Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.Com: Morris Mindset is Winning

MustangSteve

Despite nearly 3,000 rushing yards, 20 touchdowns, and a Pro Bowl appearance in two seasons — all of which have embedded him into top running back discussions – Alfred Morrisicon-article-link.gif’ mindset each day is that he still has a great deal to accomplish.

That mentality starts in practice where he simulates game-like speed.

“I’m always alert and I’m always ready,” Morris said. “Say we have a walkthrough, I’m actually sprinting. Whether it’s a big game or not, I’m finishing all of my runs. I do that sprinting to make sure I get that extra conditioning that will be helpful down the road.”

Morris burst onto the season during the 2012 preseason, when, in three games, he ran for 195 yards on 39 carries, proving that regardless of being a sixth-round pick, he had the talent to keep up with the veteran players.

Click link for rest http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Alfred-Morris-%E2%80%98My-Mindset-Is-Always-Winning%E2%80%99/811309ae-6122-4103-af60-6cbcc6d4b5eb

This kid is a true role model and very easy to like, thank God he's a Redskin.

How can you not love this guy. I agree with the above poster his potential is limitless and he is by far my favorite current redskin. He isn't flashy, doesn't talk much, and stays under the radar all the while pushing harder and harder. All this and he is a beast on the field. Say what you will about Shanahan but he got this one right and this is a gift that just keeps giving. Here's to hoping he breaks all the rushing records and goes down as the greatest to ever play.

it's funny that this thread came up as i was watching another special dedicated to the career of Emmitt Smith.  i have said it before, & i'll say it forever...AlMo runs just like Emmitt Smith, minus the jump-cut.  everything else looks effortless, he's always going forward, & guys just can't bring him down on their own.  if he can add that dimension in the passing game, he could have an extraordinary career.  as it is...he is looking to have an enormous season this year if things pan out.

AlMo is definitely one of my favorite all-time Redskins already in his young career.

Hail.

everything else looks effortless, he's always going forward, & guys just can't bring him down on their own.

I agree with a lot of what you said. However, I did notice last year there were plenty of times where he was brought down in the backfield by a single defender. The occurrence shocked me.... moreso how often it happened. That NEVER happened in his rookie year.

That`s not a knock on him... and I`m not complaining. Just very surprised.

Afred is quickly becoming one of my favorite players since Darrell Green.   He has the potential to be the best HB to ever play the game. I'm not even joking.  

Woah woah woah, hit the brakes on that one. Is he one of the best RBs the past two seasons? Yes. But that's a huge, huge leap from being one of the best in two seasons to one of the best in history. I like him as much as the next guy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, something that ES does on a rather consistent basis. :) 

I agree with a lot of what you said. However, I did notice last year there were plenty of times where he was brought down in the backfield by a single defender. The occurrence shocked me.... moreso how often it happened. That NEVER happened in his rookie year.

That`s not a knock on him... and I`m not complaining. Just very surprised.

• I don't disagree it happened, that said the line was horrible and Morris was hit on those occasions without

having a chance to get turned up the field and build momentum. I remember some hits where he was caught sideways. I think with the line upgraded we see the Morris we know. I do however disagree with you saying it happened more than it did. jmho. I searched for the stat, seems it doesn't exist for RBs? Tackles for Loss for DE vs. tackled for loss of a RB. Seems like a good stat to keep. 

Alfred Morris: Can Washington Redskins Running Back ...
    bleacherreport.com/.../1771934-alfred-morris-can-washi...
    •  
    •  
    Bleacher Report

Sep 13, 2013 - Alfred Morris could not have made a worse start to the 2013 NFL season. ... major factor in Washington's 33-27 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. ... The offense had set up a stretch play to the right behind tackle Tyler Polumbus.
  • How the Giants limited Alfred Morris and the Redskins ...
    www.washingtonpost.com/.../how-the-giants-limite...
    •  
    The Washington Post

Dec 4, 2013 - The latest Washington Redskins loss has raised yet more questions about ... Alfred Morris finished the game with 26 yards on 11 rushes, his lowest ...Giants linebackers were allowed to roam free and make tackles on Morris.

After the Giants game......"You all like starting stories," Morris said. "It doesn’t matter if I'm on the field or not, I just want to do whatever I can to help the team win."

If he is durable, his career will be a mirror image of Curtis Martin.

Its been mentioned on the board before, but I do worry he might have a Larry Brown kind of career with his tough, hard nosed style of running. 

He is, far and away, my favorite Redskin on the roster. Haven't had this much fun watching someone run since Clinton Portis in '05. 

Archived