Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.Com reporting Jason Campbell Trade to Raiders Now Official

Burgold

left_corner_player_news.gifWAS.gifJason Campbell-QB-RedskinsApr. 24 - 12:41 pm et right_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifAccording to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, the Raiders are close to a trade with the Redskins for Jason Campbell.

The Bills remain asleep at the wheel, apparently content to use a run-heavy offense with C.J. Spiller, Fred Jackson, and Marshawn Lynch. Campbell would be a major upgrade on Bruce Gradkowski and JaMarcus Russell in Oakland, increasing the fantasy value of the entire offense.

*****Attention *****a report from JLC, it is what it is***********************

Campbell was much better than many thought.

Take Zorn's playcalling

Take no o-line

Take poor receiver play.

And still has stats and performance were above average. Still, he was so much of an enigma after five years that it is best for both signs that he goes.

who do you want on the Raiders that Davis would deal?

The fact that the Raiders are the only suckers left, after Vinny resigned, says a lot. It also means JC has zero trade value.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to wait for a QB to go down during the preseason...and then trade him for a 2011 pick.

It's time for a change of scenery, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Campbell. He can be a good (not great) starter from someone, and I hope he is. Good guy and a consummate pro. Best of luck to him.

Take Zorn's playcalling

Take no o-line

Take poor receiver play.

And still has stats and performance were above average. Still, he was so much of an enigma after five years that it is best for both signs that he goes.

He got a bad deal for sure. Oakland isn't that far from competing.

Take Zorn's playcalling

Take no o-line

Take poor receiver play.

His market value proves otherwise. Let's not rehash the arguments. The Redskins made the playoffs with other QBs when JC was on the team. The guy was worthless from day 1. Getting a 6th rd pick out of Al Davis is what we are left with. Pretty pathetic indictment.

Take Zorn's playcalling

Take no o-line

Take poor receiver play.

then why did NOBODY in the nfl want this guy

based on stats alone he had a top 15 QB rating and he's not even 30 yet

I'm not a JC defender by any means, but I'm honestly puzzled by the fact he couldn't even garner a 4th.

But then, so many teams made so many dumb moves that I dunno.

I'll take Jason Campbell over the dreck they have in Buffalo any day.

Take Zorn's playcalling

Take no o-line

Take poor receiver play.

I thought Campbell was responsible in a significant way for all of those things myself.

then why did NOBODY in the nfl want this guy

based on stats alone he had a top 15 QB rating and he's not even 30 yet

I'm not a JC defender by any means, but I'm honestly puzzled by the fact he couldn't even garner a 4th.

But then, so many teams made so many dumb moves that I dunno.

I'll take Jason Campbell over the dreck they have in Buffalo any day.

Because they knew we had no leverage, and that if we didn't take what we could get he would most likely be cut and available for no picks. It artificially deflates his value from whatever "fair" would be. Probably a late 3rd high 4th?

I thought Campbell was responsible in a significant way for all of those things myself.

Campbell was complicit in his problems, but the obstacles he dealt with on this team were very real... esp. last year. No running game, receivers that led the NFL in drops, and an absolutely horrible O-Line.

If eventually, he began getting jittery and lost a bit on his accurasy or always defaulted short can you really blame him?

Archived