Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Pretty disappointed in the best actor.  I think I said in the movie thread that Casey would win best actor after I saw Manchester.  However I saw that before I saw Fences (I think?)

Denzel gave the best performance of his career.  The 5 minute monologues of him pouring his soul into the character and scenes.  Denzel, like many big name actors, often times plays himself in a lot of movies.  Flight, Equalizer, Man on Fire, Deja Vu, etc.  Just a cool ass black dude lol.  But in Fences... Denzel was actually acting, he was somebody else and not a variation of himself.  As good as he was, Casey was Casey in Manchester.  In Fences, Denzel was Troy, not Denzel. And I believed it. 

The only person that I felt deserved to win over Denzel was Casey, but I'm still kinda blown.  And Washington's face says it all.  Oh well.  Casey crushed it too.

And Viola Davis has been acting her tail off on the big screen since the 90s, going mostly unknown.  But everybody sees her in The Help in 2011 and all of a sudden she's a household name.  **** outta here.

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I tried the Reese's cups with Reese's Pieces inside...now, those are life-changing.  <So much so that I haven't bought another pack.  Dangerous **** right thar.>

Somebody was high when they created that.  Guarantee it.  

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I tried the Reese's cups with Reese's Pieces inside...now, those are life-changing.  <So much so that I haven't bought another pack.  Dangerous **** right thar.>

No reese's pieces for me. Got so sick on a Halloween as a kid...never had them again. Sure it was my own fault.  

29 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

DC United is 1 year away from having a better stadium than the Redskins lmao.

They should. Most titles since 1992 of any DC team. 

28 minutes ago, youngchew said:

My man.  Jellybeans are nasty.  Barf.

Now some top quality gummy Bears whewwwww :headbang:

My kid was introduced to Gummi Bears the cartoon from my youth. She was "intrigued" by it. Cartoons these days are much nicer. Didn't realize ours were so "real".

On 2/25/2017 at 0:52 PM, youngchew said:

My bad man, my headphones died.   Haha ya man that was fun.  You came in at the tail end too, we had like 9 people at one point.

You definitely gotta rock with us more often, brother.  Every MWF 9 PM.  Mika missed you.  We were upstairs this morning and she said "Taze is funny as ****."  I was like "duh" lol

Now that I know y'all are on a set schedule playing, It will be easier to hop in a game with y'all.  Starting at 9pm EST, I should be able to get in a few games before calling it a night, at least 3 or 4 since they take around 30 minutes a pop.  Ended up playing all weekend too, it was with randoms, but I managed to get in a good squad a few times and able to finish 2nd overall on the team (out of 32) and 4th overall in the game (out of 64) a few times.  

Was funny looking at my KD ratio for one match where I finished 2nd overall in both the team and game, it was something bad like 9-15 and the guy right below me went something like 48-10 :rofl89:  

All bout dem objectives.........

Playing with randoms would be better if the squad leader would mark objectives so you get the points for following orders and capturing.  It's so hit or miss on that which makes it frustrating.  And when you get that one jerk that marks, but changes it over and over.  I'll be running to A, halfway there, then they die and switch it to C (where they are closer to).  

100% guarantee that the Oscar flub with best picture last night, was a "stunt".  Someone planted that wrong envelope so that people would be talking about it today.  Sad, that this is what we've sunk to.

As far as Denzel, I think he's one of my favorites, but he plays the same role in every movie.  Like, he hasn't ever done anything different.  I like him, but he has the range of Vin Diesel.

Archived