Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Breaking News: Shanahan Will Be Fired

truskinsfan18

I still think Art Briles would be a bad move because we don't have enough evidence to substantiate his worth.  He wouldn't be so coveted by Redskins fans if he didn't coach for RG3's college team.  

Speak for yourself. 

Art has been getting better year on year with different QB's he individually tailors his scheme around. Briles innovation stands up by itself regardless of who's under centre. 

The RGIII connection is just the icing on the cake for the man who made him the best player in the Nation. 

Hail. 

Speak for yourself. 

Art has been getting better year on year with different QB's he individually tailors his scheme around. Briles innovation stands up by its self regardless of who's under centre. 

The RGIII connection is just the icing on the cake for the man who made him the best player in the Nation. 

Hail. 

If so innovative, then why is he still coaching college?  Wasn't Spurrier supposed to be innovative as well? And Saban?  

Watching that game tonight you had to remember that it was one year ago that the Skins were the ones getting the crucial fourth quarter interception from the Cowboys and winning the division.

In the aftermath of that great night, what would you think the odds would've been that, one year later, we'd be eagerly awaiting Shanny's dismissal?

If so innovative, then why is he still coaching college?  Wasn't Spurrier supposed to be innovative as well? And Saban?  

12 years he's been in the collegiate ranks. 5 as a HC. He's just been banged on a ridiculous contract in large part to stave off interested suitors so ridiculously hot have his record setting Bears become. A completely different but simplistic form a level up from what ANYONE else has ever done. Taking the envelope and pushing it to the extreme to devastating effect. 

Prior to that he was happy in HS. Another venue in which he totally transformed not only his school, but the way the game is played in freaking Texas HS now. 

Dudes a humble, Texas guy who's always been more than happy with his lot wherever he's been. Who now, by multiple reports, is open to taking the next step into the pros. 

I don't know what jobs he may or may not of been offered, I'm not Art Briles. But it's a ridiculous thing to throw at him. 'Why is he still in college?' 

Hail. 

So apparently Shan wants a press conference after his pow wow with Dan tomorrow however the Skins haven't approved of his request.

@BallHogsRadio: NBC4 is going heavy on the Shanahan is getting fired. Also reported Shanahan has requested a press conference after his Snyder meeting.

@Russellmania980: @BallHogsRadio @dcsportsbog Shanahan made it very clear a few times today that he wanted to speak with us. Got stuff to dish.

@tonyylee: The Redskins have not scheduled a tomorrow morning 10am press conference

Looks like Shan is getting ready to throw more people under the bus.

I wonder if this bama is gonna leak crap all year just to get back at Dan.

12 years he's been in the collegiate ranks. 5 as a HC. He's just been banged on a ridiculous contract in large part to stave off interested suitors so ridiculously hot have his record setting Bears become. A completely different but simplistic form a level up from what ANYONE else has ever done. Taking the envelope and pushing it to the extreme to devastating effect. 

Prior to that he was happy in HS. Another venue in which he totally transformed not only his school, but the way the game is played in freaking Texas HS now. 

Dudes a humble, Texas guy who's always been more than happy with his lot wherever he's been. Who now, by multiple reports, is open to taking the next step into the pros. 

I don't know what jobs he may or may not of been offered, I'm not Art Briles. But it's a ridiculous thing to throw at him. 'Why is he still in college?' 

Hail. 

In theory he should be a great NFL coach.  But that's the problem, it's just theory.  

Why do you believe it now?

I thought you don't listen to media speculation

I try not to.  But this is definitely a strong claim by NBC. They explicitly said he WILL get fired.  Not maybe, not possibly, but definitely.  I can't try to refute a reputable source saying an event will happen.  It is likely to happen now.  

Yes, we get the fact that everyone knew he would be fired.

But NBC is a reputable source that is reporting this.  It's definitely noteworthy.

These stories have been popping up all day.

Here's a screen capture of what I've been looking at since the game ended....so breaking news that sources say that Shanahan is to be fired is not breaking news at all since it seems that every news outlet in the country has had this story and those same sources all day.

11640351404_bcc89bb177_b.jpg

In theory he should be a great NFL coach.  But that's the problem, it's just theory.  

How do you ever know if you've got a great coach or player on your hands if you aren't brave enough to give them their shot?

Hell, Coach Joe had just been a positional coach with then 3 years exp. as a pro coordinator before JKC took a flyer on him and look how that turned out?

We've just come off the worst 4 year period in our history with a guy who's won 2 SB's with over 2 decades experience as a por HC. 

There's no exact science here. But guys deserve a shot to see if they can be more than a good 'theory.'

And for the most recent glaring example see the team that's just disposed us of our NFC East crown. 

Hail. 

Ummmm.....correct me if I'm wrong but that seems to be the problem with choosing ANY head coach, it's all theory until it's tried.

I'm not arguing for anyone to be hired, I'm just pointing out that it seems pretty silly to say that looking at one head coach looks good only in theory as if that wasn't true of every coach.

Archived