Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Not only is it obvious in the writing, but producers have also confirmed that one goal of the show is to create ambiguity and dissonance about who are the real monsters, having characters that are varying and ever-changing degrees of likable or not, the nature of humanity in general, especially under the most serious of stressors, and having many shades of grays in all these matters as well as some (at least one) very clearly defined hero figure (s) --who just may (in my speculation) also be compromised some time.

And yeah, you comic readers need to watch yourselves in this thread and use ninja text and spoiler alerts or I'll make you the ES version of the Walking Dead by putting you on "Read Only." :pfft: :D :evilg:

The characters this season seem to have all lost a lot of IQ points. Season one felt smarter while this season feels like the writers are coming up with scenarios and then finding any way to get the characters into them.

What happened to the "covering yourself in zombie slime" trick? They used it in the first season and until it started raining it was working. Would have come in handy in the school... hell any planning would have been good. Short on ammo, no melee weapons, no escape plan. What could go wrong?

Anyone else find it funny that the group the show is following seems to be the worst surviving group at dealing with the Zombie plague? The gang bangers in the city were getting along just fine, in the middle of a zombie city no less! The random country folk were doing just fine until one of them accidentally shot the boy. Meanwhile the main group is constantly on the move to no where. They need to elect the country guy with the cross bow leader and tell the sheriff he can now devote more time to feeling strongly about everything.

The characters this season seem to have all lost a lot of IQ points. Season one felt smarter while this season feels like the writers are coming up with scenarios and then finding any way to get the characters into them.

What happened to the "covering yourself in zombie slime" trick? They used it in the first season and until it started raining it was working. Would have come in handy in the school... hell any planning would have been good. Short on ammo, no melee weapons, no escape plan. What could go wrong?

Anyone else find it funny that the group the show is following seems to be the worst surviving group at dealing with the Zombie plague? The gang bangers in the city were getting along just fine, in the middle of a zombie city no less! The random country folk were doing just fine until one of them accidentally shot the boy. Meanwhile the main group is constantly on the move to no where. They need to elect the country guy with the cross bow leader and tell the sheriff he can now devote more time to feeling strongly about everything.

***SPOILER***

Yeah, Shane not having an escape plan at the school was bizarre. I mean at least keep a couple of flares and see what happens. Plus why did both go into the trailer when one could have carried both bags and the other stood cover?

Shane seemed like trouble anyway but turning him into a murderer in one episode was a bit of a stretch especially when he was kind of apathetic about it all anyway as per his desire to leave the group.

Note to writers, more tense zombie encounters less soap opera whinning and ******** from the females. The widow with the missing kid, the scowling blond, the two-timing mom, ALL COMPLETE AND UTTER BEAT DOWNS.

don't ruin anything if you have read the comics please. i am dying to find out if Merle shows back up, but I don't want anything spoiled

Um, not really ruining anything. One of the main antagonists in the comic is a character named the Governor. There isn't even a guarantee his character will appear in the series, I was just wondering what role Merle is going to fill because you would think he is going to be returning at some point.

And like S&S said, Merle and Daryl weren't even in the comic.

Um, not really ruining anything. One of the main antagonists in the comic is a character named the Governor. There isn't even a guarantee his character will appear in the series, I was just wondering what role Merle is going to fill because you would think he is going to be returning at some point.

And like S&S said, Merle and Daryl weren't even in the comic.

i never said you were ruining anything. i've never read the comics so i didn't know that Merle and his brother are not even in it.

i was just saying if you've read the comics and new that Merle returned later in the series not to give anything away

***SPOILER***

Shane seemed like trouble anyway but turning him into a murderer in one episode was a bit of a stretch especially when he was kind of apathetic about it all anyway as per his desire to leave the group.

***Spoiler***

I don't think this was a stretch at all.. Last season he was shown pointing a gun at Rick. You think a guy who would think about shooting his best friend in order to be with his wife wouldn't be able to shoot a man he just met in order to survive?

I actually like Shane's character. I'm rooting for him to make it to the end. I'm sure he'll go out in a blaze of glory though, sacrificing himself for Rick or the kid.

Dudes, if it's listed under "spoiler alert"... please don't quote it. Go ninja or something.

My fault... But the quoted text did have a Spoiler warning.. Besides, to me a spoiler is giving something away that hasn't happened yet. Also, if you haven't seen the latest episode why enter the thread?? Obviously people are going to be discussing the latest episode.

SPOILER. Ninja text...random thoughts and speculation. TV and comic.

So is Otis really gone? On IMBD.com it lists Otis as appearing in 6 episodes. He's only been in 2 so far. He can easily be in 6 via flashbacks but...

What if he staggers back to the farm? Remember that in the comic Herschel is keeping his infected family and neighbors in his barn while he waits for a cure. He would be sympathetic to zombie Otis and want to take him in. Also they would see a gun shot wound which could lead to a confrontation with Shane. Or, as Otis is making his way back to the farm, a herd forms with him and this is like the herd that forces evacuation of the farm in the comic.

