Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[ESPN980] Trent Dilfer: "Ultimate offense on 1st and 2nd down"

sjinhan

A great explaination or review of the current Redskins offense by Trent Dilfer. I think anyone that have doubts on this offense should really take time to hear the discussion

Great quotes from Trent Dilfer

"Ultimate offense on 1st and 2nd down"

"I want to move to DC area so I can become a Redskins Fan"

Some really good part talking about Redskins success against man covereage starting around 7 min 45 sec - 8 min mark.

If you can then click on the link below so we can give those guys hits on their page on the PODCAST...

http://www.espn980.com/shows/the_sports_fix.php#

I guess I will link the youtube version of it here for the lazy folks...

Dilfer has positioned himself to be arguably the top technical analyst out there. He is always prepared, has a pretty engaging personality, and isn't afraid to drop criticism when necessary. He has surpassed Jaws as the go to "film breakdown" guy at ESPN.

Dilfer has positioned himself to be arguably the top technical analyst out there. He is always prepared, has a pretty engaging personality, and isn't afraid to drop criticism when necessary. He has surpassed Jaws as the go to "film breakdown" guy at ESPN.

Yes, he's one of the only reasons why i check for NFL commentary on ESPN. Dilfer is pretty dog'on good!

Great score, sjinhan. I have liked Dilfer as an analyst for awhile now, and that breakdown was very well-done. He really put some time in on it, and I take his resulting enthusiasm as another good sign for us.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 09:29 AM ----------

I'll add when he was in the SEA area, everyone had only good things to say about the guy on and off the field. I always wanted to meet the guy, but never did.

If Dilfer had said "This is a gimmick offense that won't sustain", comments would be :

"LOL what does he know about being a QB? That loser didn't deserve his ring. He's an awful commentator and doesn't belong on TV".

:D

you know it's true

Haha Yeah I'm a little confused. Didn't we always put this guy on blast for making idiot remarks and being a horrible QB?

If Dilfer had said "This is a gimmick offense that won't sustain", comments would be :

"LOL what does he know about being a QB? That loser didn't deserve his ring. He's an awful commentator and doesn't belong on TV".

you know it's true

lol you just hit the nail on the head

I love me some Dilfer. He's great on TV and can confirm personally he's a great dude. My uncle was his QB coach in Cleveland for a few years and LOVED him. Just a great, friendly guy that "gets it".

Also pulled off one of the best pranks I've heard of. I forget which Brown's rookie he supposedly did it to...but Dilfer got a copy of his apartment key made. When they went to an away game, he had paid movers to come in and take every item out of the kids apartment and put it into storage. When they came back from the road trip the Rookie opened his door to a barren apartment :)

Im not basing my opinion off of this interview as Ive been of this opinion for a long time. I really enjoy listening to Trent Dilfer talk x's and o's. Guy is about as smart and thorough as they come; doesnt just spout garbage that he hears from his colleagues.

Nice listen, thanks for posting.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 01:10 PM ----------

Jaws is a ****tard.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

Haha Yeah I'm a little confused. Didn't we always put this guy on blast for making idiot remarks and being a horrible QB?

I dont know who 'we' includes, but an NFL QB and an NFL Analyst are two completely different things.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 01:15 PM ----------

anyone that thinks Cowherd is an idiot or a hack has blinders on. He is very good at what he does.

Agree to disagree.

The guy is unlistenable, skins fan or not.

I'd put him at number two behind Mike Mayock. That guy is great.

you know it's true

So true. He also said mark sanchez was going to be a beast!

A lot of a-holes play this game. It's great when a good guy, like Trent Dilfer, or Mark Rypien, can get a ring. Dilfer may have been a mediocre QB, but yeah, becoming a top-notch analyst.

well a "mediocre" QB that has a Super Bowl ring. From my memory of the Super Bowl game, Dilfer did make some critical throws that put them over the top. Yes Ravens defense carried the team but Dilfer did make some throws that were critical during the Super Bowl run. Dilfer is not a HOF QB but he isnt as bad as what everyone want to make him to be.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

So true. He also said mark sanchez was going to be a beast!

well scouting and projecting is a completely a different beast then just sitting down and analyzing the X's and O's...

According to Ron Jaworski, there are "a LOT" of quarterbacks playing better than Robert Griffin right now.

According to Ron Jaworski, there are "a LOT" of quarterbacks playing better than Robert Griffin right now.

I see that this is something that commentators and analysts have been saying lately. For a week or so, it bothered me and I felt agitated by the disrespect. But then it dawned on me...I don't care. And I don't mean that in the way that one would think. It's not just that I don't care about Jaworski's (or anyone's) opinion, it's that I don't care if they are correct.

For years we've watched from afar as people tried to determine if Brady was good because of coaching or if Manning could replicate his success with a different cast or if Brees was doing anything special. At this point, I don't care if Griffin is succeeding because of coaching, scheme, or his ridiculous talent. He's succeeding and he's atop the QB rankings in almost every category. That's real. The factors don't concern me because none of them appear to be changing any time soon.

So, whether Griffin is just incredible and would succeed anywhere or if he and the Shanahans are just a perfect match, the end result is that our Redskins are getting top-notch QB play from their 22-year old rookie. And there's seemingly no end in sight. I'd be thrilled to sit here for a decade-plus and let fans from other teams attempt to rationalize and debate it. If they are, I have a feeling we'll be reeling off double-digit win seasons and playoff runs.

I wonder who he would say these LOT are? Brady, Manning, Schaub and that's it in my eyes. Matty Ice had a 5 int game didn't he? If by Lot he means 3, than he's correct.

I see that this is something that commentators and analysts have been saying lately. For a week or so, it bothered me and I felt agitated by the disrespect. But then it dawned on me...I don't care. And I don't mean that in the way that one would think. It's not just that I don't care about Jaworski's (or anyone's) opinion, it's that I don't care if they are correct.

For years we've watched from afar as people tried to determine if Brady was good because of coaching or if Manning could replicate his success with a different cast or if Brees was doing anything special. At this point, I don't care if Griffin is succeeding because of coaching, scheme, or his ridiculous talent. He's succeeding and he's atop the QB rankings in almost every category. That's real. The factors don't concern me because none of them appear to be changing any time soon.

So, whether Griffin is just incredible and would succeed anywhere or if he and the Shanahans are just a perfect match, the end result is that our Redskins are getting top-notch QB play from their 22-year old rookie. And there's seemingly no end in sight. I'd be thrilled to sit here for a decade-plus and let fans from other teams attempt to rationalize and debate it. If they are, I have a feeling we'll be reeling off double-digit win seasons and playoff runs.

this:thumbsup:

I see that this is something that commentators and analysts have been saying lately. For a week or so, it bothered me and I felt agitated by the disrespect. But then it dawned on me...I don't care.

I feel the same way. I was mostly curious as to the specific number and names of the QBs were outplaying him.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 02:21 PM ----------

I wonder who he would say these LOT are? Brady, Manning, Schaub and that's it in my eyes. Matty Ice had a 5 int game didn't he? If by Lot he means 3, than he's correct.

I believe the only one he named was Peyton Manning. This was on PTI yesterday.

Archived