Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Kirk Cousins Open to Being Traded

Smurf85

As of right now Cousins does not have much trade value, IMO (unless we can fid a sucker that is willing to give up a high pick for him).  If he does well during preseason we can maybe get a #2 or 3 for next years draft from a QB needy team. Like the idea that Kyle may try to get him, but highly unlikely. 

I'd take a 3rd rounder for him in a heartbeat, but don't think we'll be able to get that.  Teams could draft their own guy with a 2nd or 3rd that are better than Kirk.  Look at the TB qb Mike Glennon...kid looks way better than Kirk and was a 3rd round pick.  

As for the article, I doubt the Browns want Cousins.  They have 2 firsts and Hoyer.

For the love of all that is holy, please take the race bull**** elsewhere. This thread is about Kirk Cousins.....not RG3, or any other QB. Please get out of here with that bs....

For the record, I do hope KC gets a chance to start somewhere (outside the NFC East). He's been nothing but a stand up guy for us as a backup. 

i hope kirk gets a decent shot elsewhere as well... i dont think it will turn out well, but i hope he gets his chance

still doesnt change the fact that most of these so called kirk cousins fans are Luck lovers/Rg3 haters

As of right now Cousins does not have much trade value, IMO (unless we can fid a sucker that is willing to give up a high pick for him).  If he does well during preseason we can maybe get a #2 or 3 for next years draft from a QB needy team. Like the idea that Kyle may try to get him, but highly unlikely. 

trust me a team will take him... he is fairly young

Kirk is young, cheap and has flashed major talent when given the chance. Now he's also shown the propensity to turn the ball over but most teams will see his limited time on the field and use that as an excuse to acquire him. Some Redskins fans may be overvaluing him but you'd be crazy to think we won't at least end up with a 2nd round pick for him. If he was worth peanuts like some of you seem to believe(I don't) no one would care if he said he was open to a trade, there would be no reports. He has more value around the league than some of you think and I venture to say you'll be shocked with what we get in return.

I agree.  It's just not worth it to trade him for a 4th round pick.  People here are nuts if they think trading him for a 4th is a good deal.  I'm iffy about a 3rd round pick too because I'd rather have quality depth at QB than to have another Josh LeRibus type of pick. 

The Browns would be a good fit for Cousins because he's better than anyone they have on the roster, plus he's been in Kyle's offense for 2 years already. The Browns could use their two 1st round picks in other areas unless they are convinced that Johnny Football is their future franchise QB.

The piece that's missing for me is RG3.  Assuming that he will be 100% and is able to do the things he did in his rookie year or better then fine let CPT Kirk go. If RG3 has a setback for whatever reason in the offseason, TC, etc, then finding a backup at that stage of the game could be problematic.

I think a lot of people in the Skins fanbase overvalue Kirk.  I don't think there's a chance in hell that he nets a first...let alone a second round pick.  Probably in that 3/4/5 range.  I'd wager towards 4/5 more than anything tho. 

I think a lot in this fanbase undervalue him.  Any pick like a 4th or later just isn't worth it to us to trade him.

Just like the skins ownership… Keep the guy with two bad legs and played a horrible season last year and get rid of the guy who can read the field, throw to more than one receiver and keep his mouth quiet.  If they trade Cousins it will be the biggest mistake they ever make in my opinion.  There is NO ONE who can say RG will be RG again like he was in the last half of his first season.  You are taking a Gamble by keeping him.  

"most kirk cousin fans are secretly racist/rg3 haters, or just andrew luck fans..”  

And to this guy above who thinks everyone who thinks RG hasn’t proven himself yet is a racist, get a life.  RG has played a good 1/2 of a season in 2 years and that does not make a franchise QB and he has two bad legs which will never be the same again.  Denial does nothing.  Lets see if the skins are dumb enough to bet their hand on an injured RG.

Cleveland has gotta be run by idiots. Kyle and kirk? Did they miss the last 4 games of this year for us? They really want that ****show?

And I have no problem with Kirk, but get that kid outta here.

Um.. The last 3 games were better than almost any first 13 games.  Cousins put us in position to beat dallas and falcons and our D failed us in the last minute with Dallas and the Falcons we went for two which was ok with me.  The Giants game was just horrible weather and no one had good stats.  We got killed by dallas in our first meeting and I think if I remember RG threw for less than 40 yards the first half. 

Its amazing how little people remember. 