Its also too bad they haven't run into Tyrese. I'm hoping that maybe they find him when they find Sophia. T-Dog though is probably meant to have the Tyrese role. Too bad, he's one of the better characters in the comic. It would also be great if Sophia is found as a zombie, then Carol could let her bite her and commit suicide that way, but I doubt that happens.

And could the comic be any slower right now? I got into it a while back and read a whole bunch of issues in a row online. Now I wait once a month for it to come out and its a whole bunch of nothing. It seems the last 5 issues have just been Rick talking to Carl. They take two issues to build up Nicholas as a threat only to have him back down immediately...and now they plant the seed for Abraham to be a threat. Something needs to happen...

Absolutely love the comic and love the show though.

My fault... But the quoted text did have a Spoiler warning.. Besides, to me a spoiler is giving something away that hasn't happened yet. Also, if you haven't seen the latest episode why enter the thread?? Obviously people are going to be discussing the latest episode.

I've seen the latest episode, but having warned me that there was a spoiler I didn't read your post. Spoiler alerts don't have an expiration date. I don't know if it's this episode or two episodes from now that this will come into play. Not related to this, but in other series' people have off handedly mentioned "oh so and so didn't get renewed for next season." well...

I'm loving the show. I was hoping Otis would have a bigger role in the show.

Did it bother anyone else that when the group was leaving the CDC there was literally hundreds of guns laying around and the group didn't think to pick anythying up?

Spoilers are only for what hasn't happened yet. Anything that has already aired is fair game as well as speculation/theories.

Did it bother anyone else that when the group was leaving the CDC there was literally hundreds of guns laying around and the group didn't think to pick anythying up?

Not too much. They couldn't grab anything on the way out since there was going to be a massive explosion. Then they couldn't hang out afterwards and get guns because the explosion would have attracted a massive herd. So they pretty much had to get out of there. Lack of ammo doesn't seem to be a problem for them yet.

Before Shane shot Otis he did tell Otis to leave him behind, but Otis got him back to his feet and they keep moving. The both knew at the end there that they couldn't both make it back to the truck and kind of looked at each other when each only had one bullet left. One had to go down for the other to get the equipment back to the farm.

Not too much. They couldn't grab anything on the way out since there was going to be a massive explosion. Then they couldn't hang out afterwards and get guns because the explosion would have attracted a massive herd. So they pretty much had to get out of there. Lack of ammo doesn't seem to be a problem for them yet.

They still had time to pick up an M4 or two. It certainly couldn't have hurt Otis and Shane to have more firepower.

Love this show, but its turning into how I used to feel about Survivor back in the day...almost as much about rooting for someone to get "voted off" as it is rooting for someone to win challenges and such...I want the useless mother to just die. Just go away, whether they find the girl or not.

Whereas in this last episode, when the blond chick and Daryl were out in the woods alone, I started actually liking her...I can see her being the one ****ing woman on this show that learns how to defend herself and act like a leader, rather than useless dead weight. This is her rough period, but I see her coming through and being kind of a bad ass, with that tortured past.

On that note: they've got all this down time (before the events of this season) while they're traveling, why the hell aren't the women and less skilled men getting constant self-defense lessons, lessons on how to shoot (idk how to do this without wasting ammo, but still), how to handle yourself in a 1-on-1 close encounter with a zombie, and quietly stab it in the brain, etc. I mean, you're living in a world overtaken by these mother****ers, and you're gonna fall on the ground screaming when one gets close? Come on. Especially the blond chick who wanted to die anyways. Part of the reason why I think she'd eventually make a great fearless leader-type is because she doesn't give a **** if she dies...and yet the episode where she's contemplating shooting herself in the head, she ****s her pants and starts having a mental breakdown while being attacked by a zombie? Idk, maybe they wanted to show that she DID want to live, she just didn't know it till then.

I'm not saying I want a group full of elite zombie-hunters where they're all badasses, but come on. They should all be more competent than they are, outside of Sherrif and Shane and Daryl.

While I do love this show, I would also love to see a great action scene or two of zombies getting straight up obliterated. Maybe they show a group of soldiers or anyone that can handle weapons just destroying zombies left and right. I know this show isn't an action thriller but a nice change of pace in an episode or two would be great.

I woulnd't mind seeing that, either :ols:

I have to admit, watching the entire first season as a marathon (7 straight hours back to back episodes) was amazing. I wish I had the discipline to not watch the shows during the season, and then watching them all back to back once the show drops on Netflix or on demand. It was really fun watching all 7 hours of the first season in one sitting. Like a movie that never ended..

I wish I could've watched LOST like that...instead of having to endure 6 months of torture between seasons.

A coworker said that there was a critical clue on the nature of zombies from the episode where Otis and Shane go to the high school. Can someone ninja me this info. I deleted episodes so I can't go back.

Not sure what you mean? I watched the episode a couple of times. What did he/you mean by their nature?

Last night's episode was a bit slow. The preview for next week looks great though.

Archived