Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I would like to hear from Henry why he didn't flush that bunny late. He had just done the same move a few minutes before and dunked it down. He should of done it again, it would of quieted the building.

He has played two great games recently against two ranked teams. I hope he has a great senior year.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice win by the Hoyas. Memphis is a poorly coached team, they have talent, but they are totally undisciplined. They don't have much of a half court game and they don't have much as far as outside shooting either.

Hoyas did a nice job with the out of conference schedule. The next test will be a great one, at Louisville.

Markel Starks continues to progress nicely.

Edited by REDSKINS STOMP

Louisville snuck back into it in 2nd half

Georgetown up 4 in final minute

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:00 PM ----------

Good win for Georgetown against a highly ranked and highly regarded Louisville ball club, away from the friendly confines of Verizon Center

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

Smith hits a three and Louisville pulls within three.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:07 PM ----------

Georgetown is likely going to win. Good win

Markel Starks shot unbelievably. Otto Porter is so energetic and can jump out of the gym. He hit some big free throws and rebounded huge. Thompson hit a big 3. Great defense.

This team is deep. I am knocking on wood and praying that an injury won't hit because man, I am liking what I am seeing. Not gonna get too crazy and just enjoy watching this young team.

And that is what it really comes down to for the Hoyas and JTIII. March performance. But you have to like what we have seen so far. Markel Starks is starting to emerge and Porter continues to make big time contributions.

If Jason Clark shot doesn't disappear and Henry Sims continues to play well in the post, the Hoyas have a chance.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20111228/COLUMNISTS01/312280119/Rick-Bozich-Louisville-Basketball-Georgetown?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CHome

:)

Seven NBA scouts came to the KFC Yum! Center for the Georgetown-Louisville game Wednesday night. The ones I talked with made the same two observations:

The only first-round draft picks on the court played for the Hoyas. And the surprise of the night wasn’t that Georgetown defeated the Cardinals, 71-68. The shocker was that Rick Pitino had shaken and stirred a 12-0 record out of this group.

Georgetown won because Georgetown was better.

The Rutgers athletics department should contact the local DC metro authorites immediately.

Because the Hoyas and the officials absolutely stole one today. Georgetown had no business winning that game, period.

If I were a Rutgers fan, this is the kind of game that totally pisses me off, because the refs gave the game to the Hoyas, plain and simple.