Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Yes. It's a great show, particularly when you consider it's on AMC and not HBO.

I'm not sure how you mean this, but AMC is working on giving HBO a run for it's money with Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. They also have some other shows coming up that look interesting (Hell on Wheels, for example).

I realize HBO has a better long term history, but AMC's original scripted programming of the past 4 years is second to none.

---------- Post added October-28th-2011 at 05:15 PM ----------

Also, how the hell did Daryl become one of the more likeable characters?

I really like the show, but almost all of the people in the group of survivors is unlikeable. Shane, Lori, Andrea, Carol and T-Dog, they could all die in the next episode and I wouldn't really miss them at all. Now that I think about it, apart from Rick...there is no one on the show I actually root for.

I'm not sure how you mean this, but AMC is working on giving HBO a run for it's money with Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. They also have some other shows coming up that look interesting (Hell on Wheels, for example).

I realize HBO has a better long term history, but AMC's original scripted programming of the past 4 years is second to none.

I'm just starting to appreciate how good AMC programming is (I just started watching WD and BB), but AMC doesn't have the resources HBO has at its disposal.

The sad thing about AMC, I work in the cable/ISP industry, is they're actually having trouble making money off their shows—believe it or not. As good as they are, not enough people are watching it to match the outlay for the series. They produce HBO level (maybe higher) shows but don't possess the subscriber fees that HBO gets. So if you want AMC shows, keep pimping it out to your friends. They are really struggling to keep these shows above water.

The sad thing about AMC, I work in the cable/ISP industry, is they're actually having trouble making money off their shows—believe it or not. As good as they are, not enough people are watching it to match the outlay for the series. They produce HBO level (maybe higher) shows but don't possess the subscriber fees that HBO gets. So if you want AMC shows, keep pimping it out to your friends. They are really struggling to keep these shows above water.

I'm pretty surprised. Between Netflix, Blockbuster, and other streaming royalty fees, I would think Mad Men, The Walker Dead, and Breaking Bad would be making decent money for AMC.

This season has been pretty good so far.

I'm definitely a big AMC fan. I need to try to get into Breaking Bad. I saw the first few episodes but haven't watched it since. But I am a huge Mad Men show and have been getting my friends hooked on it.

Breaking Bad is amazing, it's the type of thing you have to stick with though. I can honestly say it's probably the only show on that is noticeably better each season. The first season is quite good but by the time you hit season four, it's just *amazing*.

It's just the way the revenue stream works. AMC is owned by a content provider, think how ABC owns Disney, ESPN, and a host of other channels. We, the cable company, pay ABC a flat rate for all their programming and that is split up into the different channels. So even money they earn from Netflix, etc has to feed the parent company first whereas HBO gets it's own subscription fee and gets to keep all of its residuals from Netflix.

Think about The Wire. Widely hailed as the best TV show ever. No one watched it when it was on and it just has a cult following now that it's finished. Why isn't the best TV series ever in syndication? The Sopranos is. Band of Brothers gets airplay during Memorial Day and Indpendence day weekends. Good quality also doesn't mean ratings. Because WE watch it, the people watching Two and a Half Men aren't necessarily watching it either.

By the way, for anyone interested on trying out the The Walking Dead (or Mad Men...or Breaking Bad), Netflix has the AMC series streaming in HD. If you don't have Netflix, I think it would be worth the $7-8 to signup for a month of Netflix streaming and check em out. If you have a Netflix device (blu-ray player or TV or something) you can just watch in HD on your TV.

I think they have the first season of The Walking Dead, the first 3 of Breaking Bad and all 4 of Mad Men.

Two problems ... (1) copyright infringement and (2) that site is as virus free as a prostitute in Tijuana.

(1) meh, I watch the program on tv live, I just use the cite to rewatch

(2) It uses megavideo, videobb, divxden links, I haven't had any issues nor has my virus protection software been triggered when using thise cites, same goes for friends who use the cite as well.

It's just as safe, probably moreso, as firstrow and atdhe which people use all the time on here to watch Skins games

Well, THAT certainly didn't happen in the comic book...

Solid episode. I like that they are getting away from the comic a bit so it will keep those that have read it guessing.

On the "Talking Dead" last week they addressed this very thing, that there is enough continuity with the comics but yet the show is different enough to keep it interesting.

As soon as I saw him come back alone, I said to the wife, "Yeah, that ****er just waxed the other dude." What a POS.

That was EXACTLY what I said, I knew from the second the truck rolled in that he shot the other guy and left him behind as bait.

Rule #119 you don't have to out run the zombie, you only have to out run the guy you're with.

On the "Talking Dead" last week they addressed this very thing, that there is enough continuity with the comics but yet the show is different enough to keep it interesting.

That was EXACTLY what I said, I knew from the second the truck rolled in that he shot the other guy and left him behind as bait.

Rule #119 you don't have to out run the zombie, you only have to out run the guy you're with.

Funny enough that's my rule about attack dogs too.

I'm still wondering about the black dude and his son from the very first episode of season 1. I like that dude as an actor and was hoping to see more of him. I hope they somehow catch up to the group.

If anything, I hope they got sheriff's message to stay away from Atlanta. :(

I'm more interested to see how they bring Merle back into the show (i.e. will he fill the role of the Governor?)

I'm sorry but I probably would have done the same thing. Carl is like a son to Shane. If Shane hadn't shot Otis & left him as bait' date=' they both would have

been eaten & Carl most likely would not have survived the shoddy surgery attempt.[/quote']

First, whereas Shane had a bum ankle, Otis was perfectly fine. So, Shane was the liability, not Otis. Second, Otis had helped Shane after he hurt his ankle and that's how Shane repays him? Third, if Shane was really just looking out for Carl, his crippled ass would have given the supplies to Otis and told Otis to leave him behind.

PS - Someone remind me to cap S&S if zombies take over the planet. ;)

First, whereas Shane had a bum ankle, Otis was perfectly fine. So, Shane was the liability, not Otis. Second, Otis had helped Shane after he hurt his ankle and that's how Shane repays him? Third, if Shane was really just looking out for Carl, his crippled ass would have given the supplies to Otis and told Otis to leave him behind.

Actually, I agree with you that Shane didn't have to shot him, but to correct one thing Otis was hurt too. He hurt his leg jumping off the bleachers. They were both moving pretty slow. I think they have created Shane's character to be a guy you can't hate, but you're not on his side either.

Unless he moved then I'm about 30 minutes from him, I'll take care of it. ;)

That said, the reason so many of us saw it coming a mile away is because the same thought crossed all of our minds. As for the show, I like that element of realism showing that even the heroes aren't perfect and that they too won't act honorably all the time.

Archived