Just like the skins ownership… Keep the guy with two bad legs and played a horrible season last year and get rid of the guy who can read the field, throw to more than one receiver and keep his mouth quiet.  If they trade Cousins it will be the biggest mistake they ever make in my opinion.  There is NO ONE who can say RG will be RG again like he was in the last half of his first season.  You are taking a Gamble by keeping him.  

"most kirk cousin fans are secretly racist/rg3 haters, or just andrew luck fans..”  

And to this guy above who thinks everyone who thinks RG hasn’t proven himself yet is a racist, get a life.  RG has played a good 1/2 of a season in 2 years and that does not make a franchise QB and he has two bad legs which will never be the same again.  Denial does nothing.  Lets see if the skins are dumb enough to bet their hand on an injured RG.

lol Cousins isnt some once in a decade type of prospect... he is a BACKUP, nothing more.. stop overhyping the guy to put down Griff

do you realize that before RG3 was benched the final 3 games of the season, he was outplaying Andrew Luck....( yes at the time Griff was benched he had a better passer rating, more passing yards, a higher completion percentage, yards per attempt in BOTH rushing yards and passing yards).... if Griffin finished the year he would have had a shot at 4,000 passing yards, 500 yards rushing... 

BTW if you actually have been following kirk cousins, his numbers started to get worse and worse each week.... Cousins was great like Case Keenum and Matt McGloin when teams had no tape on him... the best time to trade Cousins is NOW... because he wont have another great game ever

Kirk is young, cheap and has flashed major talent when given the chance. Now he's also shown the propensity to turn the ball over but most teams will see his limited time on the field and use that as an excuse to acquire him. Some Redskins fans may be overvaluing him but you'd be crazy to think we won't at least end up with a 2nd round pick for him. If he was worth peanuts like some of you seem to believe(I don't) no one would care if he said he was open to a trade, there would be no reports. He has more value around the league than some of you think and I venture to say you'll be shocked with what we get in return.

Guy there's ZERO chance we get a second for Kirk. Lol You are living in a fantasy world.

Um.. The last 3 games were better than almost any first 13 games.  Cousins put us in position to beat dallas and falcons and our D failed us in the last minute with Dallas and the Falcons we went for two which was ok with me.  The Giants game was just horrible weather and no one had good stats.  We got killed by dallas in our first meeting and I think if I remember RG threw for less than 40 yards the first half. 

Its amazing how little people remember. 

lets see we had 7 turnovers againist a 3 win falcons team, should have been 8... cousins should have been picked in the first quarter of that game.... , the cowboys dropped at least 2 cousins easy  int's ,he struggled in the giants game( which destroyed his trade value).... get rid of this guy now before he isnt worth nothing more than a 6th rounder

Kirk Cousins is a turnover machine... lets try and sucker a team into taking this matt flynn clone... we need all the picks we can get right now

lets see we had 7 turnovers againist a 3 win falcons team, should have been 8... cousins should have been picked in the first quarter of that game.... , the cowboys dropped at least 2 cousins easy  int's ,he struggled in the giants game( which destroyed his trade value).... get rid of this guy now before he isnt worth nothing more than a 6th rounder

Kirk Cousins is a turnover machine... lets try and sucker a team into taking this matt flynn clone... we need all the picks we can get right now

We fumbled 3 times down inside the Falcons 20 yard line.  Two by Morris (who was in lala land that game and one by Moss who did his throw the ball forward fumble I’ve seen 5 or 6 times)  Take those back and we kill Falcons.  And the Falcons line was pretty good last year.  Plus, how many times did many on this forum blame our line for not protecting RG and getting him sacked???  How many times did Cousins get sacked???  

Plus, you have to take into consideration the team had given up.  It was over back at game 10 and for Cousins to show me what he did for those games was enough for me to say, keep him.  RG has had 1/2 of a good season in two years WITH ALL THE SNAPS, so if you want to bash Cousins who had done nothing but help the skins to the playoffs two years ago and come in last year when the season is pretty much over on a team that basically gave up.. you're way off base.  

Cousins is light years ahead of RG in the passing game and based on RG’s knees, I bet Cousins may be a better runner too.  

Guy there's ZERO chance we get a second for Kirk. Lol You are living in a fantasy world.

with teams like the raiders out there, their is always a chance

Dude your act is old. Go back to the Panthers board where you belong.

im not a panthers fan.... but Luck is kinda OVERRATED... he is not an accurate qb.. but this thread is about Kirk Cousins

Can anyone build a case as to why he'd net a 1st or 2nd round pick?

