Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

NIce game for the Hoyas. The offense showed up tonight and the zone defense was tight.

Starks must continue to play offensively like that for the Hoyas to be a successful team this year. Whit hitting 3s consistently would also be huge.

#1 Indiana tomorrow night should be fun.

Edited by REDSKINS STOMP

Real nice game, recorded it just finished. Starks looks like he's ready to take over that PG role. He's been patient the first two years behind Wright and Clark....Starks was a big recruit along with Lubick in 2010 I think he's ready to shine. Hopkins needs to give us some muscle down low too if we want to make some real noise. Porter, Whittington, Trawick- those are all good players. Hoyas have potential...it's all about March though for them. They'll win their fair share of games during the regular season, but JT3 needs to get them focused in March.

Big test tomorrow vs. Indiana. That is a resume builder extraordinaire.

Great effort. Didn't have the focus in OT. I almost wish we took more threes given that Indiana was playing zone. I'd also like to see Porter post up more, same with Hopkins. I absolutely love Jabril Trawick that kid is fast, strong, and plays with grit.

On another note, I don't claim to be a scout, but Cody Zeller as a #1 pick does not seem adequate. He has great touch and moves around the basket but man he needs to bulk up. He's gonna get outmuscled big time in the NBA.

Took #1 to overtime. The trip to Brooklyn was good overall, but I have to admit, I wanted the Hoyas to take the three at the end of regulation instead of the tie. And the way the OT played out is why.

I certainly hope Markel Starks progression continues. Porter is our best player, but Starks has to be second.

I want to see this Hoyas team play like this in March please.

Oh and Porter is my guy but he had two consecutive turnovers that hurt really bad. His decision making and passing was a little ehhh. He won't do that often though (hopefully).

We were able to penetrate the zone pretty well for a brief period there in the second. Starks is a speedy dude and smart.

A lot of talk was that Starks had a great summer. I believe it, he looks like he has hit the weight room and gotten himself in great shape.

Porter had some down moments last night, but he didn't play a totally bad game. He had a poor shooting first half as well. But when we needed it at the end of regulation, he provided.

Looking forward to watching this team play this season.

• 2 weeks later...

I deleted that game off my DVR immediately.

Turnovers, fouls, missed shots. We had layups that we blew. Pulled it out with good defense.

The thing that stood out for me is that Mikael Hopkins needs to learn how to finish close to the rim. He blew a few. Plus we are going to need to penetrate the lane cuz we don't exactly have the best jump shooters. Whittington is either on or he isn't. Starks, Porter, and Trawick the same. I'd say Smith-Rivera is our best from beyond the arc. Gotta slash and cut, in the classic Princeton offense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Marquette is a tough out every year now under Crean / Buzz Williams

They are an elite basketball team in the BE

They frequently give GTown fits and that is true today, 1 pt game with 39 seconds left. Game is on Big East Network / Sports Talk 570

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 04:07 PM ----------

Can't see game but Chvotkin says it's a three point foul

Georgetown down 3

Georgetown fouled and hits 2 out of 3, misses crucial FT that would have tied game. Marquette wins.

And that team was Pitt and they did it with ease.

Probably time to worry about this team making the tournament. Right now this could be a big disaster. Team is young, no senior leadership and they have serious problems on offense. This team won't win many in the Big East this year with this kind of play.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoyas playing Notre Dame right now on ESPN. Somewhat big game, need to rebound from that poor effort against South Florida. Get back into tournament contention.

---------- Post added January-21st-2013 at 07:55 PM ----------

Otto Porter starting off sizzling. Need him to step up with Whittington out. Would like to see Starks and Hopkins as well.

Yeah big win for sure. Notre Dame had won their last 45 out of 47 games at home, which I thought was an impressive stat. Smith-Rivera stepped up, he can shoot, diaper dandy that one. And Porter was tremendous. Good movement, passing, and shooting. Defense was large, Ayegba cleaned up the boards he is gonna get more time. Everyone contributed. Nice to see Lubick get some post moves in there, he has this little hook that works.

Edited by abdcskins