Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We were too sloppy those final 7 minutes. It all started when we were up 7 and didn't box out when Leslie missed both free throws. NC State put it back, then hit a 3.

C'mon Hoyas don't give up. The mark of a good team is that they don't fold under pressure. MUST come out of the half hot or else we will be done.

Extremely worried...

15 minutes left in this game...I think we're gonna lose. Not making shots.

**** my life.

Edited by abdcskins

The offense looked so stagnant today. Sometimes I wonder about the Princeton offense. I hardly think JTIII should be fired, but man...that last shot when we were down 2 by Otto Porter was horrible. I almost would've liked us to hold onto the ball and take the final shot for the win. No inside presence either. Really it all started in those last 5 minutes of the first half like I said. You just can't let a team get back into it like that when you are up 10 going into the half.

I hope Hopkins and Ayegba can show some stuff next year because we are going to need them. And I really hope Thompson stays. I see him as a late first rounder at best, maybe early second. If he stayed and had a solid year he could turn into a top 20 pick.

Hoyas are in a tough recruiting battle for Nerlens Noel. The Hoyas have a puncher's chance in this one. Land him, keep Hollis and I think you have a possible top 5 team.

Really hoping the Hoyas get Noel.

And in addition to Noel, hopefully Tyler Adams is over his heart condition.

The Hoyas could've used him this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/15382/noel-narrows-list-of-schools-to-three

Nerlens Noel narrows list of schools to three

ESPN's Dave Telep checks in today with Tilton (N.H.) senior center Nerlens Noel, who recently eliminated North Carolina from his list of suitors and is down to Georgetown, Syracuse and Kentucky.

“I cut it a little bit today,” Noel said Sunday night. “I took North Carolina off. I didn’t want to delay the process.”

A potential March 19 visit to UNC isn’t happening. While Georgetown, Syracuse and Kentucky –- Noel’s final three –- have been with him a long time, the Tar Heels tried to make a run at him following his reclassification. Turns out it was too late. Connecticut was also trimmed from the final list.

“I think I’m getting close,” Noel said. “I think after my mom talks to coaches and Kentucky does an in-home visit. Then Syracuse is on Wednesday and my mom already met with Georgetown when she went with me on my visit.”

Each of the three remaining schools has a different angle with which to approach the shot-swatter. The Wildcats, well, they could be four games away from replacing probably No. 1 NBA Draft pick Anthony Davis.

“I don’t like to think like I’m replacing somebody,” Noel said. “I want to go in there and play my own game. I don’t want to replace him and I know we’re similar but I want to go in there and do my own thing.

“Kentucky, when I was there they showed me how good of a job they do with their players and that maybe in 1-2 years in college I could be a professional.”

Then there’s Syracuse. Noel’s always been fond of the Orange. “Syracuse has a great tradition. Whenever I go there it’s a family thing and I like (Jim) Boeheim and (Mike) Hopkins a lot. Playing with Mike Carter-Williams again would be real good. They do a great job of explaining the place.”

The Hoyas' past is not easily lost on Noel. Some of the game's great shot-blockers roamed the lane under the watchful eye of two generations of Thompsons. From Patrick Ewing all the way through Roy Hibbert, the Hoyas have always loved having an anchor in the middle.

“Georgetown really showed me what they’re about. I watched video about how they utilized their big men and I can pass the ball and get assists in that system.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/04/georgetown-making-a-run-at-nerlens-noel/

Georgetown Making a Run at Nerlens Noel

Despite much conventional wisdom that Nerlens Noel will land at Kentucky to replace Anthony Davis, the Georgetown Hoyas are in a strong position with the 6-foot-10 shot-blocker, multiple sources told SNY.tv.

“I don’t know why everyone’s saying Kentucky, it’s definitely premature I can guarantee you,” one source said.

“Georgetown is way deeper than people give them credit for.”

Noel is down to Kentucky, Georgetown and Syracuse and will announce April 11 on ESPN, along with Shabazz Muhammad.

“He’s absolutely still in the decision-making process,” the source told SNY.tv of Noel. “He’s torn.”

Noel just returned from competing in the All-American Championship in New Orleans, where he was watched by none other than John Thompson Jr., who purchased a ticket to watch the game.

You can bet he didn’t do that unless he thought the Hoyas had a chance.

The Hoyas have a long tradition of successful big men dating from Patrick Ewing and Dikembe Mutombo to Alonzo Mourning and now Roy Hibbert, Greg Monroe, Jeff Green and Henry Sims.

The Georgetown offense runs through its big man and those around Noel believe he could facilitate from the high post by passing and distributing.

“He’s a great passer and doesn’t make mistakes,” one source said.

hopefully we can land this new recruit

This recruit (Nerlens Noel) is the #1 ranked player in the country for the class of 2012.

Some scouts say he's a better defender than Anthony Davis. :yikes:

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 08:06 PM ----------

https://twitter.com/#!/evandanielscout

Evan Daniels ‏ @EvanDanielscout

I've had no less than 3 industry sources tell me in the past few days they think Nerlens Noel will end up at Georgetown. Tight race ahead

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

If the Hoyas get Noel and Pollard.......

Sky is the limit.

Yep.

Final Four here we come. :cloud9:

---------- Post added April-11th-2012 at 09:51 PM ----------

Just came from a Syracuse board and thier "insiders" say unless something changes within the next 3 hours, Noel is G'Town bound.

If the Noel domino falls in the favor of the Hoyas, I fully expect Pollard to come aboard as well. I think the Hoyas have a great shot at Pollard even if Nerlens doesn't come along.

All the current rumors though say Nerlens to the Hoyas, Would be awesome, find out in a couple of hours.

Getting a second year out of Nerlens would mean probably mean the Hoyas disappointed because Nerlens didn't live up to the hype. I don't want that situation.

I can live with one year out of Noel, as long as we make it count. The Hoyas could have 3 first rounders on the floor with Noel, Pollard and Porter.