What other QBs have brought in a similar return with limited experience? If there are any, would you HONESTLY compare Kirk to those guys?

They are probably thinking of the Kolbs and Flynns and that teams will keep making the same mistake.

We fumbled 3 times down inside the Falcons 20 yard line.  Two by Morris (who was in lala land that game and one by Moss who did his throw the ball forward fumble I’ve seen 5 or 6 times)  Take those back and we kill Falcons.  And the Falcons line was pretty good last year.  Plus, how many times did many on this forum blame our line for not protecting RG and getting him sacked???  How many times did Cousins get sacked???  

Plus, you have to take into consideration the team had given up.  It was over back at game 10 and for Cousins to show me what he did for those games was enough for me to say, keep him.  RG has had 1/2 of a good season in two years WITH ALL THE SNAPS, so if you want to bash Cousins who had done nothing but help the skins to the playoffs two years ago and come in last year when the season is pretty much over on a team that basically gave up.. you're way off base.  

Cousins is light years ahead of RG in the passing game and based on RG’s knees, I bet Cousins may be a better runner too.  

Cousins was playing for his future in the league, and played worse each game down the stretch lol... he is a backup one of the many failed moves of shanny before he was canned

if he's light years better than Rg3, then he is light years better than the messiah Andrew Luck too... are you willing to say that lol

with teams like the raiders out there, their is always a chance

im not a panthers fan.... but Luck is kinda OVERRATED... he is not an accurate qb.. but this thread is about Kirk Cousins

There is zero chance.

And it has come to my attention that you post on the Panther board under the same screen name. That is fine. But there is no place for your race baiting here. People are on to you, man.

Taylor, this is the same fanbase who thought we'd get a 2nd round pick for Cooley even tho it was apparent he was washed. 

There isn't any chance he's netting a 2nd round pick.

Also, in thinking about it, the fact that he said he's open to being traded is hilarious.  It's hilarious b/c I'm now seeing that the Shanahans probably didn't want to pick RG3 to begin with.  It's becoming apparent.  This should have been RG3's team from day on with NO questions...but now we're at the point where our backup QB is now "open" to being traded?  You are a back up, bro.  Get outta here w/ that, Kirk.  LOL.

I agree to an extent. The reality is some teams around the league obviously have an interest in him as a starter otherwise there would be zero mention of this anywhere. He's far better than Charlie Whitehurst and he was dealt for a 3rd and a 4th unless I'm mistaken. He's shown more than Schaub ever did when he was dealt and that ended up being a damn good trade for Houston. If you're Cleveland would you rather deal away a 2nd for a guy who's making 4th round money, has already been developed by a guy on your staff whom he's comfortable with or take a chance on Johnny Football, Carr, Bortles or Bridgewater? If Wintson or Mariotta were in this draft and the Browns had a shot it would be a no-brainer however they aren't. If the Browns deal for Cousins that gives them two first round picks to surround him with talent outside of Gordon and Cameron.

Personally, I think a 3rd is the best case scenario...however, I think 4/5 is more realistic.

There is no reason to trade him for the same pick you spent. At worst he's demonstrated that he can hold down the fort as a backup. If KC's value is truly a 4th, then you should sit back and enjoy having a competent QB2 for a couple more seasons.

Agree with this post except for me it's a 3rd or better.

And I think someone will probably cough up a 3rd for him.

Nope.  A back up qb ought to be mentally thought of the same as a starter.  Therefore, the replacement cost needs to warrant that.  I'd say 2nd or first.  A third rounder is not good enough.  Kirk is more valauable as a reserve than we're likely to get in the third round.  Now, if the braintrust absolutely fall in love with someone during the draft in the third and they pull the trigger... okay, but in abstract.  No.

There is zero chance.

And it has come to my attention that you post on the Panther board under the same screen name. That is fine. But there is no place for your race baiting here. People are on to you, man.

ugh im a fan of the skins.... i do NOT race bait.. i post on the Bucs board too.... im a fan of Mike Glennon, Luke Kuechly, and RG3

has nothing to do with race

New coaching staffs like Cleveland generally like to draft their own QBs. If they did decide to trade for Cousins because of the familiarity with the OC, they aren't going to give up a 2nd. Especially when that player's trade value has tumbled. We will lithely get no higher than a 4th for him. I would just keep the guy.

Archived