Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We have got to get this three seed.

You're right, but we're gettin bent over backwards by this schedule.  Cavs playing Bucks on 19th, we're playing the Spurs on 21st.  If there was ever a time for you to break down how the NBA may have a semi-vendeta against us similar to the NFL and Mara against the Redskins, holy **** now would be the time.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:24 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Firming up that 5 seed.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:00 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

This Pacers game could leave us in the 3 seed.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:40 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather be the 4 seed and play the 5 seeded Pacers. Let the Cavs get 3 and play 6 seed 76ers. Simmons/Embid will be a nightmare matchup.

35 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We have got to get this three seed.

Come back soon, John!

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You're right, but we're gettin bent over backwards by this schedule.  Cavs playing Bucks on 19th, we're playing the Spurs on 21st.  If there was ever a time for you to break down how the NBA may have a semi-vendeta against us similar to the NFL and Mara against the Redskins, holy **** now would be the time.

Not really. We played a bunch of tomato cans early on and lost to a lot of them, that's why we're in this spot, otherwise we're fighting with the Celtics and Raptors for East supremacy.

I don't think our seed matters as much as matchup. We need to avoid the Bucks and 76ers, they're tougher matchups. The Pacers with a healthy Wall we beat in 5, maybe 6. And we've shown we have absolutely no fear whatsoever of the Raptors or Celtics, I think with a healthy and in form Wall we can beat both. The Cavs...well until someone knocks out Lebron he's still the King.

• Like 2

Let's talk about Wall for a minute.  There are only 9 games left on the schedule for which he'd likely be eligible.  Is that enough to get back in game shape? Seems risky to put a player into post season basketball that may not be physically ready after repeated knee issues.  Will he be on a minutes restriction in the playoffs?  He doesn't strike me as the type to stick to that.  

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Not really. We played a bunch of tomato cans early on and lost to a lot of them, that's why we're in this spot, otherwise we're fighting with the Celtics and Raptors for East supremacy.

I'd argue a weaker second half schedule is better then a weaker first half schedule.  Warriors have easiest SOS post-allstar break in the west, Cavs are 22nd overall.  By comparison we have the hardest in the NBA.  To me, it looks like this might not be a sign that we're being targeted, but its obvious the league is giving teams they have a preference for easier second half schedules.  I get that some teams records may be better or worse then people expect, but if you look at the teams missing from the Warriors schedule and the lack of long road trips, you can tell there was effort there.

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

Seems risky to put a player into post season basketball that may not be physically ready after repeated knee issues.  Will he be on a minutes restriction in the playoffs?  He doesn't strike me as the type to stick to that.  

I'm mentally preparing myself for him not being the same player yet he was last year in the playoffs in the first round, which is what we need.  If he's cleared medically, he needs to play.  If we're smart we'll focus his minutes towards the backend of the game, which should be a fair compromise.  

If anything I'm more concerned about is the lack of opportunity to practice more off-ball play for him before the post-season.  This is where who we seed with is going to matter immensely, I don't want to practice that implementation against the Cavs.  That last Boston game was a mirage to me, they took us to double overtime with both hands tied behind their backs.

I believe we gotta get to second round before we see the offense reach its potential with a healthy Wall (if he is indeed healthy).  Hopefully we'll reach our final form before the final round.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd argue a weaker second half schedule is better then a weaker first half schedule.  Warriors have easiest SOS post-allstar break in the west, Cavs are 22nd overall.  By comparison we have the hardest in the NBA.  To me, it looks like this might not be a sign that we're being targeted, but its obvious the league is giving teams they have a preference for easier second half schedules.  I get that some teams records may be better or worse then people expect, but if you look at the teams missing from the Warriors schedule and the lack of long road trips, you can tell there was effort there.

You're reaching. There's no conspiracy.