the Toxic ToddlerTM owning it.

The idea would be that the current team would go to LA and cease to be the Redskins. Three years later we'd have a Redskins team in DC again, without the Toxic ToddlerTM owning it.

the idea is that everyone would lie to themselves then.  I don't view the current Cleveland Browns as the team that played in the AAFC, they're an expansion team no matter what the NFL says, and the same would be true for the proposed Fakeskins. 

the idea is that everyone would lie to themselves then.  I don't view the current Cleveland Browns as the team that played in the AAFC, they're an expansion team no matter what the NFL says, and the same would be true for the proposed Fakeskins. 

Browns fan love their team regardless of what happened. They don't consider it a "fake team." I know this cause the majority of my extended family lives in the Cleveland area.

I'd use it as an excuse to root for someone else. I'd just tell myself the Redskins were dead forever. I'd have three years to get over it and ingrain myself with a different team. By then I wouldn't care and likely wouldn't return to rooting for the Skins.

Browns fan love their team regardless of what happened. They don't consider it a "fake team." I know this cause the majority of my extended family lives in the Cleveland area.

good for them.  The proposed Fakeskins might even play really good football.  They still wouldn't be MY team.

If we got to keep the name and the imagery you bet your ass I'd do this deal. The Wizards and Nats keep me happy and I'd get my football fix from the Hokies. Three years to be rid of Snyder forever, done deal.

/Thread

I would trade Snyder's 35-40 years of future tyranny for three years of no football. 

This will never happen.

Care to enlighten us with your reasoning?;-)

I will say that there is no way an expansion team comes back with the name Redskins. Color scheme yes, name wouldn't happen.

You're probably right on this one. But let's just set that aside for now. This isn't about whether the scenario is realistic - it's about how desparate the fans are to get rid of the Toxic ToddlerTM

Good idea but not great.  You guys do what you want, but I'm building a space ship big enough so I can take my daughter to do a lap around a black hole real quick.  By the time we get back this whole disaster should be over and we won't have aged much at all.  

So far I have an extension cord, an old drill that only works in reverse, and an old satellite dish that the guy left by my garage.  

Who's coming with me? 

There will not be two teams in LA. ( Some team will go there soon, but it won't be the Redskins )

If Snyder moved the team to L.A. and we kept the name, logo, etc. ... I would be a fan of the L.A. Redskins, not the new Washington Wave, Washington Generals, or Washington Whatevers.

This team quit being the Redskins I knew and loved the day DS bought it.  So yeah, move the **** out to LA or to whatever area is stupid enough to take this **** show of an organization, give me three years to renew my passion for football, and give DC a new franchise that can be built the right way. 

Archived